My little Pony: Equestria Girls - Movie

Started by Billow Pillow, 2013 Feb 08, 14:38:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Teal Turken

I'm so glad to hear all the good news about this movie, too bad I won't see it until it comes out on Netflix. x3

Chishio Kunrin

People are saying that 30 moons = 2.5 years. :I I didn't know it was that long of a time.
Spoiler: show
Now that whole thing about the mirror's portal closing for 30 moons seems a lot more serious. Why didn't they just say 2.5 years instead of going all mystical and saying "30 moons"? =P

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jul 01, 13:42:02
People are saying that 30 moons = 2.5 years. :I I didn't know it was that long of a time.
Now that whole thing about the mirror's portal closing for 30 moons seems a lot more serious. Why didn't they just say 2.5 years instead of going all mystical and saying "30 moons"? =P

Because Moons are awesome! =P

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

ArtVeigar

Was it really confirmed that Equestria Girls will get a show? I'll be really happy if it is the case! I really don't want the girls from the human world to be forgotten, and I want to see the quests of Sunset as she tries to understand friendship. We already saw an anti-social girl making friends, now it's time for a bad girl trying to be good. Hopefully they'll give her a good characterization, not just something like "I was super bad, but now that I got zapped by a rainbow I am a saint"

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jul 01, 20:45:11
Was it really confirmed that Equestria Girls will get a show? I'll be really happy if it is the case! I really don't want the girls from the human world to be forgotten, and I want to see the quests of Sunset as she tries to understand friendship. We already saw an anti-social girl making friends, now it's time for a bad girl trying to be good. Hopefully they'll give her a good characterization, not just something like "I was super bad, but now that I got zapped by a rainbow I am a saint"

The Rainbow of Light most likely helps cleanse corruption, but I would also prefer to see Sunset having to try to put old bullying habits behind her and how to do things the more friendly way. I can see her as one of those people who wants instant gratification, to where she would rather go with whatever way is quickest and easiest, even if it means scaring people. But she shouldn't do that, and she has to learn that she'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

ArtVeigar

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jul 02, 04:18:13
The Rainbow of Light most likely helps cleanse corruption, but I would also prefer to see Sunset having to try to put old bullying habits behind her and how to do things the more friendly way. I can see her as one of those people who wants instant gratification, to where she would rather go with whatever way is quickest and easiest, even if it means scaring people. But she shouldn't do that, and she has to learn that she'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I think the Rainbow of Light cleanse any external corruption, but doesn't really change the target's personality, but just the thought of being corrupted again makes them rethink their acts. Luna was currupted by the nightmare forces, and because of that, fought her sister and was banished for a thousand years. Sunset was aways corrupted by thirst of power, and even became a monster. They both went to far, and after losing their powers and regaining their conscience, noticed it wasn't exactly want they wanted, or wasn't exactly the way they wanted it.

Or maybe Sunset just noticed that the power of friendship was greater than any other, and wanted it for her. But she didn't know if she could get it, she cried at her failure and at her unknown destiny, as she didn't know what the six would do to her. And with this concept in mind, the show could show her real conversion. At the beginning, she would still be bad, seeking to befriend the girls just for the power, but with time, she would actually start to care about them, and learn what true friendship means.

paintypalette

wait, what??? I thought 30 moons was just 30 days or something!!! 2.5 years???? no wonder twilight was so nervous throughout the entire movie  O:

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, I think a moon is a month or something.

Gracie Sky

A "moon" is a clever unit of measurement for time that is never defined, nor given in relation to a unit of time we actually comprehend. It could honestly be any amount of time, although 30 of them have to be shorter than the number of years Sunset Shimmer has been alive for.

They just don't want to tell us when we can expect the mirror to be opening again and all the humans flooding into Equestria. Right?
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

super_chris85

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2013 Jul 02, 20:12:25
A "moon" is a clever unit of measurement for time that is never defined, nor given in relation to a unit of time we actually comprehend. It could honestly be any amount of time, although 30 of them have to be shorter than the number of years Sunset Shimmer has been alive for.

They just don't want to tell us when we can expect the mirror to be opening again and all the humans flooding into Equestria. Right?

or at least the mane 5 that are there... having two pinkies that are not clones of each other and that are probably already in cahoots with each other would destroy equestria

Tiger

There are hints that a human Twilight Sparkle exists too, but isn't in that school.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Lord Illidan

Hello good i liked a lot the film and it is true it is said that twilight live in the city and also has a dog named spike

Starfly

At first I was skeptical about this movie. But now that I've watched it, it's not half bad! I was expecting a lot more of that overdone high-school drama but Hasbro has really tried and put their all into the writing for this movie to impress the fans. Human Derpy with the muffin made it up at the end :D does that mean muffins are now canon?

The whole alternate dimensions thing really hurt my head though, I'm gonna need an appointment with Derpy and Doctor Whooves. (And Pinkie Pie)
[move] Wheeeeeeeeeee![/move]
Animated GIF made by Skardan.

akirawind0

This moive was out in the moive theater I think it is still I only saw someponys recording with a cam and up load it to youtube or torrent link with a bad quality but I am really looking forwrond to see this movie of yeah I guess with will not come to Finland well must cheak youtube if I can find a good quality of this movie for now I will just wait

studying is learning
teach is a ability
Crystal Is Style

paintypalette

There are plenty of videos on youtube of it. There was particularly one with fantastic quality which is how i was able to watch the movie clearly. I walk away from it saying its not as bad as i expected it to be and i am actually moderatly satisfied :) i'm just upset that the  movie will apperantly have no influence on the show whatsoever especially if twilight has a crush on flash sentry. I thought that was adorable! Why won't flash appear in MLP? :(

akirawind0

Quote from: paintypalette on 2013 Jul 05, 01:44:57
There are plenty of videos on youtube of it. There was particularly one with fantastic quality which is how i was able to watch the movie clearly. I walk away from it saying its not as bad as i expected it to be and i am actually moderatly satisfied :) i'm just upset that the  movie will apperantly have no influence on the show whatsoever especially if twilight has a crush on flash sentry. I thought that was adorable! Why won't flash appear in MLP? :(

Well I guess I must have a take a other look from youtube maybe I will find the same "fantastic quality" video So I can finally see I good or bad the movies I am sure going to be pretty good

studying is learning
teach is a ability
Crystal Is Style

ArtVeigar

Quote from: paintypalette on 2013 Jul 05, 01:44:57

The writers might have said the movie wouldn't affect the show to avoid problems with the fandom, as it's first impression of the movie was that it would be bad. But now that people are liking it, and if they notice people want at least a little of the movie in the show, they might add it. Or not. But we can hope.

akirawind0

I just watch the movie best quality I found it was pretty cool movie it something new see all the ponies in human form I like it
And the music was really good

studying is learning
teach is a ability
Crystal Is Style

Zaner

I noticed this in the movie. They need to work on body proportions.

Go Up