[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

Travius Trott

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 12, 19:20:36
An inn sounds like a good idea - a safe waypoint for travelers seems like a good place for this.

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jun 12, 19:36:24
It's a good thing to think about now, but at this point it's hard to determine a location, seeing as we know so little about the game.
   We know of Ponyville, Everfree forest, Canterlot, and Cloudsdale so far, unless I missed someplace, and I think we can cross out Cloudsdale for obvious reasons.

It's a good thing to have in mind now, but presently it won't do much good as we really don't know much about the locations.

Well, I do concur with Lurk on this, an inn, taven, or something like that would prove a fine place to stay.
And well, I do not know the exact locations and such. But I'm fairly confident that there will be places like them.

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 12, 23:03:25
Was wondering if tracker and guide should be merged.  Wouldn't be too good a tracker if the tracker got lost x3

That was another thing I was about to propose, I will throw up a poll for it this day.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

daswed

I don´t know all the towns that are in the game yet, but Cloudsdale is not a option, because you´ll need to create wings for all the unicorns and earthponies or carry them up there. Canterlot could be a option, but it seems pretty far away, since they need to go b train there in the show. And the Everfree forest is way to dangerous to be an HQ. I think Ponyville seems the best because it looks like it´s in the middle of everything.
But if they create a map with all the towns in it, we can choose which town we think is the best location for the HQ, it may not even be a town, it can just be a inn by a road somewhere in Equestria.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: daswed on 2012 Jun 13, 03:54:26
I don´t know all the towns that are in the game yet, but Cloudsdale is not a option, because you´ll need to create wings for all the unicorns and earthponies or carry them up there. Canterlot could be a option, but it seems pretty far away, since they need to go b train there in the show. And the Everfree forest is way to dangerous to be an HQ. I think Ponyville seems the best because it looks like it´s in the middle of everything.
But if they create a map with all the towns in it, we can choose which town we think is the best location for the HQ, it may not even be a town, it can just be a inn by a road somewhere in Equestria.
As long as Watchers are on the outer ring the Everfree can still be used I think.  Plus there's probably at least one rest location, Zecora's hut for instance (which is going to be in the game).
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Cloudy

I missed a lot of Herd stuff...

Thanks to Sugarcup for the amazing Avatar!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Cloudy on 2012 Jun 13, 12:49:11
I missed a lot of Herd stuff...
plenty of time to catch up! ^-^
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Cloudy

Thanks to Sugarcup for the amazing Avatar!

Trilight Dashie

Still open, yuh?  o.O
In that case:

OC Name: White Blossom
Forum Name: Trilight Dashie
Activity: Beyond godlike ((Time activity there, I guess, righ'?))
Planned race: Unicorn
Reason to join: To be honest, I never thought of joining any herd, but this one seems to fit my lazy Blossom.

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Travius Trott

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 13, 16:42:48
Still open, yuh?  o.O
In that case:

OC Name: White Blossom
Forum Name: Trilight Dashie
Activity: Beyond godlike ((Time activity there, I guess, righ'?))
Planned race: Unicorn
Reason to join: To be honest, I never thought of joining any herd, but this one seems to fit my lazy Blossom.

Oh, we're always accepting new members, it's not like a band of travellers can get too large, at least I think it not quite possible.

And well, accepted, I'll write ya up then.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Trilight Dashie

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Sotha

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 13, 17:24:49
Yahoo  :D :3

Wahaa! (see Mario 64)

Glad to have you here.

Anyway, Travius, did the banners with the horseshoe rotated 180 degrees not look very good?

As for the HQ, lore-wise, having the HQ in Ponyville doesn't make much sense. Canterlot would, but depending on how the game maps are put together, Canterlot might end up being way out of the way for being the capital city of the Equestrian principality (kingdom?). Then again, with the racial trifecta and starting locations, it would make sense for the game to be in a loop (perhaps vertically) between the three starting locations. Eh... hopefully there will be an inn or some such establishment in middle-ish area or city.
May you walk on warm sands.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Sotha on 2012 Jun 13, 21:11:52

Wahaa! (see Mario 64)

Glad to have you here.

Anyway, Travius, did the banners with the horseshoe rotated 180 degrees not look very good?

