Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

having time to do as I wish :D
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

ComputerDeathglare

Spoiler: show

My first custom! My mom also dropped this on my Facebook:

QuoteLooks better in person. Good first try. Keep up the creativity.

:')
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Morning Glory

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Mar 06, 00:36:29

Since she's a ghoul, I take it she's supposed to look a little beat up? Not bad for a first try. My first (Lyra) was pretty terrible.  If you want a smoother paint job, mix it with water, and do thin thin coats. I can also recommend sharpie paint-pens. They sell a really fine-tip one (I think it's called ultra-fine) that's great for eyes and eyelashes, and it's oil-based paint instead of transparent ink like in regular sharpies. They can be a little temperamental and like to break and leak paint, but when they are working they're a lifesaver.

Bravo 658

Does it works, Jay?  I think so!
Julius made an awesome song.
:3

Julius

What? When? As far as I know I released a test yesterday, where I basically sang a few lines once then applied several effects to them over and over. I certainly wouldn't call that a song. X3

I'm glad you liked it though. lol

Just paid off the Internet, yes! <3
Purr~

The Wandering Magus

new fanmade songs! this time LoE member edition!
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Bravo 658

GalvinRoe posted again!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Mar 05, 14:05:44
I finished Rainbow Dash....Well, technically I finished last night, I just fixed it  X3

That's really good. O:

Finally found out what version of One Winged Angel I have on my iPod. It's the Advent Children version. That version is best version. :3 I loves the guitar.
Can't remember how I got it. I think I got it from a CD I borrowed from my parents' friend once.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2013 Mar 06, 02:16:42

Since she's a ghoul, I take it she's supposed to look a little beat up? Not bad for a first try. My first (Lyra) was pretty terrible.  If you want a smoother paint job, mix it with water, and do thin thin coats. I can also recommend sharpie paint-pens. They sell a really fine-tip one (I think it's called ultra-fine) that's great for eyes and eyelashes, and it's oil-based paint instead of transparent ink like in regular sharpies. They can be a little temperamental and like to break and leak paint, but when they are working they're a lifesaver.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Morning Glory

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Mar 06, 18:31:48

No problem! I'm happy to offer any advice I can. I had no idea how to make customs until I started asking for help. :P 

If you really want to get into making customs serious-like (taking off the head, rehairing, etc) I can strongly recommend a youtube channel called Okiegurl1981. Her guides taught me almost everything I know about the basics. I don't do everything the same way as she does (namely, I don't have an airbrush, and I rehair in a different way), and I've modified her techniques to suit me better over time, but her video on how to strip a pony as prep for custom work is exactly what I do.

And of course, if you're going to try rehairing, splurge for the dollyhair.com hair. That's the only stuff worth working with. It's so nice and clean and smooth and cooperative, and the owner has confirmed that she gets her hair from the same manufacturer that Hasbro buys their MLP hair from. And it's only $3 a bag for a hank of 38 inches. That's at least 3-4 G4 ponies for me.

Please, feel free to ask me any questions you have! I'd love to help out. ^-^

The Stars

I was so relieved to find out I didn't forget to save a drawing:U That thing took me 2 hours; I was going to flip my freaking kitchen XD
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2013 Mar 06, 18:48:09
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Mar 06, 18:31:48

No problem! I'm happy to offer any advice I can. I had no idea how to make customs until I started asking for help. :P 

If you really want to get into making customs serious-like (taking off the head, rehairing, etc) I can strongly recommend a youtube channel called Okiegurl1981. Her guides taught me almost everything I know about the basics. I don't do everything the same way as she does (namely, I don't have an airbrush, and I rehair in a different way), and I've modified her techniques to suit me better over time, but her video on how to strip a pony as prep for custom work is exactly what I do.

And of course, if you're going to try rehairing, splurge for the dollyhair.com hair. That's the only stuff worth working with. It's so nice and clean and smooth and cooperative, and the owner has confirmed that she gets her hair from the same manufacturer that Hasbro buys their MLP hair from. And it's only $3 a bag for a hank of 38 inches. That's at least 3-4 G4 ponies for me.

Please, feel free to ask me any questions you have! I'd love to help out. ^-^

Oh my, thank you so much! :3
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

The Wandering Magus

being able to do a lot today

Pipkin

2013 Mar 06, 20:53:43 #1753 Last Edit: 2013 Mar 06, 21:00:56 by Pipkin
So I came home for lunch and decided out of the blue to do bacon, eggs, toast and potato patties for "lunch".  I somehow managed to cook all that in about 35-40 minutes, and still had time to check the forums briefly, yay!

I also got to go home early as I got all my work done and i'm scheduled for 52 hours this week and getting paid for 40 so I have to cut down how long i'm there for, so I got to have a nice 4 hour nap, haven't been able to do that for a while.

I think I might shop around for my own internet so I can have my office back...and not a wireless connection.  I can only benefit from that  X3

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Mar 06, 18:26:33
Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Mar 05, 14:05:44
I finished Rainbow Dash....Well, technically I finished last night, I just fixed it  X3

That's really good. O:

Finally found out what version of One Winged Angel I have on my iPod. It's the Advent Children version. That version is best version. :3 I loves the guitar.
Can't remember how I got it. I think I got it from a CD I borrowed from my parents' friend once.

Thanks!  I kinda feel like it's my best one yet..I like feeling that i'm improving  X3

Jenzy

Getting better. Sore throat fading away. ^-^

And the ability to talk like Flutterguy for a while lol

Bravo 658

Galvin Roe is back again! lol
I'll just pretend he's not going to leave for now. ovO

The Stars

Taking time to Balance my CPU usage among all of my programs and what cores will be used for programs :U

Process Lasso does excellent work.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

The Wandering Magus

being able to have some time this morning

Johannes

The Wandering Magus

Go Up