[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

Travius Trott

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 13, 16:49:39
Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 May 13, 03:18:56
Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 11, 23:53:04
An alliance sounds like a capital idea to me.  ^-^

Brilliant, shall it be settled with a hoof shake?

Consider it done, my newest ally  ^-^

Grand!

I'm proud to announce that the Travellers Blessing is now officially allied with The Haylanders!

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Sea Foam

I for one am delighted to hear about this new found alliance! :D
Let us celebrate with this bowl of popcorn!

It's the only bowl I have, so make sure everypony/zebra gets some.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Itty Bit

I like my popcorn with cheese flavoring on it. Taste sooo good  :]

Twilight Blossom

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 May 13, 17:31:06

Wooh! Popcorn! :D

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 May 13, 17:31:06

Don't mind if I do! *nomnomnom*
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Sotha

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2012 May 13, 21:05:33
I like my popcorn with cheese flavoring on it. Taste sooo good  :]

I've always been more a fan of caramel corn myself. Or kettle corn. Mmmmm~

Don't mind if I do!
May you walk on warm sands.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Hey, what's up with everypony here? Don't die, please :( This looks like a promising herd, it would be an utmost shame to see it go.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Sea Foam

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 May 28, 19:00:27
Hey, what's up with everypony here? Don't die, please :( This looks like a promising herd, it would be an utmost shame to see it go.

It's only reached a moment of inactivity. Though I must admit, I've checked this thread quite a few times to see if anything new happened, and was disappointed to see that nothing did. Herds don't serve much purpose now, and I'm sure that when the game is released the activity will come forth once again. But we should, at the very least, keep this thread alive to attract new members.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Travius Trott

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 May 28, 19:10:01
Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 May 28, 19:00:27

It's only reached a moment of inactivity. Though I must admit, I've checked this thread quite a few times to see if anything new happened, and was disappointed to see that nothing did. Herds don't serve much purpose now, and I'm sure that when the game is released the activity will come forth once again. But we should, at the very least, keep this thread alive to attract new members.

Indeed, I'm sorry that I've not been active here for awhile, I am just in the middle of exam times, and all that.

And well, I've held this in a while, I will not let it fall apart just yet, at least not without a formal message stating that.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

Twilight Blossom

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 May 28, 19:10:01
It's only reached a moment of inactivity. Though I must admit, I've checked this thread quite a few times to see if anything new happened, and was disappointed to see that nothing did.

I always looked here every day. I was sad that nopony ever said anything new here though. I always wanted to say something, but I wasn't sure what. Anyways, now I'm glad the thread finally started up again! :D (Atleast I think it has. :/ )

Sotha

Quote from: Twilight Blossom on 2012 May 28, 22:17:33
I always looked here every day. I was sad that nopony ever said anything new here though. I always wanted to say something, but I wasn't sure what. Anyways, now I'm glad the thread finally started up again! :D (Atleast I think it has. :/ )

I'd like to think it has started up again. While I don't check here every day, I'm sad to see it isn't in the list of New Replies to My Posts.

So how's about we get a discussion or some-such going in here? It may be fruitless to talk about LOE-related things without any new information regarding the game, but how about other MMO's? With all the anti-hype around every tidbit of information released about The Elder Scrolls Online, some of my curiosity has been sparked about our little community (intended).

I'd be interested in gaining a better sense of how some of my herdmates like to play. Do y'all have a lot of experience with MMO's? Which have you played? Why do you play? What do you think of full-fledged RP servers and that kind of playstyle? How do you like to play? (Let's sew some threads of conversation and community.)

Personally, I've played City of Heroes (but fell from that because I was just soloing, and when I wasn't having fun, I knew I had to stop) and Phantasy Star Universe (on the XBOX, which was little more than a glorified chat room. For all it was lacking, I had fun with my little group of friends (she did it again!), and regret nothing. The voice chat definitely helped.) I tried to start Star Wars Galaxies and Final Fantasy XI, but couldn't get into either (for much the same reason of no sense of community).
I'm... tenuously watching TESO (if only because I'm a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls. I mean, just look at my avatar and tell me you remember Morrowind.)

I suppose that means I play (or am at least interested in MMO's) for community. As long as I'm doing things with others (working together), I can have fun. I've never really RP'd (even tabletop, heh...), but am quite open to the idea (if I have friends with whom to engage in such silliness). It seems to be a pretty popular interest in this community, anyway. I've always had the most fun in dungeons and whatnot, questing with friends, actively doing things, and am hoping for plenty of that in LOE (or at least more directed activity than farminggrinding or sitting and chatting).
May you walk on warm sands.

lurk852

Quote from: Sotha on 2012 May 28, 23:08:16
Quote from: Twilight Blossom on 2012 May 28, 22:17:33

I'd like to think it has started up again. While I don't check here every day, I'm sad to see it isn't in the list of New Replies to My Posts.

So how's about we get a discussion or some-such going in here? It may be fruitless to talk about LOE-related things without any new information regarding the game, but how about other MMO's? With all the anti-hype around every tidbit of information released about The Elder Scrolls Online, some of my curiosity has been sparked about our little community (intended).

