Writing Auditions: Congratulations to our new writers!

Started by Brick Stonewood, 2012 Jul 20, 16:41:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Giggle Tail

Planning to get my application in very soon.  Already got my submissions ready  :D
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Rainbrodash

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 23, 18:53:46
Quote from: Rainbrodash on 2012 Jul 23, 18:50:56
First off hello everyone. This is my first time posting on these fine forums. I would just like to say that I have submitted an application as well.
Um...You should say that in the introduction thread except the application part.

Well thank you for pointing that out. I shall have to go and introduce myself!

Blues-Music

Gah!I need to finish this story before the deadline!The old stories I made aren't good enough for LOE I think I can get this done by tommorow...

Firefly

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 23, 19:24:48
Gah!I need to finish this story before the deadline!The old stories I made aren't good enough for LOE I think I can get this done by tommorow...

at least you've got old stories! all I write are formal arguments, essays and debate stuff  :c

[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Firefly

Quote from: Bloomberg on 2012 Jul 23, 14:49:56
Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Jul 23, 06:35:50
I noticed that the minimum age for all applicants was not stated, so may I ask what it is?

Well... you see, I kind of don't exactly... have one. I see this as being purely a matter of skill, and although a very young applicant is somewhat less likely to have the set of skills I'm looking for, I know there are many exceptions to that, and I don't want to put down a hard number for that reason.

perfect :]

I would also like to ask: 1) how often can we expect to be assigned a personal/group task?
                                       2) how much time must we expect to dedicate to the writing team every week/day?
                                       3) is it possible for us to take short breaks where we drop what we do for the writing team temporarily and focus on other proritised tasks
                                       (exams, interviews etc.)?
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

TenTonticTac

I'll have some work done in a day or two. :D
Weapon of choice:

Clockwise

http://askmoonshot.tumblr.com/ polease come and visit.

Rainbrodash

Its a great thing to see how many enthusiastic writers we have looking for this position. Now I can be a peace knowing that even if I don't get accepted it will be in good hooves!  ;)

ArceusGPG

Yes! It would be so cool to help out with this project. Just finished my story, and can't wait for the results. :3
If life is a box of chocolates, I plan on consuming life itself.

Blues-Music

I'm done.Now I need to think about it every second , and never go to sleep thinking I'l lose.

Rainbrodash

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 24, 13:41:20
I'm done.Now I need to think about it every second , and never go to sleep thinking I'l lose.

I know that feel bro. It's the waiting that always gets me.

Brick Stonewood

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Jul 24, 00:49:37

I would also like to ask: 1) how often can we expect to be assigned a personal/group task?
                                       3) is it possible for us to take short breaks where we drop what we do for the writing team temporarily and focus on other proritised tasks

Again, as much as I would like to say "four," these things have to be taken care of on a case-by-case basis. There are many different types of responsibilities on the writing team, including quests, descriptions, NPCs, books, and editing, and every one of the writers will end up with slightly different responsibilities, based on their strengths and areas of interest. Some of us love creating characters, and don't particularly care about the settings, and some of us are more passionate about lore and world-building and only write characters when it is absolutely required. If it is decided that we need more fiction books in the library, I be perfectly happy allowing someone a week and letting them churn out a novella, but if someone were to try to get by with one item description per week, obviously, that would be something else entirely. As for the time devoted, it is simply a matter of how long it takes everyone to get things done properly. Some can get by on talent without having to work at it much, and some have to metaphorically break their backs to keep up. The important thing is to know which category you fall under, and do whatever you have to do. Short breaks are perfectly fine, as we are a volunteer project, and I can't expect everyone to devote their entire lives to this project. However, if someone is frequently absent, I will be forced to ask myself if I couldn't perhaps find someone else of approximately equal skill who would be present on a much more consistent basis.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Bloomberg on 2012 Jul 24, 15:35:42

Again, as much as I would like to say "four," these things have to be taken care of on a case-by-case basis. There are many different types of responsibilities on the writing team, including quests, descriptions, NPCs, books, and editing, and every one of the writers will end up with slightly different responsibilities, based on their strengths and areas of interest. Some of us love creating characters, and don't particularly care about the settings, and some of us are more passionate about lore and world-building and only write characters when it is absolutely required. If it is decided that we need more fiction books in the library, I be perfectly happy allowing someone a week and letting them churn out a novella, but if someone were to try to get by with one item description per week, obviously, that would be something else entirely. As for the time devoted, it is simply a matter of how long it takes everyone to get things done properly. Some can get by on talent without having to work at it much, and some have to metaphorically break their backs to keep up. The important thing is to know which category you fall under, and do whatever you have to do. Short breaks are perfectly fine, as we are a volunteer project, and I can't expect everyone to devote their entire lives to this project. However, if someone is frequently absent, I will be forced to ask myself if I couldn't perhaps find someone else of approximately equal skill who would be present on a much more consistent basis.
I love all of that actually.

Rainbrodash

Well very good this is what I having been doing everyday in my company!  lol Well outside of programming. But I get enough C# with making my own games.

paintypalette

i auditioned for it! I hope you approve of it but more importantly, receive the email  :s

Blues-Music

Please tell me you got my story!I have it in a backup , but I just want to know if you got it , or not.

Nonnavlis

I've sent in an audition. Hooves crossed it makes it to you okay. Now to join everyone else in the exciting game of waiting.

Firefly

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Bloomberg on 2012 Jul 24, 15:35:42

thank you so much!  :3 I'll send in my application now :DDD yayayayayayay

Rainbrodash

Well this is getting to be quite the list of applicants! Good luck everyone!  ;)

WolframA

I sent in my application, and, seeing all these enthusiastic and nervous replies, notice that there are many who also have and feel the same as I. This both comforts me and makes me far, far more uncertain of the results.
Sometimes life's just too uncertain to have regrets

Go Up