Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Nov 11, 17:36:10
Have Windows 10? If so, you agreed to effectively them picking and choosing when to do updates, since it's not actually an OS to them(alongside a lot of unrelated major things). This is why I love Linux, I don't have to deal with that, and I get a superior, secure, and actual, OS!

Honestly, Windows will likely never again be used by me unless I have to for a job or assisting someone. It's angered me too much, and it's too far gone to be an OS I could ever trust with anything ever again.

Yes, I have Windows 10.
I found the settings and changed it to where it has to ask me permission to restart for the updates.

I hated Windows 8, so I figured I might as well get Windows 10 while it's still free. I do actually like Windows 10 more than Windows 8, though.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Nov 11, 17:57:37
Yes, I have Windows 10.
I found the settings and changed it to where it has to ask me permission to restart for the updates.

I hated Windows 8, so I figured I might as well get Windows 10 while it's still free. I do actually like Windows 10 more than Windows 8, though.

Huh, at least they put in the feature to where it won't just auto-restart. It'll still update against your will on a restart though. At least with pro you could delay it by day(s)/week(s).

I don't see how people like Windows 10 more than Windows 8.1(or at all), honestly. The only positive I found was that it looked good, nothing else. I was part of the Insider Program as well to help them make it good, but then it broke my computer because Microsoft can't make working backups, it seems.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Nov 11, 18:03:31
Huh, at least they put in the feature to where it won't just auto-restart. It'll still update against your will on a restart though. At least with pro you could delay it by day(s)/week(s).

I don't see how people like Windows 10 more than Windows 8.1(or at all), honestly. The only positive I found was that it looked good, nothing else. I was part of the Insider Program as well to help them make it good, but then it broke my computer because Microsoft can't make working backups, it seems.

Personally, one of my problems with Windows 8 was that I'm on a laptop, so occasionally, I would move my finger on the touchpad and it would bring up the side menu or go to the start screen, and I was like "AAAGH NO!!!"

I also like having a normal start menu again.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Nov 11, 18:07:51
Personally, one of my problems with Windows 8 was that I'm on a laptop, so occasionally, I would move my finger on the touchpad and it would bring up the side menu or go to the start screen, and I was like "AAAGH NO!!!"

I also like having a normal start menu again.

I can understand that, but I preferred to just disable the Metro UI, and disable all the hot corners and such. Then I used classic shell, and it was great. I find it funny and sad how much I had to do to make it good, but it was still not bad, even if I didn't do any of that(except the Metro UI, that thing was always the first thing to go for me).

About the start menu thing, I will admit that the Start Menu wasn't too bad, but it still looked clunky to me.

DawnsEmbrace

Alright, so I'm being hired on as an employee at my mother's baking business.
Pros: Very stable, decent pay, work that I enjoy.  (To an extent.)
Cons: Much is expected that I'm not sure I can effectively live up to, and one more thing.
When I said employee, I meant employee.

When my mother says employee, she means permanent personal replacement.

Ultimately there's not much to complain about, it's honestly a pretty good deal. 
It's the last part that just...Erks me.  A lot.
<br />

Sweet Brew

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2015 Nov 11, 17:27:19
Welcome to every non-brony's perspective on MLP.
I get that, and I do my best to not be one of those bronies.
But it's just annoying to (as one of my last posts said) go on some site or another and no one is there for (insert theme here) but they're just there to talk about something else entirely.

It's one of the reasons I quite LOTRO, no one wanted to talk about any of Tolkien's works at all, they jsut wanted to "power level", and Some other pony site (I forget the name) talked about nothing but animie, GTA, or Splatoon.

They even changed the site's theme to a Splatoon theme when it was an MLP forum!

I'm sorry...but can't these people make their own forum for this stuff?

Being a fan is perfectly fine.
I'm just sick of people forcing their home in my home.

Midnight Breeze

What's the deal with older people calling Ukraine 'the Ukraine'? It's not even a matter of personal preference, its just plain incorrect.

