Want to play?

Started by SweBow, 2012 Sep 21, 21:42:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ShadowHeart

uuuuh....mind the spamming

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Cygnus

Cool. I'll try and connect. I'm sure it will be plagued with connection issues and all sorts of problems [kinda the nature of a stress test] but I'm pretty interested to check it out. I've never seen an MMO in an IDE like this, so it's exciting.

Rainbowe

Now I know what I'm doing next weekend!  :3
RD is best pony? RD is best pony.

Julius

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 Sep 23, 20:10:56
uuuuh....mind the spamming

You know, after an announcement like this... Well, I don't mind a bit of smiley spamming, heh.

Welcome to the forums new users! Enjoy the random madness at every click! Hope to see you around!

Make sure to read the rules and all! ;)
Purr~

Teal Turken

It would probably go into the RP OOC board.

ShadowHeart

ya....sorry guys....guess im just a bit jumpy...

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Chishio Kunrin

I'm probably gonna spread the word later this week when we get closer to the test date. ^-^ The more ponies, the better! I bet even more will jump onboard if they start seeing screenshots and videos being posted by us all during the test.

Still, though, screenshots and videos should have "This is from the Pre-Alpha stress test. Players are only able to play for Sept. 28th, 2012 through Sept. 30th, 2012." right before it or something like that. :D

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Charcoal Sketch

Let's hope I can manage to find the time to get on, and the server holds up :)

I hope you give us enough of a chance to grab the needed client at least a few hours in advance, if not a few days; I'd love to try to find bugs in said client through brute force if time permits.
Who ordered the flaming rutebegas?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Charcoal Sketch on 2012 Sep 23, 22:39:55
Let's hope I can manage to find the time to get on, and the server holds up :)

I hope you give us enough of a chance to grab the needed client at least a few hours in advance, if not a few days; I'd love to try to find bugs in said client through brute force if time permits.

Yeah, but Swebow said they don't want any bug or glitch reports yet. X3 All they want right now is a stress test.

123chrisrules

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!! MY BODY IS READY  :D
This is my forum signature. It's very awesome.

Tekner

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 23, 22:41:11
Yeah, but Swebow said they don't want any bug or glitch reports yet. X3 All they want right now is a stress test.
Yes. First off, we'd end up getting a million reports for the same bug. Secondly, there are so many bugs at the moment, it'd be cumbersome just to look through all the reports even if there was only one per bug. and lastly, we are already aware of probably 99% of the bugs, so it's unnecessary anyway.

Charcoal Sketch

Understood.  Stress only.

If, by some miracle, everything's still running on the final day, maybe I'll give an extra effort to give the server a mental breakdown... or not.  Still, if I enjoy myself, I'll keep a personal bug list in case I end up testing again in the future so I know where to start poking around.

davidprime

Amazing!, I just cant wait to play it!.
By the way, do you have system requeriments?
Hmm...

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Sep 23, 23:07:35 #174 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 23, 23:09:39 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: davidprime on 2012 Sep 23, 23:02:00
Amazing!, I just cant wait to play it!.
By the way, do you have system requeriments?

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2189.0
Not sure how valid that is now, since those estimates were posted on May 17 and edited on July 10, but I guess that's basically it.

I think it'd be kind of silly to expect them to save our character info, if you really think about it. If they did save it, then in Beta, we'd already have our adult pony with the cutie mark we want, right? It would skip the filly stage.

Charcoal Sketch

Let's just hope we don't have any bugs like one I found on Ragnarok Online when iRO was in alpha; I managed to create a character glitched so badly that as soon as I would log in, I'd get booted offline, along with everyone in visual range of my character.  It's not my fault they didn't secure the packets you sent while making characters and I created one with bad paramaters...

I'm going to have to control myself to not go poking into things...

SonicDash

Tekner

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 23, 23:07:35
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2189.0
Not sure how valid that is now, since those estimates were posted on May 17 and edited on July 10, but I guess that's basically it.
Those stats are still valid. Most of those were written with an assumption of how the game would be when it's officially released. As it is right now, some of those stats are actually higher than the game is in its current state. Right now it takes up about a gigabyte of hard drive space (the download is 230 mb, however), not 700, and only takes up about 1.5 Gigs of ram, not 2. Otherwise I'd say everything else is fairly accurate.

Blode4

I actually just made a forum account now just so that I can play! Can't wait!  :3

The Groovy General

Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Sep 21, 22:24:02
Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2012 Sep 21, 22:16:33
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 21, 22:15:48
YEEEEHAWWWW! I know what I'm doing next weekend! Woo!

Agreed!

I agree also anypony elce

I agree ALL THE WAY! So stoked for this game! :D

Go Up