Problems with Pegusus skills Blowback and Air Rapier

Started by Lowenly, 2020 Oct 09, 18:47:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lowenly

I recently started playing a Pegasus for the first time; loving the ability to fly anywhere!  But I'm confused with two of their Flying Skills:  Blowback, and Air Rapier.

Blowback "works" in that I can target enemies, see the animation, and Energy is removed when I use the skill, but I see no other effects.  The skill description says it can push or slow down enemies, but I don't see either of those things happening.

Air Rapier is confusing in a different way.  The skill description says I need to build up wind power stacks to use it.  However, the only way I can find to build up stacks is by using the other expert skill Airstep, giving me 3 stacks per use, and those stacks fade away almost as quickly as I can build them.  Even when I finally build up 6 stacks to use Air Rapier, when I target an enemy, it says "You cannot use this skill".  What's more, the skill says I can build up to 20 stacks, but after getting 6 stacks and using Airstep again, my stacks reset to 3.

I realize this game is developed by a small team and not all features are implemented, or can be buggy.  That's why I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems with these skills?  I love the other two Pegasus skills and am having a real blast with the flight mechanics, but it's a real bummer that half of their exclusive abilities don't seem to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  ^-^

Cyan Spark

Hey! Thanks for trying out Legends of Equestria. The Flying skills have been tricky to work with for a long time, because they use a lot of custom code to get working.

The damage from blowback is based on your current movement speed. Try sprinting while performing the ability. It should also slow mobs down by anywhere from 15% to 50% for 3 seconds, but that's probably too short a duration to notice.

We'll look into Wind Rapier, but in the meantime, you should file a report on Phabricator to specify all the necessary details related to your issue.

Go Up