'The Ukraine' is no more correct than 'the Canada' or 'the France'. Why is the usage so popular amongst the greatest generation?

Greyscaleisme

So, this really is dumb that it annoys me, but, whatever, lol.

I want to go into charity work, and pretty much dedicate most of my time to volunteering at soup kitchens and homeless shelters and the like. Only one problem, I want to do too much. I mean, I want to go to Africa and help people with farming their land.. I want to go to Asia to help with clean-up work after Typhoons.. I want to go and help in homeless shelters and I just want to do too much.. *sigh* The troubles of a giving heart..
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chibalt

This might be fairly insignificant really, but here's one of the things that annoy me the most: people that smell like they've showered in perfume, it absolutely reeks and some people just have so much on you'd think they use half a bottle when they put it on.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Nov 11, 22:44:02
This might be fairly insignificant really, but here's one of the things that annoy me the most: people that smell like they've showered in perfume, it absolutely reeks and some people just have so much on you'd think they use half a bottle when they put it on.

Completely agree.  My nose feels like it's shriveling up when I come across normal perfume wearers.
<br />

Howitzer

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Nov 11, 22:44:02
When you find that one guy who walks past you and he basically took the whole bottle and poured it on himself. Not hard to find since you usually smell him about 30ft. away.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Rush of MLP

Quote from: Howitzer on 2015 Nov 11, 23:23:14
When you find that one guy who walks past you and he basically took the whole bottle and poured it on himself. Not hard to find since you usually smell him about 30ft. away.

And you can feel your lungs getting heavier as you breathe in the air around them, then spend the next 5 minutes trying to cough it out.

Chibalt

Quote from: Rush of MLP on 2015 Nov 11, 23:26:07
And you can feel your lungs getting heavier as you breathe in the air around them, then spend the next 5 minutes trying to cough it out.

Pretty much that, and I also hate the smell of red bull, the energy drink. It smells sickly sweet to me, almost to the point of smelling rotten to me, and yes, many things do smell sweet when rotten.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Midnight Breeze

Deadbeat parents who never gave a squat about having a relationship with their children but want to fall back on the typical argument of "How dare you say I never raised you? I kept a roof over your head and food in your belly for 16 years!"

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS, Father of the Year! You did the bare minimum necessary to avoid getting arrested for child neglect! I'm so lucky to have a dad like you, I don't know anyone else who was privileged enough to be fed and housed by their own parents during their childhood.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Nov 12, 00:35:50
Pretty much that, and I also hate the smell of red bull, the energy drink. It smells sickly sweet to me, almost to the point of smelling rotten to me, and yes, many things do smell sweet when rotten.

Fruit, for example. The way that it ferments tends to lead to a slightly sweet smell.

Chibalt

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Nov 12, 08:17:06
Fruit, for example. The way that it ferments tends to lead to a slightly sweet smell.

I'm not talking about slightly sweet, I'm talking about it smelling so sweet I'd probably actually get a bit sick if I smell it for too long. It smells like half of it is either pure concentrated sugar or something that has been rotting for WAY too long, and the fact that seemingly everyone around my age drinks a ton of it doesn't help either.

Midnight Breeze

I'm moving into my new apartment and I really like the place, don't get me wrong, it's WORLDS better than the place I'm moving from. Just one thing bugs the heck out of me...the flooring at the front doorway is real ceramic tile, while the flooring in the kitchen and bathroom is just linoleum tile. What's up with that? It's like when they were finishing the apartment that were going to door ceramic flooring, but then they thought "Nah, this is too expensive. Just do lino the rest of the way." Bizzarre...

Also, one of my neighbors has a wifi network named "FBI surveillance"...freaky!

I mean....that's totally what it is, right? Just one of my neighbors being silly....right?

Oh, hang on, somebody's knocking at my door...

dr.induction

It's almost Christmas... again >.>

PrincessButton

[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Grizzly

That Christmas seems to come sooner and sooner every year, especially for shops and advertisements, its annoying.
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Go Up