Legends of Equestria Game Files

Started by Sparky343, 2015 Aug 14, 08:45:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sparky343

I don't have knowledge about technical files, so I'd like to ask and see if anyone can help me.

I was wondering, if it's possible, how to delete an item render (If that's the correct term) from showing up in the game.
I'll be honest as to my intentions. I absolutely despise socks on ponies. I'm fine with others liking them though. We all have our own likes and dislikes.  ;)
While there was only 1 set last OSW, there wasn't many wearing them. But now there are more types I assume there will be a lot more ponies running around with them on.

I would love to know if there is a way to make it so that the "socks" item doesn't show up in my game, but still shows up for others.

So... I would greatly appreciate any help with what I'm trying to do. I just want to be able to enjoy Legends of Equestria as much as possible. I love this game so much!

Thanks for reading.  ^-^
Hello!  </)>

HyrdaIncrement

LoE doesn't have separate game files for every item, they are all packaged together in unity asset files. Technically these are supposed to be inaccessible because unity thinks they can prevent users from browsing the assets by using some mystical format, but in reality there are programs that can let you access and more specifically delete specific assets in there.

Buut I don't think that's a good idea because the game will probably explode when it tries to load an asset that doesn't exist and who knows what other effects it could have. So really I'd just suggest suffering through it like any normal person because something so simple like this while it may bother you is well within reason to be managed. I mean if this wasn't a video game and you hated people wearing socks irl, you'd have a serious problem.

Thats just what I think :p

Sparky343

Ah, I see.

Yeah I'll leave it alone, to be safe.

I'll just suffer through it. :P
It does really get to me, but I'm not going to stop playing because of it. I'll just try and think of them as boots, they're much more bearable.

Nah I don't hate socks IRL  lol
Only on ponies.

Thank you for taking the time to answer Hydra!  ^-^
Hello!  </)>

Go Up