[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

Nameless

These all look great! You did an amazing job, Travius. I would've contributed to the discussion of the titles and banner, but, uh, I was busy playing Guild Wars 2.

Anyway, are we allowed to choose any title that we'd like at the moment?

Avatar courtesy of LoE  |  Banner courtesy of Travius Trott

Travius Trott

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 11, 13:40:26
Very cool icon. I'd go for font C.

...Now, sorry about this (and not catching it earlier), but as the resident grammar police, I must request that you add an apostrophe to "Travellers" when you start making the final banner.  :P

edit: Oh crap, I was looking at a previous page and didn't realize you started already. Dang :c

edit edit: but they do look awesome

Apostrophe to what letter?
I can rather easily change these, they are rather simple, once I had finished the the basic stuff of it.

Quote from: Nameless on 2012 Jun 11, 13:50:17
These all look great! You did an amazing job, Travius. I would've contributed to the discussion of the titles and banner, but, uh, I was busy playing Guild Wars 2.

Anyway, are we allowed to choose any title that we'd like at the moment?

And yes, one may use whatever of the banners that they see fit, sometime I might ask people to be added to a category, but that will be for laters.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

lurk852

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Jun 11, 14:14:28

...Now, sorry about this (and not catching it earlier), but as the resident grammar police, I must request that you add an apostrophe to "Travellers" when you start making the final banner.  :P

edit: Oh crap, I was looking at a previous page and didn't realize you started already. Dang :c

I can rather easily change these, they are rather simple, once I had finished the the basic stuff of it.

Awesome. I believe it should be "Traveller's Blessing." Looking forward to the new Loremaster banner.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Travius Trott

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 11, 14:17:31
Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Jun 11, 14:14:28

Awesome. I believe it should be "Traveller's Blessing." Looking forward to the new Loremaster banner.

Ahh, like that.
And, is Lorekeeper not much the same as Loremaster, just without sounding too important?

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

lurk852

Oh yeah - didn't look closely enough at the original banners. Lorekeeper is a better choice, yeah.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

The Wandering Magus

Awesome job with the banners! :D
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Travius Trott

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 11, 15:32:06

Thanks, I'm delighted to see that they are liked so far.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Jun 11, 15:47:37
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 11, 15:32:06

Thanks, I'm delighted to see that they are liked so far.
maybe it would be useful to put the description of the roles there as well? To make the choice easier for those who can't tell x3
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Ozzy

I love your banner and titles, excellent job!

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Wonderful titles, I updated my sig already. Looking forward to becoming a guide once the game is released. Good work, Travius.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

daswed

I love the banners, good job on creating them.

Travius Trott

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jun 11, 16:42:03

Thanks for that compliment, my comrade.

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 12, 00:03:08
Wonderful titles, I updated my sig already. Looking forward to becoming a guide once the game is released. Good work, Travius.

Brilliant, also, as of yet I have no real formal ranks, so one can use the rank they like.

Quote from: daswed on 2012 Jun 12, 07:49:45

Thanks.

Now the question remains, I feel that we lack a few titles that I usually associate with travellers, Traders and Tinkers.
The former is kinda obvious.
The latter, could also be called artisans, and are those that craft stuff, and such.
Also thinking that scout and guide could be mashed together, to better fit the origens of this herd as a blessing.
And the final proposal that recruits are renamed to Associates.

daswed

If it´s in the game, i´m gonna be a blacksmith, and would love to have a title as one, but I guess we´ll have to wait and see if
there´s a crafting system in the game.

Travius Trott

Quote from: daswed on 2012 Jun 12, 11:00:16
If it´s in the game, i´m gonna be a blacksmith, and would love to have a title as one, but I guess we´ll have to wait and see if
there´s a crafting system in the game.

Well, personally I am most sure that crafts and the like is to be added to this project, as I'm fairly certain that combat and chatting will not be the only features the game will precent.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Jun 12, 10:56:22
Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jun 11, 16:42:03

Thanks for that compliment, my comrade.

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 12, 00:03:08

Brilliant, also, as of yet I have no real formal ranks, so one can use the rank they like.

Quote from: daswed on 2012 Jun 12, 07:49:45

Thanks.

Now the question remains, I feel that we lack a few titles that I usually associate with travellers, Traders and Tinkers.
The former is kinda obvious.
The latter, could also be called artisans, and are those that craft stuff, and such.
Also thinking that scout and guide could be mashed together, to better fit the origens of this herd as a blessing.
And the final proposal that recruits are renamed to Associates.
if scouts and guides are combined, maybe keep it as guide? To let ponies know who to ask for directions.

Trader sounds like a good name, although now it becomes less a Blessing and more just a common band of travellers.  Same with tinkers/artisans, since they probably need crafting facilities, which are difficult to move, if not impossible.  This would sort of invalidate their "traveller" status.

Associates is a good name.

PrincessParfait

Sweet Banner! Good job guys~

Travius Trott

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 12, 11:19:32
-other stuff snip-
Scouts and guides are combined, maybe keep it as guide? To let ponies know who to ask for directions.

Trader sounds like a good name, although now it becomes less a Blessing and more just a common band of travellers.  Same with tinkers/artisans, since they probably need crafting facilities, which are difficult to move, if not impossible.  This would sort of invalidate their "traveller" status.

I had in mind keeping it as guide.

Also, Tinkers are defined by that they are travelling craftsmen, or ponies in this case, hence why I chose that word.
Stuff like tin-smiths, silversmiths, and also tailors uses little to no facilities for their work.
The only reason I brought up Artisans was that it's a more known therm for craft-colts.
And, the first ideas for this herd was also to keep it as a place to help travellers, thus Traders and Tinkers are quite welcome here, from my perspective that is.

Malkies

Great job on the banners!
Will update my signature with one if I ever figure out which role fits me best x3

ShadowHeart

wouldn't it be cool to have an enemy herd? We have no reason to hate any herds at the moment but i think it would make rp more juicy!

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Jun 12, 11:43:24
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 12, 11:19:32
-other stuff snip-
Scouts and guides are combined, maybe keep it as guide? To let ponies know who to ask for directions.

I had in mind keeping it as guide.

Also, Tinkers are defined by that they are travelling craftsmen, or ponies in this case, hence why I chose that word.
Stuff like tin-smiths, silversmiths, and also tailors uses little to no facilities for their work.
The only reason I brought up Artisans was that it's a more known therm for craft-colts.
And, the first ideas for this herd was also to keep it as a place to help travellers, thus Traders and Tinkers are quite welcome here, from my perspective that is.
Ah, i see.  Well, i suppose having a sort of association free for various travellers seeking protection would be useful.  If that is how the herd is, then tinkers and traders would be quite welcome, yes.  I had been more expecting a sort of "rangers of the wilds" theme from LOTR x3

Go Up