As for the HQ, lore-wise, having the HQ in Ponyville doesn't make much sense. Canterlot would, but depending on how the game maps are put together, Canterlot might end up being way out of the way for being the capital city of the Equestrian principality (kingdom?). Then again, with the racial trifecta and starting locations, it would make sense for the game to be in a loop (perhaps vertically) between the three starting locations. Eh... hopefully there will be an inn or some such establishment in middle-ish area or city.
what did you think of an everfree-based hq?  Sort of nice place for wanderers, and a good safe location guarded by the Watch for lost ponies to retreat to.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 13, 21:53:17

Wahaa! (see Mario 64)

Glad to have you here.

what did you think of an everfree-based hq?  Sort of nice place for wanderers, and a good safe location guarded by the Watch for lost ponies to retreat to.

Not a bad idea BUT! We don't know if there will be any "safe" places in the Everfree. I'm thinking not. Maybe Zecora's hut, but that's about it.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 13, 22:27:23
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 13, 21:53:17

Wahaa! (see Mario 64)

Glad to have you here.

Not a bad idea BUT! We don't know if there will be any "safe" places in the Everfree. I'm thinking not. Maybe Zecora's hut, but that's about it.
WE make it safe :] the Watch acts like a shield to keep mobs out, Guides bring lost travellers in. :D. Just like irl blessings, with guards on the outside and a haven within!

lurk852

Picture a guild meeting: a few ponies sitting in a clearing trying to talk, while all around them other panicked ponies fight desperately to keep a swarm of hydras out of the conversation. I doubt it'd work out too well.  :P
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 14, 00:00:10
Picture a guild meeting: a few ponies sitting in a clearing trying to talk, while all around them other panicked ponies fight desperately to keep a swarm of hydras out of the conversation. I doubt it'd work out too well.  :P
depends on the location :]. Obviously not in a boss dungeon.  But i imagine there would be places with relatively low-level mobs that shouldn't be too hard to clear out and keep out for the Watchers.  The one-hit free xp mobs, i mean.

Mobs like hydras i would expect to have limited range.

In LOTRO (yes, i keep coming back to that, but seriously it was the game where i had the most experience with groups) we would sometimes just meet in this one glade filled usually with lvl-7 wolves, and the lvl-75 guardians just wipe the place clean for the lower lvl members to come in, and then we have our chats like that.

Sotha

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 13, 21:53:17what did you think of an everfree-based hq?  Sort of nice place for wanderers, and a good safe location guarded by the Watch for lost ponies to retreat to.

I think that while it would definitely be good to have an established presence in the Everfree, it would be a little nonsensical as our HQ. But that depends on how the game world is laid out.

Were this pretty much anything but a video game, most travelers would seek to avoid the Everfree Forest, so as not to risk any of its extra dangers. And likewise, Traveler's Blessing as a whole would likely be centered in Canterlot (thinking back to its story), or at least in a hub of travel. Hypothetically speaking, we could just be the "Southwestern branch" or something along those lines depending on where we are based (e.g. Ponyville, that backwater town). We can always retcon the story to fit what works best logistically.

daswed

Since, we´re travelers, we could have many small HQs.

Sotha

2012 Jun 14, 03:40:23 #297 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 14, 03:43:01 by Sotha
Quote from: daswed on 2012 Jun 14, 03:20:37

Fellow Watcher!

Hmm... Your point makes sense, though at that point they wouldn't be called HQ's. Because, you know, there can be only one headquarters.
Many smaller meeting places -- or perhaps gathering places -- in interspersed locations including the Everfree, and one central HQ (for, uh... larger meetings) in... a central location. Perhaps Canterlot. But I've been over this.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Sotha on 2012 Jun 14, 03:40:23

Fellow Watcher!

Hmm... Your point makes sense, though at that point they wouldn't be called HQ's. Because, you know, there can be only one headquarters.
Many smaller meeting places -- or perhaps gathering places -- in interspersed locations including the Everfree, and one central HQ (for, uh... larger meetings) in... a central location. Perhaps Canterlot. But I've been over this.
depending on how big the herd gets and how many players are online, multiple gathering locations might work... But i don't see too many members actually online consistently.

Trilight Dashie

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 14, 12:36:41
Quote from: Sotha on 2012 Jun 14, 03:40:23

Fellow Watcher!

depending on how big the herd gets and how many players are online, multiple gathering locations might work... [glow=red,2,300]But i don't see too many members actually online consistently.[/glow]

True, even I see it. By the way, about those titles. Is someone giving those or we choose actually what fits us?

Go Up