Legends of Equestria announces Open Server Weekend Spectacular!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jun 07, 10:07:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyancatinator

I've made an account and downloaded the game, but when I try to log in to the game it gives me multiple errors such as: Couldn't log in; 508 unused; and a long string of text starting with couldn't parse server response. I really want to play this, so what should I do?

Tiger

It's happening to all of us. Just keep trying until it works for you.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Mr Nutt

If anyone is interested, here's the episode of Mo' Ponies that features this game.

Chaotic Fluttershy

Here's a tip of helping to login

If you try to login with capital letters in the login, it will not let you login

Must be LOWERCASE :)

Zbizo

Admins could you rewrite your useless filter?
normal setntences gets filtered for no reason while bad words can bypass your fail filter easily by replacing one letter

You should at least let us turn off this useless piece of c**p

Pipkin

Quote from: Zbizo on 2013 Jul 07, 02:29:34
normal setntences gets filtered for no reason while bad words can bypass your fail filter easily by replacing one letter

The filter is anything but useless.  Yeah it's buggy, 1 in every 10 of my messages are filtered for some reason, but it's better than nothing.
They'll fix it in due time, given that this is a pre-alpha build it will do for the moment

Tiger

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jul 07, 04:03:00

The filter is anything but useless.  Yeah it's buggy, 1 in every 10 of my messages are filtered for some reason, but it's better than nothing.
They'll fix it in due time, given that this is a pre-alpha build it will do for the moment

What Pipkin said. Would you really like ponies going around saying the F word all they want?

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

EddieScotch

Anyone else got a problem with "downloading game files" error when logging in? Comes up with a list and the only item that's finished is "Item Atlas". 

CyanideInsanity

2013 Jul 07, 04:47:57 #828 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 07, 04:49:53 by CyanideInsanity
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jul 07, 04:34:50
Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jul 07, 04:03:00

What Pipkin said. Would you really like ponies going around saying the F word all they want?

I would assume its hard to make a word filter that works and never messes up. The most basic way is to always block certain combinations of letters, and then add a whitelist of words that have those combinations. There have been countless times in runescape where I've seen people get around their filter, even some profane words could get through at one point even though they were blocked earlier, and jagex has been working on it for years, not to mention are significantly more lenient with their 13+ suggesting age as opposed to LoE being as child friendly as FiM.

I'd rather have a shoddy filter for now, rather than letting all of *insert worst part of the internet* run rampant. They are making this game child friendly, so you might not want to hold your breath if you're waiting for the option to turn the filter off. Its infinitely better to not have that option if they ever hope to get an OK from hasbro, which even now is nearly an impossibility.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Pipkin

Quote from: EddieScotch on 2013 Jul 07, 04:44:36
Anyone else got a problem with "downloading game files" error when logging in? Comes up with a list and the only item that's finished is "Item Atlas".

i've never seen this error before, i've never seen it say anything about downloading files on login either
if it continues try to reinstall and see if that helps.  Also try running as an administrator if you're on Windows Vista or 7

Daniel0590

With the whole download game files error, I deleted Unity from my computer, and getting it again. Maybe those people's Unity is outdated, it is possible. I am trying everything that I can to get this game running. I want to play the game before the server shut down, if it does, and I have heard that it probably will at the end of the weekend.

Pipkin

The open server is being extended by 1 day.  See the post in the News section  :D

CMC Scootaloo

Hi everypony!^^

I finally managed to get an account here, but I still can't go into the game.
When I try to start it, I get the "Data folder not found" message.
And the advices on your Facebook page doesn't help unfortunately, I tried any of them, but nothing works. DD:
Is there any other solution for this problem?

P.S.: My system is Windows 7.

P.S.²: It now works fine! *-*
If somepony still has the same problem like I had:

Make sure you use WinZip to unpack the game files. I tried it first with Zip Genius, but this doesnt work and caused the error.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

famous

Hellohoo??

Why can't i sit and even have NO GUI, just the Book-Symbol?? Also no Chatbox!

The Pessimistic One

QuoteHmm, I can really share your disappointment here too.  :l I couldn't even open/unzip/extract the file in the first place, though I'm pretty sure that might be my own computer's fault because I don't have some software for unzipping stuff..  X3 But I'm going to await the official download too.

For unzipping you just need something like WinRar, WinZip, or 7Zip (http://www.7-zip.org)

I use 7Zip as it's easier
When you download it you just need to right click -> 7-Zip -> Extract Here (or Extract Files... if you it somewhere specific)
Simple  :P

[If you didn't need help with that anymore then completely disregard this  X3]
--Meine Ehre ist meine Loyalität

--Putting the laughter back in Manslaughter

--We all act like humans...But then Money,Power and Greed turn us into the animals we truly are. Then there is no return.

Daniel0590

My problem is I keep getting the download game files message, and nothing happens. I had created a new account, maybe hopefully, that will get me into the game. This is so frustrating.

Takek

Quote from: Daniel0590 on 2013 Jul 07, 09:40:27
My problem is I keep getting the download game files message, and nothing happens. I had created a new account, maybe hopefully, that will get me into the game. This is so frustrating.

same here D:
you can add me on skype if you want to xD : thetakek

famous

No Chatbox here, also no Key works except walking, jumping, barrel roll and backflip.
(Filename:  Line: 1385)

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

Kit

This should be the solution for at least Windows:

Delete all files in Users\(your_user_name)\AppData\LocalLow\LoE\Legends of Equestria\data

The contents you delete look like this:

Then you just run the game.  No need to uninstall, reinstall, redownload, reextract, reetc.  ^-^

Takek

Quote from: Kit on 2013 Jul 07, 11:14:19

This should be the solution for at least Windows:

Delete all files in Users\(your_user_name)\AppData\LocalLow\LoE\Legends of Equestria\data

The contents you delete look like this:

Then you just run the game.  No need to uninstall, reinstall, redownload, reextract, reetc.  ^-^

this doesn't work either ..I don't have those contents
you can add me on skype if you want to xD : thetakek

Go Up