[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

Sea Foam

I'm reading: The Once and Future King.

It's that story about King Arthur and Camelot and all that good stuff. (I think :o) I'm not far into it though. x3
I'll read a lot tomorrow, as it's quite late now.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

lurk852

Quote from: Sotha on 2012 Jun 24, 01:06:21
Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 24, 00:58:39
What else are people reading? I've re-read the Drizzt Do'Urden saga. It's probably one of the most epic books I've ever read, definitely on par with LOTR and such. Also started reading Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, but I am still trying to get into the book. It's okay, but I'm not too thrilled.

I've read the first three Drizzt books. (up to Exile, I think). I've definitely enjoyed it so far, and intend to continue, but I just have so many piled up I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

Same with the Discworld books. I've read Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic, and have many of the books downloaded from some random online archive, though I would prefer to read them physically.

I should get back to the Discworld books too. Read three awhile ago and enjoyed all of 'em.

Recently I found a book titled "classic short fiction" and started skimming it, expecting it to be boring. It turned out to be mostly full of really bizarre stuff, which is a good thing in my book (no pun intended). If any of you are remotely interested in ridiculous postmodern stuff, you should check out "Lost in the Funhouse" from that book - it's publicly available online, IIRC. Somewhat inappropriate for this forum though, so I'm not gonna post a link.

I've also been meaning to reread "A Series of Unfortunate Events" sometime...  X3
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Sea Foam

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 24, 01:14:01
I've also been meaning to reread "A Series of Unfortunate Events" sometime...  X3

I read most of them a long time ago, and I remember them being really good. Then I stopped in the middle of the last book.  >:(

I have to find them again, they've been on my list for too long now.

Book Smarts

I stopped reading them at the second to last book  :x

Sure wish I didn't

Sea Foam

I remember them being children's novels; which I find odd because they're about this guy going through extreme lengths to murder these kids and, in the process, make their life a living hell.
Maybe it's because I haven't read them in years, but from what I remember about the books, they didn't seem very child oriented. Throughout each book it goes on and on about how miserable these kids are, and whenever a shred of happiness is given to them, it's shot out the window.
I really wish I finished that last book. I need closure!  >A<

daswed

O: A third earthpony! Who can it be? I´m to lazy to read 38 pages to find all the earthponies.

lurk852

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jun 24, 01:36:46
I remember them being children's novels; which I find odd because they're about this guy going through extreme lengths to murder these kids and, in the process, make their life a living hell.
Maybe it's because I haven't read them in years, but from what I remember about the books, they didn't seem very child oriented. Throughout each book it goes on and on about how miserable these kids are, and whenever a shred of happiness is given to them, it's shot out the window.
I really wish I finished that last book. I need closure!  >A<

Well, just a warning - the ending doesn't wrap up all the mysteries, and so some people think it's kind of a frustrating ending.  :c I thought it was okay, but I would've liked some more answers too.

Just because they're full of dire, dramatic stuff and frequent murders doesn't mean they're not aimed at children - well, maybe somewhere around the 10-14 demographic. A lot of kids like that stuff! I read them when I was pretty young, and still loved them.

Come to think of it, I remember hearing a quote by the author about that - paraphrased, it was along the lines of "I write the kind of books I wanted to read as a child - books about horrible things happening to children." :/
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Book Smarts

Well, that's bright  :s (sarcasm)

Sonic Heart

Quote from: daswed on 2012 Jun 24, 01:51:40
O: A third earthpony! Who can it be? I´m to lazy to read 38 pages to find all the earthponies.

Me, at least from what i know, its me, you and Book Smarts (late welcome btw!  :D )

Book Smarts

Quote from: Sonic Heart on 2012 Jun 24, 11:19:22

Me, at least from what i know, its me, you and Book Smarts (late welcome btw!  :D )

I'm a unicorn  x3

Sonic Heart

You are right   ovO dont know why i saw you as an earth pony, i think it was the sprit avatar thingy, lol cant see the horn, and apparently i was to lazy to look down lol , welp....
then....i dont know  ovO

Book Smarts

All cool, there are actually more people with earth pony characters than unicorns, they just aren't in this herd  :x

Trixster

Iwe Been Rewatching  the entire two episodes of mlp... I noticed two things...
Rainbowdash snores Just like Applejack (not a big suprise
And in S02 Ep 20 Twilight Specifficaly say: "i thought i saw something in the horsehead nebula last night"
Well difference between now and last time i saw it... I heard about Horsehead nebula From A Friend.
Hug a bear, sometimes all they need is a little care.

Trilight Dashie

Yo, bards. Shall we try to remodel this song?
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I think it sounds quite fitting to travellers.

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Trixster

I might be a bard... But im only an entertainer.
im not any good with music   :P
Hug a bear, sometimes all they need is a little care.

Sotha

2012 Jun 25, 03:09:27 #575 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 25, 03:12:07 by Sotha
Quote from: Sonic Heart on 2012 Jun 24, 11:19:22

I'm the earth pony! A Watcher, though I keep thinking Ward.
May you walk on warm sands.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Speaking of class choices, I did NOT expect there to be more unicorns, I am very interested. Well, I'm a pegasususus and I always thought everypony would play with this class. At least that's what I saw most people say in the "Which class are you going to play" thread.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Book Smarts

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 25, 13:42:31
Speaking of class choices, I did NOT expect there to be more unicorns, I am very interested. Well, I'm a pegasususus and I always thought everypony would play with this class. At least that's what I saw most people say in the "Which class are you going to play" thread.

I'm going with loremaster for the herd and either an light armored buff/debuff or an armored healer unicorn in the game if it allows me  lol

Travius Trott

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 25, 14:18:49
Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 25, 13:42:31

I'm going with loremaster for the herd and either an light armoured buff/debuff or an armoured healer unicorn in the game if it allows me  lol

More or less the same here I have to admit. Though I'm the Trailmaster.
But I did expect this huge amount of unicorns for a blessing, and then the word blessing is suddenly not off.

Though Races and classes are two different things, I'm sure.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

ChilledEagle

Not gonna lie, I kinda feel bad for the Earth pony race. :(
I hope there are going to be more when the game is released. That way there aren't too many Pegasus/Unicorns.
Just sayin'...

Go Up