Wanders Tavern [Open-RP]

Started by DrifterCrow, 2017 Sep 14, 16:21:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Onyx Quill

*Onyx digs around in his satchel for a few seconds before finding his money pouch. He counts out seven bits and places them on the counter. After a moment, he puts down two more*

"Keep the change, Keeper! See you later I'm sure."

*He starts toward the door*
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper places down the dishes and reaches for the bits. He places them into an old coin pouch, then places the bag underneath the counter. He walks over to the pile of menus and picks up one. He walks over to Lynx Talon. He places the menu down in front of him and says, "Have a look through that, then tell me what you want to drink and eat."

The menu seems to consists of items that Talon may have a preference towards along with a couple of food and drink items found around the world.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

Dark Hooves

"I'll have butter beer and fried pickle chips."
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper takes the menu and walks behind the counter and through the door. Moments later, he walks out with a glass of butter bear and a bowl of fried pickle chips. He walks over to Talon and places down the dish and drink on the table in front of him. The keeper simply says, "Enjoy."

He walks back to the back of the counter and resumes cleaning the dishes with his wet rag.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

Onyx Quill

*Onyx leaves the tavern and finds himself in Pony Joe's. Sighing with defeat, he decides a second eclair won't kill him. He wonders if he'll ever find that place again*
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

Nightshade Star

2017 Sep 20, 21:00:12 #65 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 20, 21:02:58 by Nightshade Star
(Im joining this- u know who's Nightlight is.)

I was on my way back from the library until I noticed a door in the middle of nowhere- there wasn't a room connected to it or anything. I didn't want to go in at first, but it was cold and my curiousity took over, so I opened the door and walked in.
The moment I saw the interior my heart went boom. ((Hamilton pun))
It was creepy and awesome at the same time- kinda like the Midnight Bar back at the human world. Fragances of eclairs and coffee and butter beer and other food from around the world were filling the room. And the pudgy blue wolf from camp was there too.
"Nice." I whispered as I kinda waited for the stallion to tell me to sit down or something.

DrifterCrow

The tavern looks up towards the open door at the newcomer. He smiles and says, "Welcome to the Wanders Tavern. Please have a seat, I'll be right with you in a moment."

Nightshade Star

"Thank you." I said as I sat down on a comfortable chair.

Dark Hooves

Quote from: DrifterCrow on 2017 Sep 20, 20:54:30The tavern keeper takes the menu and walks behind the counter and through the door. Moments later, he walks out with a glass of butter bear and a bowl of fried pickle chips. He walks over to Talon and places down the dish and drink on the table in front of him. The keeper simply says, "Enjoy."

He walks back to the back of the counter and resumes cleaning the dishes with his wet rag.

"Thank you sir, they look really good." He starts eating and sipping his drink.
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper walks over to the pile of menus and picks up one. He walks over to where Nightlight is sitting at and places the menu in front of him. "Here is the menu. Have a look through that and tell me what you want to eat and drink."

The menu consists of items that Nightlight would prefer along with a couple food and drink items from around the world.

Nightshade Star

I take a look at the menu. It literally contains all of my favorite foods, including some I've only seen in Japan or the USA.
"I'll have crème brûlée with a cup of coffee," I told the tavern keeper.

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper picks up the menu and says, "I'll be back in a moment."

He walks behind the counter, then through the door. Moments later, he comes back out with the crème brûlée and a cup of coffee. He brings it over to Nightlight and places them down on the table. He says, "Enjoy."

He walks back behind the counter and resumes cleaning the remainder of the dishes.

Dark Hooves

Lynx Talon finishes his meal and drink. "How much sir?"

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper simply answers, "Seven bits."

Dark Hooves

He pays up and heads out the tavern.

Nightshade Star

"Thank you." I said as I glance down at the créme brûlée. Looks just like my mothers homemade créme brûlée, torched perfectly.
I took a bite. Yep, just like at home.
"This is great." I told the tavern keeper, then I sip the coffee.

DrifterCrow

2017 Sep 25, 13:34:47 #76 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 25, 15:00:11 by DrifterCrow
High above the clouds stands a small floating island with crystals protruding from the bottom of the island. A black pegasus wearing a black cloak standing alongside a white stallion with a red mane and tail and eyes of blue and red, wearing a white cloak, standing in front of a mysterious door. The white stallion grins and says, "This is it, the Wanders Tavern. Told you the door would be here."

"To be perfectly honest, old friend," said the black pegasus. "You don't tell much of truths. But I am amazed you know the locations of the doors, considering that the tavern was gone for who knows how long."

The white stallion simply chuckles and says, "When you lived as long as I have, Drifter, you get to see more than you know. Now open the door, I'm getting hungry."

The pegasus known as 'Drifter' nods and walks towards the door. He pushes the door open and walks in with the white stallion following behind.

The tavern keeper looks up at the newcomers and smiles. He says, "Welcome to the Wanders Tavern."

He sees the white stallion, then his expression turns a more cautious look. "Welcome back, friend. Didn't think you'd still be kicking after all these years. What brings you back?" asked the tavern keeper.

'Drifter' finds a spot at the bar counter, sitting down on the stool, the stallion doing the same. The white stallion replies, "Why, I'm just here for a simple meal and a drink. Maybe a nice talk or two. I mean, it is a tavern after all. A central point of gossip, rumors, and talk. For now, this place seems dead so I'll just have to go with food and drink first. The tavern should know my usual."

'Drifter' says, "I'll just have tankard of ale."

"Coming right up," says the keeper as he walks through the door behind him.

The white stallion takes a glance behind him, viewing the patrons. "A wolf and two other ponies. Yeesh, this place is more dead than a graveyard. At least the dead know how to party."

'Drifter' replies, "That's because you dug them up and danced with them as if it was some sort of formal ball."

Nightshade Star

2017 Sep 25, 14:57:57 #77 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 25, 15:01:21 by Nightshade Star
I snicker at the conversation between the newcomers. "Geez, do you think I'm a ghost?" I said. "I might have a ghost friend, but I'm not dead."

Nightshade Star

I look at the place where the tavern keeper went, wondering what's inside.

DrifterCrow

'Drifter' looks behind him towards Nightlight and replies, "No, he simply means that you lot are dead quiet and that there are too few of patrons for his liking."

"This place used to be when talk and drink was all there ever was back when this place was more popular," said the white stallion. "But now it feels more like some restaurant. By the Fractures, it is shameful."

Go Up