Obscure/underrated or forgotten games you've played.

Started by byndbored, 2012 Sep 18, 22:37:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BlueMoon

I remember seeing Azure Dreams in the store, maybe around the same time, shorty after Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy Tactics?  If its the game I THINK it is, I think you have to start over every time to exit and re-enter the tower?

I loved LOVED Tecmo's Deception for the PS1 (Anyone ever heard of that, played it?!?)  It was awesome, and I enjoyed TrapT (the forth? Deception game) for the PS2, never played the second one.

Rule of Rose for the PS2 was another obscure game I enjoyed.

There was a Monster Rancher Card Game for the PS1 that I rented and spent a week playing the hell out of until I almost burned up the PS

My wife and I played Pokemon Snap when that came out, (I'm putting that as "forgotten") I think a new Pokemon Snap would be awesome now for the WiiU.

Darkstarlkers and Bloody Roar are two underrated fighting games that I like as well.

Book Smarts

It took them 2 other games to get it right  :D

Chautauquan

Not under-rated, from what I can tell, but certainly forgotten:
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter.  Absolute classic, made me fall in love with the A-Wing.  Still the best Star Wars dogfighting game out there, I think.
Also, LEGO Island.  I can remember shoving countless pizzas into the Brickster's craw in an effort to save the island, while luring the cops to his trail with donuts.
Finally, I cant forget "Chutes and Buckets", which was a really, really old game.  You basically had a little bucket with which you caught math equations, and hopefully you had the right number when the equation landed, or your bucket filled up.  If it was completely full, the equation would spill out and you lost.  Absolutely ancient, but I remember thinking that the orange equations floating down my monochromatic screen were almost magical.

"I often wish that the two groups - adults and kids - could find a way to get along better. ... The biggest problem is, the adults have one of the most effective recruitment strategies in the world.

Give them enough time, and they'll turn any kid into one of them."
-Brandon Sanderson

The Wandering Magus

(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Pa_Kalsha

Quote from: BlueMoon on 2012 Sep 27, 23:14:32
I remember seeing Azure Dreams in the store, maybe around the same time, shorty after Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy Tactics?  If its the game I THINK it is, I think you have to start over every time to exit and re-enter the tower?

That is exactly the game you're thinking of.

I know what I'm playing once I finish Bastion!

(Vagrant Story. I'll be playing Vagrant Story once I've finished Bastion. Another oft-forgotten gem.)
Pinkie Pie got a job in a clock factory - she spent all day making faces

www.cheerfulomelette.co.uk

LutariFan

2012 Sep 29, 07:18:50 #45 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 29, 07:23:41 by LutariFan
Indiana Jones & The Infernal Machine.

Spoiler: show

Avatar by Night Pony! Big thanks to him! :D

Book Smarts

They fit an entire Final Fantasy game into a gameboy cartridge  :3

lurk852

Technically, the Legend games aren't actually Final Fantasy; they just slapped the FF name onto it when localizing it for non-Japan countries to improve marketing.  X3 Still a cool game though, or so I hear.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Nala Valor

Cool fact= the final fantasy serie was suposed to be the last game Nintendo was going to do because they where running out of ideas. So they called it Final since it was going to be the last game made by Nintendo and fantasy because they wanted to make there last game huge and awesome as if it was a fantasy you where in. ((Which they did))
I saw it in a "did you know" video.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Sep 29, 14:34:08
Cool fact= the final fantasy serie was suposed to be the last game Nintendo was going to do because they where running out of ideas. So they called it Final since it was going to be the last game made by Nintendo and fantasy because they wanted to make there last game huge and awesome as if it was a fantasy you where in. ((Which they did))

Final Fantasy was made by Square, who was going out of business, Final Fantasy was supposedly going to be their last game.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Awesome narrator from 1998It is said that history becomes legend, as its events recede into the mists of time, and that memories become dimmer in the slumber of peace. Thus the noble peoples of Urak languished in a thousand years of peaceful splendor, growing forgetful of the dark time their land once knew, heedless, of the ancient enemy who yet labored in silence. And so Golgoth, the terrible god of death, beheld that the world was ripe for an era of terror, and blood. He summoned Balkoth, the most evil of his sorcerers, and bestowed upon him a mighty artifact of power, in that the necromancer might better serve his master, in heralding the coming days of darkness. The wings of Balkoth's wretched steed beat the air like thunder, the land shook beneath the rumor of his mustering host, the air was filled with cries of his victims. Who can say what new perils may yet befall, as they struggle to defeat the ancient evil, to reunite the land, and to become...
Lords of Magic

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Nala Valor

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 29, 14:55:28

Final Fantasy was made by Square, who was going out of business, Final Fantasy was supposedly going to be their last game.
*facehoof*
I said Nintendo! Stupid me :P

Book Smarts

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Sep 29, 16:00:08

*facehoof*
Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Sep 29, 16:00:08

*facehoof*

It's cool  lol

Ren

Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

If you know this game, I love you. If not, it was a very good, but very underrated, and difficult game. I still haven't beat it.

Rissian

I'm not sure if this is obscure or underrated but this is one game I loved to play when I was younger as a kid.

Now when I last played it though I wonder how I even beat the first stage with how odd the controls are.

SapphirePony

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 30, 18:22:21
I'm not sure if this is obscure or underrated but this is one game I loved to play when I was younger as a kid.

Now when I last played it though I wonder how I even beat the first stage with how odd the controls are.
I miss that game, but it was forgotten.

Pokemon Stadium, it was forgotten not many people know bout it these days.

Book Smarts

Quote from: SapphirePony on 2012 Sep 30, 18:24:26
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 30, 18:22:21

I miss that game, but it was forgotten.

Loved the music in that game and it would've defiantly been a great opposition to mario if the creators had done more to show Croc off to the public.

Rissian

Yeah all they would need to do is fix the odd controls and work a little more on it. But it's long lost by now.

Princess_Luna

i did not know about it untill last week! its fun!
Rub some bacon on it.

Umbreow

This will stay blank until further notice.

Go Up