Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

dr.induction

People get away with cutting corners, evading responsibility, humiliating others. And get rewarded for it.
But the person that assumes responsibility and is genuinely looking out for the outcome of something falls in second place if acknowledged at all.
Something is wrong with this.

Chishio Kunrin

People flipping out and saying "I'm so DONE with how they name the Kingdom Hearts games!" because of KH 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue.

I really don't understand what the big deal is about how they name the games! I don't think there's anything wrong with it!

For anyone who's confused about the "Final Chapter Prologue" part:
Kingdom Hearts 3 is the final chapter of the Xehanort saga.
KH2.8 has Dream Drop Distance, cinematics from KH X, and an "extra chapter."
Dream Drop Distance and, I'm assuming, this "extra chapter" act as a prologue to KH3...
which is the final chapter of the Xehanort saga.

For the 2.8 part:
They already have KH 2.5 HD Remix, which has KH2 Final Mix, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and Re: Coded cutscene movie.
It's later than 2.5 but not quite 3, so 2.8.

It makes sense! There's nothing wrong with it! Stop freaking out! Geez.

It's not like they named BBS "Kingdom Hearts -1" or something.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

So after all the work i did getting rid of the clutter in the 2nd floor my dad manages to fill it up AGAIN, in just 2 days

why the heck does my mom have to kick everyone out of the first floor forcing my dad to clutter every useless junk in the 2nd floor where i was forced to move, he never watches any of these VHS tapes or DVD's and he does't know what some of them even are since some are recordings he never labeled, putting this old candy/food that are most likely spoiled on the table i just cleared out and dusted off with no intention of eating them yet he still can;t install an "air purifier" with all this clutter dust his making even though he said his "allergic" to dust, we have a 3rd floor where he stores lots of things so if he doesn't want to sell or throw anything out he should just stuff EVERYTHING HE DOESN'T USE UP THERE, everytime i ask him why his putting junk like that there he doesn't want to tell me which really annoys me cause i need to know!     

Midnight Breeze

I put my PC on the operating table, popped it open and it didn't take long to figure out why my CPU was running so blisteringly hot. First of all the thermal compound at been reduced to little more than a crusty layer of dust between the CPU and heat sink. Hehe...not surprising, I've had this CPU for 5 years, that's about the lifespan of good thermal paste.

Secondly, there was about a half inch layer of caked-on dust underneath the heat sink's fan...I oughta be ashamed.  ono

So I drove down to Best Buy and picked up a syringe of thermal paste and cleaned the dust off the heat sink. My idle temperature dropped from 80 degrees down to 35 degrees. That's a MASTODONIC difference.

Hehe, how sad is it that I've been using the same CPU for so long that the thermal paste completely dried up and blew away? I need an upgrade...

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 16, 12:58:43
Would this all apply to laptops?
'Cause mine seems quite slow and hot. (I'm guessing it's slow due to the heat)
Aaannnddd mine's close to 6 years old, maybe older.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Sep 16, 14:24:43

Of course it would. Laptops have all the components desktops have, just more compact. Download speccy to test your temps.

Chibalt

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Sep 16, 14:24:43

The slowness could also be due to temporary files piling up a lot and slowing down your computer's processing power, download something like CCleaner and do a run, you should find quite a lot of bunched up files that would be good to remove.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

LostSanity

The thought of KH HD Remix 1.5 and 2.5 being harder than Persona 3 FES "The Answer" is stressing me out.

BADLY.

*cries in a corner*

:'(
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 16, 12:58:43
I put my PC on the operating table, popped it open and it didn't take long to figure out why my CPU was running so blisteringly hot. First of all the thermal compound at been reduced to little more than a crusty layer of dust between the CPU and heat sink. Hehe...not surprising, I've had this CPU for 5 years, that's about the lifespan of good thermal paste.

Secondly, there was about a half inch layer of caked-on dust underneath the heat sink's fan...I oughta be ashamed.  ono

I've been worrying about this gaming laptop I bought little while ago: when it first arrived I looked it over, but I can't really figure out if there's any way to crack it open beyond accessing the RAM.  Also reminding me I probably could have built an equally functional computer for a much lesser cost, but given how suddenly my old PC kicked the bucket I don't hate past me for the decision to just buy one.

Lync Volan

2015 Sep 17, 00:00:40 #17189 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 17, 15:08:19 by Lync Volan
Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Sep 16, 18:33:48
The thought of KH HD Remix 1.5 and 2.5 being harder than Persona 3 FES "The Answer" is stressing me out.

BADLY.