I'd be interested in gaining a better sense of how some of my herdmates like to play. Do y'all have a lot of experience with MMO's? Which have you played? Why do you play? What do you think of full-fledged RP servers and that kind of playstyle? How do you like to play? (Let's sew some threads of conversation and community.)

Personally, I've played City of Heroes (but fell from that because I was just soloing, and when I wasn't having fun, I knew I had to stop) and Phantasy Star Universe (on the XBOX, which was little more than a glorified chat room. For all it was lacking, I had fun with my little group of friends (she did it again!), and regret nothing. The voice chat definitely helped.) I tried to start Star Wars Galaxies and Final Fantasy XI, but couldn't get into either (for much the same reason of no sense of community).
I'm... tenuously watching TESO (if only because I'm a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls. I mean, just look at my avatar and tell me you remember Morrowind.)

I suppose that means I play (or am at least interested in MMO's) for community. As long as I'm doing things with others (working together), I can have fun. I've never really RP'd (even tabletop, heh...), but am quite open to the idea (if I have friends with whom to engage in such silliness). It seems to be a pretty popular interest in this community, anyway. I've always had the most fun in dungeons and whatnot, questing with friends, actively doing things, and am hoping for plenty of that in LOE (or at least more directed activity than farminggrinding or sitting and chatting).

I've been avoiding TES Online news, because I figure it's going to be 95% complaining, which may or may not be eventually justified...  >:/ I'm a TES fan too, though I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim. I can only hope that the TES MMO is at least half as hilariously buggy as its predecessors.

MMO-wise, I played WoW for about five years. My main reasons for playing were a) trying to find unusual, amusing things to do (e.g. convincing newbies that I was a NPC) and b) being in a community of cool people. I eventually quit when most of them left and the game lost its "mystique". So yeah, community's one of my main MMO interests too. Weird though it might sound, I kind of enjoy having a large ongoing game to play over a long period of time, as opposed to single-player games which I usually finish in a week or two.

I too have never really RP'd (barring that one time I went to a RP server in WoW and ran around with a character called "Feeéeeéeetus" and tried to convert people to the "holy womb") - can't say I have a whole lot of interest in it, but there is a nonzero chance that I will eventually be dragged into it here. It's ponies, after all.

"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

daswed

I´ve played so many mmos, I played WoW for about 7 years, since the beta, and of course vanilla WoW was the best. I played Guild Wars, and i´m going to buy GW2, I played city of heroes and villians. Warhammer age of reckoning, which i think were better than WoW, but none of my friends played it, so i went back to WoW.

I were in guilds in all of these games, but I hope that herds in LOE are nothing like that, saying ding everytime you level up and things like that, and saying grats on achievments.

About TESO, I wonder how they´re gonna pull it off, since all the other Elder scrolls games were singleplayer, I think they´re going to have a hard time making it into a online game, and all the fans of the other Elder scrolls games are probably going to flame it, I´ve played Morrowind, oblivion and skyrim, and those are the best rpgs i´ve played, personally I don´t want any people bothering me while I play, I play games in my own way, but i´m not going to judge it until I play it myself.

Travius Trott

Oh, on the topic of MMOs, I've tried quite the few, most noteworthy for me I would say is WoW and Mabinogi.
The former is mostly because it was a way for my family to have some fun together, yes my parents play it, both in very high levels, I left it mostly because it seemed to me that everything in the gave was centred around your level. One could not become a mater blacksmith without being in level 85 too, annoyed me to no end that it was all about how epic you were, and always there would be some that are way stronger than you.
Heck, it even infected the guild system, and most, if not all, guilds are now another way to grind to get the highest level, and one have to be lvl 85 to get be able to level the guild up prober.
Pardon that rant about levels, I'm just not fond of it being central to everything in a game.

As for Mabinogi, I really like it's skill system, and combat system, though I admit combat is fairly hard, especially with high latency. But also you can still play it without hurting anything ingame, which is a thing I really hope that LoE will have too, I mean really, a pony killing something in blood-lust, something I hope not all will do.
Back to Mab, the reason I rarely play it any-more is because it's clearly too hard to manage by those that have the rights to it, as there are a huge list of errors that only the management and support staff could fix, even the EU servers were closed down because they had somehow failed to update them prober when they upgraded the generation. So, no new cards to new players, until they closed it down.

As for TESO, I will try it when it's complete, and I do hope it will be grand.
But as Daswed said, they have as of yet only made singleplayer games, so I'm mighty curious to see if they manage to do it right, or completely wrong.

Also, LoE will be the first where I will try to be social, all other games I've only played with friends.
This herd was also something to kick it up with,  me being social.

daswed

When did you become pink, Travius?...

Travius Trott

Quote from: daswed on 2012 May 29, 10:05:11
When did you become pink, Travius?...

Umm, a curious tale.
I was minding my own business, and eating some flowers on my most recent travels, when some rapid bees appeared out of nowhere and chased me into a well, and that's how I became pink.
Happened just the day before.

daswed

A well with pink dye in it... How strange.

Ozzy

Travius Trott

Indeed, quite strange. :I

It is? A god look for this pony? Thanks, I say.

But well, anypony have other tales or stuff to talk 'bout?

ChilledEagle

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 May 29, 13:38:44
But well, anypony have other tales or stuff to talk 'bout?

I got nothing.
I'm not a very interesting person, ha.

Go Up