[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

lurk852

2012 Nov 21, 02:14:46 #1760 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 21, 02:33:20 by lurk852
Quote from: Octavia on 2012 Nov 21, 01:20:08
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 21, 00:26:05
It's one of my favorites in both gameplay and plot (and ludicrous Kojima weirdness).

Indeed. One of the best PS2 games, in terms of both gameplay and plot, in my opinion (It was the most realistic, too!). You can never go wrong with Kojima's strange mind!

I also love the little secrets in the game, like how you're able to defeat The End either before his battle (no damage, except wheelchair to the face!), or by changing the PS2's clock during the battle, or how the length of The Sorrow's river is dependent on the number of enemies you killed. Also, Raikov looks nothing like Raiden, by the way. Nope, not one bit. Oh, let's not forget the time paradoxes. It's these things that make me appreciate a game even more.

Yeah, I always wished I were better at that game + didn't have to worry about food/ammo, because it seems like it could be really entertaining just sneaking around the enemy camps seeing how many bizarre things you could find.

I may almost be tempted to buy the 3D version when I get a 3DS  :/

Oh, the 3DS version would be, without a doubt, the first game I would purchase when I get a 3DS. I even have the HD collection for the PS3. I bet you can tell I'm a big fan of the series, haha.

Yeah... I usually avoid buying the same game twice, but I've heard the 3D stuff is done pretty well. There are so many random challenges and unlockables I never bothered with before, I could get quite a lot of time out of doing all that.

Say, if you're such a fan, there's a good chance you've seen this already, but just in case: you should check out Hiimdaisy's comics about the first three games. They're fantastic, at least if you have a weird sense of humor; after I read through one of them for the first time, for the next few days I'd randomly remember part of it and burst out laughing, which was sometimes kind of problematic. You can find 'em here, but they're arranged kind of inconveniently... I zipped the third one here, if you haven't seen them before.

I'll probably be picking up Skyward Sword and NSMB soon

I got the limited edition of Skyward Sword, that came bundled with that gold-colored Wii Remote Plus. Though, I haven't had much time to play it, yet. But from what I've seen, it is definitely a good game.

Oh, which New Super Mario Bros. are you getting? The Wii version? That game is really fun to play cooperatively, if you can get everyone to work together, that is. Messing with the other players is still a load of fun, though. (I do it all the time!)

Wii version, yeah. The multiplayer sounds... interesting  :P I'm also curious about the 3DS version. I'm thinking of picking up that system within the next few months, but I know the 3DS version got worse reviews than the other three. (Huh. Looking at reviews right now, I only just realized there was a DS version.)

Someone's gotta do the bucking, after all.

Haha, indeed. I think I'll stick with being a Unicorn, though. Magic's a great thing to have, after all.

That it is. I think I'll reserve my final judgement until we actually know what all the different races can do.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Octavia

2012 Nov 21, 02:40:48 #1761 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 21, 02:56:26 by Octavia
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 21, 02:14:46
Yeah, I always wished I were better at that game + didn't have to worry about food/ammo, because it seems like it could be really entertaining just sneaking around the enemy camps seeing how many bizarre things you could find.

When I first played it years ago, it was on Very Easy mode, haha. That EZ Gun was great to have. It allowed me to get through the entire game without actually killing anyone, save for the bosses. Food and ammo aren't really that hard to find later in the game, though. And it is fun just sneaking around, because there are just so many hidden areas in the game! Though, I enjoy messing around with the guards more.

Yeah... I usually avoid buying the same game twice

Indeed. I only buy a game a second time, on another console if the new additions to it are worth the money and time. If it's just a port, however, I usually skip it. (...Being able to watch the cutscenes in HD was actually the reason I bought the HD collection, haha.)

Say, if you're such a fan, there's a good chance you've seen this already, but just in case: you should check out Hiimdaisy's comics about the first three games.

Oh, I've seen Hiimdaisy's comics. They're really amusing! In fact, I even linked to a snippet of her MGS3 comic in a previous post.

Quote from: Octavia on 2012 Nov 21, 01:20:08
(It was the most realistic, too!).

It's a shame she isn't planning on doing Metal Gear Solid 4, though.

I zipped the third one here

Well, I didn't feel like downloading them separately, so thank you for that, lurk. I can always get a good laugh out of her comics, haha.

Wii version, yeah. The multiplayer sounds... interesting  :P

It is, actually. I just love pushing the other players into pits or enemies, or messing up their jumps, haha. Oh boy, you shouldn't ever play these games with me unless you enjoy frustration. (I'm only kidding!)

I'm also curious about the 3DS version. I'm thinking of picking up that system within the next few months, but I know the 3DS version got worse reviews than the other three. (Huh. Looking at reviews right now, I only just realized there was a DS version.)

Well, from what I've heard, the 3DS version is just a lazy remake, only with a few new things added to it, like that silly coin rush mode. I haven't played it for myself, so I can't really say much on the matter.

The DS version, though, was probably the best out of the New Super Mario Bros. games, in my opinion. I still play it from time to time. It's really great. Everything was just so fresh and new with that game.

Travius Trott

Umm, pardon me, but I have to say that these posts are getting quite large.

Might I recommend having these conversations over PMs, or maybe use a lesser number of quotes.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Octavia

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Nov 21, 08:41:04
Umm, pardon me, but I have to say that these posts are getting quite large.

Oh, yes. My apologies, Travius. I suppose I got a little carried away there. It won't happen again!

lurk852

Sotha

Happy Thanksgiving, to those who celebrate it! Be safe, fellow travellers.
May you walk on warm sands.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Sotha on 2012 Nov 22, 10:37:12
Happy Thanksgiving, to those who celebrate it! Be safe, fellow travellers.
happy thanksgiving ^^ turkey!
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Cinnibon Milque

Happy thanks giving everyone~  ^-^

Sea Foam

I wish I could say Happy Thanksgiving but, according to my clock, I'm six minutes late.  :I

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

The Wandering Magus

x3 you've still got time where I am! :D thanks~ and happy thanksgiving to you too ^^
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Julius

Oh, I thought I'd already posted here. Well, happy thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate it! ^-^
Purr~

lurk852

Happy th- oh, it's over. Happy belated thanksgiving!

^ Unicorns and Pegasi are tied in the poll. I ask of you: what up with that?!

Julius

Now we just need nine Earth Ponies! :P

What's the limit on ponies for a herd ingame anyways? Because looking at that poll, there's a lot of Travellers. I'm not that much of an MMORPG player, but I've seen some guilds max out at 80.
Purr~

lurk852

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 23, 10:01:14
Now we just need nine Earth Ponies! :P

What's the limit on ponies for a herd ingame anyways? Because looking at that poll, there's a lot of Travellers. I'm not that much of an MMORPG player, but I've seen some guilds max out at 80.

That seems like a really low limit, especially when you count alts. MMOs I've played all had guild member limits in the neighborhood of 500.

Julius

500?

That's... Wow. :I

Then again, I guess I haven't really played any... "Serious" MMORPG other than Lineage 2.
Purr~

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 23, 22:43:34
500?

That's... Wow. :I

Then again, I guess I haven't really played any... "Serious" MMORPG other than Lineage 2.
try LOTRO, we've got plenty of players/guilds/etc :]

Ahaut

Lol one guild I was in in LOTRO had close to 800 members.
The one I am in atm has around 200.

Julius

Is LOTRO Free and can I play it on Mac? ^-^
Purr~

Ahaut

Julius

Oh...

Tell me which server to play and where to download, and I'll be there... Later today or tomorrow! :D
Purr~

Go Up