Hi ponies of Equestria, Is there any leveling guides from beginning to end?

Started by CatBread, 2020 May 27, 02:56:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CatBread

I wanna farm all the way to the highest level/stats for a certain class haven't chose one yet and farm for the top gear in the game but i don't know how to start off.

Any tips to share on what to do to achieve this goal?

The Great Sephiroth

I am interested in this also. Been playing since last year and I keep getting characters to around level 8~10 and then I am stuck. Drops for things like copper are non-existent, so I cannot level artisan. If I take on tougher enemies I get less experience (why is this? this is counter to every MMO on the planet) and cannot level that way. Quests generally take hours to complete due to the amount of travelling between areas and do not even reward a single level, so that is ineffective. It seems like the foal stuff was well done, then the main meat of the game was skipped, and then the end-game, tough creatures were added. Without the middle though, we cannot reach those end-game creatures. Since we cannot get drops for low-level crafting (I got 9 copper ore from corgis after about four hours of grinding them) due to bad drop rates or the decent drop-rates being on end-game creatures, we cannot level our skills, so I am stumped. It brings back memories of World of Warcraft back before Burning Crusade came out. Levelling was great until the very end. Levels 56 through 60 were a beast! I am already well beyond that amount of grind (have not leveled in two days) and figure I must be doing something wrong, because if it scales up with levels, I'll be 80yrs old or more before I hit the high levels.

Cyan Spark

Combat-based experience has a penalty applied if the level difference between your combat level and your target's level is greater than 5. Mobs level 50 and above will not be affected by this penalty.

An upcoming Mining update is planned, which will provide more options for players wishing to gather ore for
Artisan.

The Great Sephiroth

Thanks for the info, Cyan! What about leveling through 20? I have done a lot of reading and as I understand it, this game works in reverse from every other game out there. Instead of rewarding risk with greater experience you get less for fighting stronger mobs? What is the intended leveling path through 20 since fighting mobs is being so heavily discouraged? This also makes me wonder about making armor since it won't do much good if I'm not fighting.

In WoW, Guild Wars, ESO, and many others I have played (I alpha and beta-tested WoW, it was a hoot!) you always get more experience based on the level of the mobs you are fighting. Questing compliments combat so you need not grind much. I am assuming LoE will instead focus almost entirely on questing to keep the pace up?

CatBread

Crafting is the one thing i barely ever did in any MMO games so i wouldn't have much of an idea why or how to go through it when i could grind dungeons and such for really good gear.

For this game i just wanna get to the point of being at the height of power that's possible so far. Even if that's not the main focus of this game i just go for such so i can have another game's progress done and help others who want to get strong too and then I'll go repeat the process all over again on another game. Trying to learn as much as i can to get through leveling to reach endgame.

Go Up