Dragon Cave

Started by Fudgemuffin, 2012 Jul 07, 15:10:41

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Verdant Tome

Quote from: Stanwixbuster on 2014 May 09, 17:15:09
Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 May 09, 17:04:31
My eggs are gonna die if they don't hatch in less than two days... it doesn't look good.

go put them in ER's

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Emergency_Rooms

Thanks! I didn't know about these.

S_Realm

Yup, it's strongly recommended to put your eggs in the ER when they hit 3 days or less.

GoldenTerrabyte

Although that wasn't at me, I'll take that advice!
I'm back

Verdant Tome

2014 May 09, 20:33:56 #123 Last Edit: 2014 May 09, 20:40:03 by Codefreak5
Wow, one of my eggs just hatched - the one with the yellow stripes! That was fast... the other three are about to hatch too.

Ain't it cute?

These ERs are amazing.

Edit, one minute later: Yep, the orange-swirled egg just hatched.

Edit, another minute later: And the speckled egg hatched just now.

Edit, a couple minutes later: And the plain green egg finally hatched, after being stubborn for a bit.

Now I have to think up names for them all... ugh. I'm horrible at names.

S_Realm

The reason your eggs hatched so fast was because they're all commons. Rare dragons generally require many more views before they hatch.

Verdant Tome

2014 May 09, 20:47:28 #125 Last Edit: 2014 May 09, 20:49:30 by Codefreak5
Quote from: S_Realm on 2014 May 09, 20:45:31
The reason your eggs hatched so fast was because they're all commons. Rare dragons generally require many more views before they hatch.

I thought it was because they got over 1,000 views in less than an hour, but, okay...

Any suggestions for my new batch of eggs?

S_Realm

Just grab whatever, or you could accept a few donation haha. ;)

If there's any dragons I can get you just let me know! I have plenty of dragons to breed.

Just so you know, if hatchlings get views too fast they can get sick so you need to space out the views before they grow up or they might die from the sickness.

GoldenTerrabyte

How common is mine? Do you know?
I'm back

Verdant Tome

2014 May 09, 21:31:50 #128 Last Edit: 2014 May 09, 22:15:55 by Codefreak5
Quote from: S_Realm on 2014 May 09, 20:53:09

If there's any dragons I can get you just let me know! I have plenty of dragons to breed.

Just so you know, if hatchlings get views too fast they can get sick so you need to space out the views before they grow up or they might die from the sickness.

About how many views at a time can a hatchling get before they get sick? And does it depend on the dragon?

Abvadius got his wings! He's going to be all grown up soon! They grow up so fast...   :')

Another edit: Now he is all grown up! Yay!

Does anyone have any idea what to name my other dragons? Names are hard and I'm not good at them.

Puynsi

The red one is mine, the other 2 are adopted, throwing away a dragon egg, such heresy.

GoldenTerrabyte

Apparently mine is very common. It looks like it's gonna be a cute one!
I'm back

S_Realm

Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 May 09, 21:31:50

About how many views at a time can a hatchling get before they get sick? And does it depend on the dragon?
It's not he number of view but the rate at which your dragon gains views. Too much in a short time can cause sickness. This is the same with all dragons. This is why it's better to space out all your views over a few days instead of within a few hours.

Quote from: Puynsi on 2014 May 09, 23:29:53
The red one is mine, the other 2 are adopted, throwing away a dragon egg, such heresy.

What if I told you... that eggs are auto-abandoned under certain conditions due to certain Dragon Cave mechanics over which you have no control over?

GoldenTerrabyte

Wait, does that mean...

Just checked my egg page. It says there's something wrong with it. Can someone please look at it and see what it might be?
I'm back

Verdant Tome

Quote from: S_Realm on 2014 May 10, 00:31:47
Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 May 09, 21:31:50

It's not he number of view but the rate at which your dragon gains views. Too much in a short time can cause sickness. This is the same with all dragons. This is why it's better to space out all your views over a few days instead of within a few hours.

That's what I meant by "how many at a time" - you say "too many", but I want to know how many that is in, say, an hour.

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 10, 00:42:21
Wait, does that mean...

Just checked my egg page. It says there's something wrong with it. Can someone please look at it and see what it might be?

According to the wiki, your egg has what's known as "softshell" sickness. It's the same thing as what Saintirl (S_Realm) and I have been talking about. You just need to hide your egg for about a day until it heals.

GoldenTerrabyte

Okay, makes sense, because I... I put it in my signature in a really public forum. So yeah, I took him out of there. Should I do it here too?
I'm back

Verdant Tome

It doesn't really matter; he won't get views either way, as long as he's hidden. I'd suggest taking him out, though.

S_Realm

Anyone wanna do some trading/obtain rare dragons?

Meryiel

How can you do that?  :o

S_Realm

In order to access the trading features of Dragon Cave you need to own an Magi Dragon. They have the BSA (Breed Specific Action) 'Teleport' which enables you to start trades and one-way transfers. If you'd like I can send you a Magi Dragon egg to help you get started (or you could try to nab one from the desert!)

Meryiel

2014 May 10, 12:24:34 #139 Last Edit: 2014 May 10, 12:26:59 by Meryiel
Thank you for your help!  X3 But I think I will try to find this dragon on the desert... Can you tell me how its egg looks like?

Go Up