[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

Book Smarts

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 23, 00:41:09
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 23, 00:39:19
OC Name: Book Smarts
Forum Name: Book Smarts
Activity: Forums, video games, and reading
Planned race: Unicorn
Reason to join: Been watching the herd section for awhile and it feels like the herd for me  8)
hi book smarts! :D

Howdy :)

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 23, 00:51:36
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 23, 00:41:09
Reason to join: Been watching the herd section for awhile and it feels like the herd for me  8)
hi book smarts! :D

Howdy :)
decided to join a herd? :D
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

lurk852

Why halo thar!

Re: the poll - I didn't realize we were so oddly balanced. Strange!
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

daswed

If I´m not mistaken there´s only 2 earthponies in the herd.

Travius Trott

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 23, 02:38:00

Why halo thar!

Re: the poll - I didn't realize we were so oddly balanced. Strange!

Brilliant to see you join this herd!
I see you already have received a manner of welcome.

Also, that's what I expected I dare admit, as this herd is after all a blessing, but I had hoped to have more earth ponies.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Ahaut

Welcome to the herd-in-a-herd! lol

daswed

Book Smarts

Thanks for the big welcome everypony :')

Sotha

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 23, 09:47:50

Welcome! You're welcome! So, reading, eh? What have you been reading lately?

I've just been reading J.D. Salinger's Nine Stories, and T.S. Eliot's book of poems about cats (Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats), though I intend to continue a book on Molecular Symmetry and Group Theory and start The Three Musketeer's by Alexander Dumas.
May you walk on warm sands.

Sea Foam

Welcome to the herd Book Smarts! :D

Since we're apparently on the topic of books now, I was at an antique store a few days ago and saw a large box filled with a collection of Mark Twain novels for $95 and I'm seriously considering buying it. (Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is one of my favorite books)
I checked the date they were printed, and I think they were from the 1940's if I remember correctly, which is old enough to get me excited! I love it when books are old, and if I ever find a first edition of a book I feel the need to buy it, regardless if I know the book or not.  x3

But I did manage to find a 1944 printing of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass for $5 that day! I was a happy pony.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Book Smarts

Quote from: Sotha on 2012 Jun 23, 14:21:30
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 23, 09:47:50

Welcome! You're welcome! So, reading, eh? What have you been reading lately?

I've just been reading J.D. Salinger's Nine Stories, and T.S. Eliot's book of poems about cats (Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats), though I intend to continue a book on Molecular Symmetry and Group Theory and start The Three Musketeer's by Alexander Dumas.

Well... It's a book about saving for the future by using the Stock Market and getting the most of tax free money accounts which will lead to  you having a rich retirement,

I'm hoping to finish this by July and go into reading the I ching

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jun 23, 15:51:43

Since we're apparently on the topic of books now, I was at an antique store a few days ago and saw a large box filled with a collection of Mark Twain novels for $95 and I'm seriously considering buying it. (Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is one of my favorite books)
I checked the date they were printed, and I think they were from the 1940's if I remember correctly, which is old enough to get me excited! I love it when books are old, and if I ever find a first edition of a book I feel the need to buy it, regardless if I know the book or not.  x3

But I did manage to find a 1944 printing of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass for $5 that day! I was a happy pony.

I never read The Adventure's of Tom Sawyer and his other books, but I did read the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn which was deep and at the same time enjoyable.

Sea Foam

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 23, 16:49:45
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jun 23, 15:51:43

I never read The Adventure's of Tom Sawyer and his other books, but I did read the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn which was deep and at the same time enjoyable.

I've yet to read Tom Sawyer as well, though I have a copy I found at a flea market; I just keep forgetting about it. x3

I do remember finding an abandoned box of old books at the flea market that day. The oldest one I believe was from 1911, bad condition though.
     One of the books in there was a first edition copy of Lord Hornblower, which I've seen go for a decent amount.

This guy is selling the exact copy I found for $350.
http://www.biblio.com/books/299909587.html

This is why I love flea markets.  :3

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

The Wandering Magus

i'm rereading 20k leagues under the sea at the moment.  interesting victorian language.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 23, 17:42:21
i'm rereading 20k leagues under the sea at the moment.  interesting victorian language.

Read this whole thing out loud in French when I had to move to Russia. Every word of it.

My parents thought it would be a good way to prevent me from forgetting French since I wasn't living in a french-speaking environment. They were 140% right. Although I had many a sore throats during that reading.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 23, 17:57:13

Read this whole thing out loud in French when I had to move to Russia. Every word of it.

My parents thought it would be a good way to prevent me from forgetting French since I wasn't living in a french-speaking environment. They were 140% right. Although I had many a sore throats during that reading.
dang, must've been tough x3

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 23, 18:53:34
Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 23, 17:57:13

dang, must've been tough x3

I got into it after 150 pages. Before that I whined "Ugh, why do I have to do this?!"

Book Smarts

The Wandering Magus

it DOES get interesting after a while :]

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

What else are people reading? I've re-read the Drizzt Do'Urden saga. It's probably one of the most epic books I've ever read, definitely on par with LOTR and such. Also started reading Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, but I am still trying to get into the book. It's okay, but I'm not too thrilled.

Sotha

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 24, 00:58:39
What else are people reading? I've re-read the Drizzt Do'Urden saga. It's probably one of the most epic books I've ever read, definitely on par with LOTR and such. Also started reading Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, but I am still trying to get into the book. It's okay, but I'm not too thrilled.

I've read the first three Drizzt books. (up to Exile, I think). I've definitely enjoyed it so far, and intend to continue, but I just have so many piled up I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

Same with the Discworld books. I've read Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic, and have many of the books downloaded from some random online archive, though I would prefer to read them physically.
May you walk on warm sands.

Go Up