*cries in a corner*

:'(
if you don't want it hard why don't you play on normal/easy mode?
I already have the first remix and started it and it seems easier then when i played the first game on my Ps2 long ago, though i shouldn't jump to things given i haven't tried to finish it yet

Post Merge

So my computer just decided to start making this huge sound every now and then to bug me today, i tried asking the internet but everything is complicated!
i tried using the control panel thing to test every sound listed to see which program or whatever is making the sound but it does not seem to be listed anywhere

Stardust Dragon

Lots of irritations cropping up around one particular class of mine are making it VERY hard to care about it... I need this for my degree, but it's so painful to sit through and work on hw for that I swear some cosmic force is trying to tell me "don't take this class".  :s

In less dreary news, Let's Player Zisteau has been working on a co-op Terraria series for a while now and just decided to switch over to magic weapons.  Within the first four minutes he complains about not having a good long-range weapon...I can only pause the video and scream for two minutes about the fact that he already has three Heat Rays that are perfect for that task. :facehoof:

Lync Volan

I already went to New Jersey to go to a pony party but now that i want to go there to see my mother my dad won't let me ono

Midnight Breeze

I've been getting off early every day this week. Yesterday I actually got off 3 hours early.

RIP - my paycheck.

Chishio Kunrin

So, I have my DVR set to have a season pass for Steven Universe, which means it's supposed to record every new episode that comes out. But it didn't record yesterday's episode, and I don't know why.

I remembered people on Tumblr talking about how the official Steven Universe website has the episodes on it, so you can watch it in English and Spanish for free, but it's suggested that you turn off AdBlock so you'll be supporting them.

So, I thought "Alright, that's what I'll do."

:l So, here's what happened within the first minute of the episode.
I discovered that every time I clicked, to pause or play the episode, I got a popup ad.
And people in real life kept talking to me.
So, I kept having to pause and play.
And before I could get past the very beginning of the episode, I ended up with an ad for some online game popping up and playing audio of a female voice...
which told me "Warning: Do not enter this game unless you are 18 years of age."
:/
That immediately made me decide to stop using their website.

Crewniverse, clean up your website.

Howitzer

I've gotten my job to build up money to buy up WWII and Vietnam equipment to construct full uniforms, but after looking up the market value on most of the uniform pieces and some special equipment, it seems the helmet alone will cost a whole month's paycheck.     This is gettin' stressful.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Midnight Breeze

It bugs me the way tailed races never wear armor on their tails in RPGs. Do they just not care if it gets hacked off? Even when every other square inch of their body is covered in four-inch thick plate armor not a single jack is given about the tail.

It seems about as logical as a human charging into battle with one leg totally unarmored.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 19, 02:37:19It seems about as logical as a human charging into battle with one leg totally unarmored.
Same reason in countless RPG games there's someone who's basically in chain-male underwear and that's it...if there even is a reason...

Lync Volan

I don't know why my DVR is set to record certain series i never asked to record but it has done it twice already :s

i seem to have lost my Golden Daring Do figure and i can't seem to find it anywhere so far

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Sep 19, 02:57:14
Same reason in countless RPG games there's someone who's basically in chain-male underwear and that's it...if there even is a reason...

At least in RWBY, lack of armor makes sense because of aura. :P In order to start training to become a huntsman or huntress, you need to have your aura unlocked because, once it's unlocked, it passively coats your body to protect you from damage! Though, aura isn't unlimited. If you run out, you're in trouble.

Tournaments are safe to participate in, though. They have technology that senses how much aura someone has left, and it'll depict it as a meter. The fight is over when someone's aura goes into the red zone.

So, yeah, at least there, it makes perfect sense why so many characters are running around in normal clothing (though, some do wear armor). Thus, it also makes sense why "combat skirts" are a thing:
Weiss: Wait, you're fighting in the tournament? Forgive me, but you hardly look the part.
Blake: Says the girl wearing a dress.
Weiss: It's a combat skirt!
Ruby: *Slides over and high fives* Yeah!

Also, aura explains why people are able to fight using weapons that
1. Have hinges
2. Have hollow parts
3. Are made of glass (one character has done that)
4. Are pieces of food, such as loaves of bread
In volume 1, Pyrrha said that all of their tools and equipment are conduits for aura. So, basically, they can channel their aura into their weapons, to protect them from being damaged. That's how two characters fought each other with bread, and the bread didn't break until they threw it away.

Midnight Breeze

Another thing: it's ridiculous the way females of bestial races are portrayed 99% of the time. No matter how alien and brutish the males of a race look the females always just look like regular humans with an odd skin color and a few racial traits (horns, glowing eyes, ect).

I mean come on....

This is just...jarring!

News flash, game devs : not every female in the universe has to be attractive!

Props to Guild Wars 2 for breaking the mold with female charr, they're probably the most properly bestial females I've seen in any game. Sometimes I've mistaken some for males at first glance.

Go Up