"Easier" Profile Picture Setting

Started by SkylathekidMC, 2014 Sep 03, 07:07:13

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SkylathekidMC

Now that I've got the issue with the server up/down thing sorted, let's put in a suggestion!  ^-^

I'd like the option in our profile settings, for our profile picture, to have "insert picture", URLs have been quite glitchy, showing up as nothing. :/

I'd like to just pull a picture from my desktop folder and set that, instead of going through the Internet to find if I posted the picture on Instagram or not, just to see the picture not work.  >.<

Hope I didn't bother you colts and mares!  <3
DJ Sky-3 is in the house! I bow upon you as Vinyl Scratch's sister.

Invultrois

2014 Sep 03, 08:29:47 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 03, 08:32:03 by Invultrois
Well, you could always upload your picture on an image hosting site, such as photobucket or imgur.  ^-^

And make sure that your image URL ends with the image format such as .png, .jpg, .jpeg and .gif and others.
Or else the picture will not appear. It's not glitchy, it's the URL. But yeah, Kelvin's tutorial is quite useful.  X3

Spoiler: show

McSleuthburger

I reason why we dont allow you to upload pictures from your computer is because that takes of storage and space on our end
Yea sure and image here or there is not bad but when you have everyone doing it, all those pictures start to take up space
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

SkylathekidMC

Quote from: Kelvin on 2014 Sep 03, 08:02:01
check out my tutorial ---> http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13097.0

Quote from: Invultrois on 2014 Sep 03, 08:29:47
Well, you could always upload your picture on an image hosting site, such as photobucket or imgur.  ^-^

And make sure that your image URL ends with the image format such as .png, .jpg, .jpeg and .gif and others.
Or else the picture will not appear. It's not glitchy, it's the URL. But yeah, Kelvin's tutorial is quite useful.  X3

Spoiler: show

Thanks for the help! I'll make sure to use them later! ^-^

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2014 Sep 03, 15:39:26
I reason why we dont allow you to upload pictures from your computer is because that takes of storage and space on our end
Yea sure and image here or there is not bad but when you have everyone doing it, all those pictures start to take up space

I see how that would interfere with development. Thanks for explaining how it wouldn't work. :)

Thanks for the help overall. You guys are the best! I can see how amazing the LoE community is!  <3 My thanks and regards.
DJ Sky-3 is in the house! I bow upon you as Vinyl Scratch's sister.

Go Up