Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Mar 19, 21:11:02

previous topic - next topic

Rate My OC

Go Down

hyper drive [HD]

mad math

1 madness+1 otger type madness= to: destruction of frosting covered mail boxes

Tiger

Dark Savior, please don't double post...

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Lord of Madness

I Have added a personality description : Delightfully Twisted

Bravo 658

Delightfully Twisted!
Hahaha, that's so random...
Heh...
And that's a really frightening theme song.
Kind of fits ya, though.

Ninkon

I can't recall all the changes that Madness has undergone.

_____Cedar Woods____________Chilly Breeze_____________Bronze Kettle_____
http://forum.legendsofequestr

The Wandering Magus

it's completely different from the last time I helped him... o.O
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Lord of Madness

I Decided on a COMPLETELY different Madness. I would rather him be a version that fits with the MLP universe.

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Lord of Madness

Even thou it has no grammar edits or proper structure I have opened the voting again.  ^-^

The Wandering Magus

i'm working on the history x3  and on several other things at the same time.  I'll try getting it back to you soon.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 26, 17:07:39
i'm working on the history x3  and on several other things at the same time.  I'll try getting it back to you soon.

I cant wait lol ^3^

Princess_Luna

Rub some bacon on it.

Lord of Madness

The Wandering Magus

sorry x3

Born into a wealthy family, it was apparent from birth that something was different about him.  Despite his incredible intelligence, there always seemed to be something holding him back.  Perhaps a factor which contributed to this were his extremely sensitive eyes, which forced him to wear a blindfold for the most of his childhood and isolated him from the world of light.

As was tradition in the house he was born into, he was not given a name until he passed the one-year mark.  Until that time, he was simply called "Little Lord".  Alone and unable to live normally, he took to spending most of his time wandering the mansion and talking to his "Friends in the Darkness".  After a few months of this, the maids and servants began realizing how serious his condition was, and feared him.  Some even called him Zinrax, an ancient word which in their tongue meant Insanity and Madness.  Though certainly the little lord was intelligent enough to know the insulting intent of the name, he found great pleasure in the sound, and decided to add it to his title.

His parents, of course, despised this new development, but as he would answer to nothing else besides Lord of Madness or Lord Zinrax, they never gave him a proper name.  To compensate, they taught him, by force if necessary, to act as a pony of his status was expected to, though his condition was debilitating and he was much slower than most of his peers in learning his place.  No matter how much they pressed, he would ramble about how his "Friends" very much disliked it, and wished him to learn all there was to know of magic.

Upon hearing this, his parents became afraid, for they feared what somepony such as he might do with such knowledge.  They forbade him from learning magic, but it seemed this only drove him to learn more.  It began to seem that his "Friends" were much more than simple imaginings of a foal, for though his condition usually kept him from learning easily, the young lord attained his understanding of magic with marvelous rapidity.

As he grew in knowledge and power as well as his eponymous Madness, his parents became increasingly afraid, especially of his leaving the house.  They were proud of where they stood among their peers; their family had always done whatever was necessary to maintain its position and get what it wanted, and now they felt that such a foal as Madness, with such a mental condition, was a disgrace to their bloodline.

Eventually, the young lord could not be contained.  He refused to stay in his room, sending the entire house into chaos from time to time when his "Friends" told him to do so.  In the end, his parents decided he was too much, and had him secretly removed in his sleep to an abandoned building in Ponyville.

What became of those two may never be known.  Zinrax awoke to find himself in the rundown house, but did not seem to mind at all: his "Friends" in the darkness seemed to prefer it here, especially when he discovered the collection of tomes and texts in the building's basement.  He began spending his days reading every single book he could find on magic, shut off from the outside world...

But though his Friends keep him in the shadows and insist on forgetting, the Lord of Madness still wishes to be with his family.

Not my best, but actually the grammar was much better this time than before.  There's a few parts that were a bit vague, but hope this suffices.

Lord of Madness

Well I'll tell you I love what you did there. It was very smooth to read  ^-^

Zygrograxgra

I'll be completely honest.
I rated a 2.
Sure, very well written. I know maybe one person who could write better, but they write poetically.
But the character himself just doesn't work for me in the slightest. It sounds like you're outright trying to make him unique and weird.
It's like Fallout Equestria and Equestria Daily to me. Interesting and well made on the outside, doesn't work in the slightest on the inside.
Of interesting note, if this were on the Zyggy scale, the character actually would've gotten a 7/20.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 02, 21:50:54
I rated a 2.
Sure, very well written. I know maybe one person who could write better, but they write poetically.
But the character himself just doesn't work for me in the slightest. It sounds like you're outright trying to make him unique and weird.
It's like Fallout Equestria and Equestria Daily to me. Interesting and well made on the outside, doesn't work in the slightest on the inside.
Of interesting note, if this were on the Zyggy scale, the character actually would've gotten a 7/20.

>:O

Who wants cupcakes? ovO

Ninkon

Let's dump the manawell into a bin yah?

Actually I found your description of Madness to be contradictory at times and he's too random. I think it's poor Roleplaying to play a character that does whatever. I hope you can prove me otherwise.

_____Cedar Woods____________Chilly Breeze_____________Bronze Kettle_____
http://forum.legendsofequestr

Nala Valor

The new version is very well Described. But there are 2 things that made me give you a 5.

1= is that I find it REALLY weird that his weakness is something he likes. It makes me thing of him of somepony who likes to get hurt and I don't like that.

2= it's more personal opinion, but I love the old madness a whole lot more than the new one.

But still, even with these^, your OC is well made so I'm not going any lower than 5

Lord of Madness

2012 Aug 03, 17:28:33 #199 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 03, 17:46:04 by Lord of Madness
Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Aug 03, 09:17:31
The new version is very well Described. But there are 2 things that made me give you a 5.

1= is that I find it REALLY weird that his weakness is something he likes. It makes me thing of him of somepony who likes to get hurt and I don't like that.

2= it's more personal opinion, but I love the old madness a whole lot more than the new one.

P.S I found your post was the only one descriptive enough to help me at this time. I added more info to the Weakness topic so I could clear up misconceptions like this one.

But still, even with these^, your OC is well made so I'm not going any lower than 5

1.) its like a weakness for a family member. You don't want them hurt or something bad to happen to them or be said about them. THAT is why its his weakness. They are not truly his friends but they like him and he likes them. If anyone tells him otherwise of this it could leave him more irrational than usual and unable to think properly.

2.) I'm trying to make him appropriate and not a Mary Sue or OP and more towards the MLP universe. so this may take time for me to get right

Quote from: Ninkon on 2012 Aug 02, 22:49:53
Let's dump the manawell into a bin yah?

Actually I found your description of Madness to be contradictory at times and he's too random. I think it's poor Roleplaying to play a character that does whatever. I hope you can prove me otherwise.

1.) He is not completely random anymore, he has more reasoning to what he does. And could you please tell me the Contradictory parts so i may correct them? The voting system is ment to help me but you only left me more confused.

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 02, 21:50:54
I rated a 2.

1.) your post made no sense at all to me. Please tell me what he does not work with. If you mean only specifically he does not work with your OC it does not mean I have a bad OC. And yes I want a Crazy pony who is unique. I don't want a pony that is like EVERYONE elses. what if every single pony was like applejack? That would not be very exciting sense we could predict them all every time.

P.S. I restarted the whole vote count.  Please sense only history is done take the time to only vote on history.

Go Up