My Speakers caught radio frequencies!

Started by Lauren Rarity, 2014 Feb 01, 12:16:17

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lauren Rarity

2014 Feb 01, 12:16:17 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 01, 12:26:36 by McSleuthburger
Sounds insane right? Not even sure if this topic is welcome here. I mean, it's off-topic but everyone is talking about ponies. But right now, i can't talk about this to anyone else.

Okay. Someone explain this to me? How is it doing that? I just plugged it in. There is NOTHING going on on my computer right now. No sounds. No lan connections to others. In fact, i didn't even configure the speakers yet. Technically, the computer has not yet recognized there being speakers plugged. But shortly after i picked up the speakers and i heard someone talking in it.
Then i started rolling the lil button on it left n right in hopes of making it louder, but right now, the button that is supposed to control volume, is controlling frequencies! I am going through radio channels with a speaker! Right now it's playing some ancient music. Creepy.
Is this where i put my resume? Do i need medical records too? I'm not sure i'm fine with that.
This is so awkward, i hope nobody sees it.

Xalder

2014 Feb 03, 23:26:00 #1 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 04, 10:44:54 by Astranacus
Mine seem to play sound from the TV in my parent's bedroom. So if they're watching something, I could possibly hear it. xD

For the most part, it's quiet enough or I have something playing from my computer anyway to not notice it.

( Note* Please remember that this is a family friendly site, so the message has been edited. )
Everybody wants to be a cat.

Maglor

Quote from: Lauren Rarity on 2014 Feb 01, 12:16:17
Okay. Someone explain this to me? How is it doing that?

Your audio cables are like a antenna... is the signal strong enough... your amplifier can use that signal...
If you don't like the effect... use simple alu foil for the reflection
I have the same effect on my right side... only thin cables without a good isolation.
But yes... the alu foil doesn't look good...
One big dream... many tasks and no time for all...

Go Up