Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Jan 05, 01:48:05
Witnessing a once in a life time thingy sounds AMAZING! though, unless someone managed to record the channel when it aired and put it online somehow X3

I think it aired during the olden days when cable didn't have Digital Video Recording.

*Sigh* Those days... I can't imagine having to live in those days again, when commercials were your only chance to take a bathroom break, and you had to make it fast and get back before the commercial break was over. We also didn't have a digital guide, so we had to flip channels or watch a guide slowly scroll up on channel 3. If you missed a new episode, you had to wait for the rerun.

Ugh, the people who insult new technology can shut up. I wouldn't go back to those days if you paid me!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jan 05, 02:07:58
I think it aired during the olden days when cable didn't have Digital Video Recording.

*Sigh* Those days... I can't imagine having to live in those days again, when commercials were your only chance to take a bathroom break, and you had to make it fast and get back before the commercial break was over. We also didn't have a digital guide, so we had to flip channels or watch a guide slowly scroll up on channel 3. If you missed a new episode, you had to wait for the rerun.

Ugh, the people who insult new technology can shut up. I wouldn't go back to those days if you paid me!
VHS recording was back then though and when i'm not in New York i gotta use it instead of the Cable recording

also don't forget the Dial up! cuttin off phones and such :P

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Jan 05, 01:48:05
Witnessing a once in a life time thingy sounds AMAZING! though, unless someone managed to record the channel when it aired and put it online somehow X3

That's actually how it got leaked a decade later. The hype surrounding the creepypasta prompted someone who recorded it on VHS to upload it on Reddit.

If it weren't for that Nickelodeon probably never would have admitted it was real. They had been denying its existence for a while, but after its leaking on the internet they suddenly said "Oh, would you look at that. We found the original footage just liking around! It was never banned, we just forgot about it." Then they re-aired it in 2013 with a more mature rating.

You can see the whole movie on youtube right now. Just search for it.

Pipkin

Just balances my finances now that my second installment of my school funding came through.  I don't even have enough money to cover tuition.  Still need books on top of that, rent, gas, food, insurance monthly, and it has to last until September.  I'll need to do math to see if my line of credit can handle that or I might need a second job while in school.

Thanks for the support my great government!

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Princess Darcy on 2016 Jan 05, 14:28:47
Just balances my finances now that my second installment of my school funding came through.  I don't even have enough money to cover tuition.  Still need books on top of that, rent, gas, food, insurance monthly, and it has to last until September.  I'll need to do math to see if my line of credit can handle that or I might need a second job while in school.

Thanks for the support my great government!

Why no student loans?

Sweet Brew

2016 Jan 06, 00:48:56 #17865 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 06, 03:15:09 by Sweet Brew
I hate it when something that ruins your mood happens and you know it'll happen again, it's someone else's fault and you can't do anything about it because it'll just make matters worse.

Someone once offered to give me a place to stay if I ran away from home.
Pretty tempting! =P

Eh, I'll be a good egg and stay strong through it, I just need to let off steam...and not like ranting or smashing things, but by making awesome stuff, turning that hard pain into a solid ground for something awesome, you know?

Working on the means to make that right now, once that's done things should go smoother.
But for now I need new shock absorbers! lol

I never want to be that guy who's just a morose derp, I feel like I've been in the past but eh...I'll be different now and who I want to be.

My hopes is where I'm going I can start anew, and be who I want to be from the start.
My story here ended last year, learned some awesome life lessons, and now I'm just sticking around to occupy my while I wait, and there's still a lot of good people here left!

That's another thing that annoys me...the forum has lost a lot of the glimmer...but that's life, all things die in time.
But many more wonderful things are created in time as well, I hope to be witnessing a wonder in life soon, something I can be proud of because I made it...not the stupid "I made it! It's all mine and I'm awesome!" but the "This is who I am." kind of "I made it", know what I mean?

Good gosh the moderator who has to read this is going to be annoyed at me...It's so darn long!
Haha, but eh...it's what the forum is meant for, for us to socialize and be ourselves.

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jan 05, 16:24:31
Why no student loans?

That is including my student loans.  They expect parents to help out their kids through school so they don't give enough for students who are completely on their own.

Greyscaleisme

I don't know why I'm still here.. I really don't have any reason to stay active on the place.. *sigh*
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2016 Jan 06, 11:59:51
I don't know why I'm still here.. I really don't have any reason to stay active on the place.. *sigh*
Me and you both! lol

Chishio Kunrin

I both love and hate that Rooster Teeth has started putting up sneak peeks for RWBY episodes every Wednesday.

I love it because I get to see a little preview of what we're in for that weekend.

But I hate it because sometimes it fills me with too much impatient hype or nervousness or both! I guess you could say, they sometimes make me nervousited. :')

Uuugh, the sneak peek for episode 8, though. Oh nooOOOOOO!!! NOOOOO!!! So many emotions! They're actually animating the characters with tears now (tears, as in crying)! And
*gasp*
Finally
Finally
They're going to talk about
Spoiler: show
*whispers* Raven Branwen. Yang's biological mother.
Yang is finally going to talk about her... to Qrow Branwen! Moment of truth! How will he react?! I've had a hunch since Volume 2 that he knows exactly why she left and what she's been doing! If my hunch is right, will he spill the beans or will he start acting suspicious and try to brush it off?!

Gaaaaaah, the hype, the curiosity, the dread of feeling sad feelings, the anticipation...!

Curse you, Rooster Teeth! DD:

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

My cousin finally stays over for January and there is a certain game i wanna play with him but its only available in the Playstation Store which has been under maintenance for the past 4 or 5 days, sadly i thought this game was a disc game but after rereading wiki i found out its a downloadable game on the Xbox/Playstation shops so if only i knew that a couple of weeks ago i would have gotten it already!
(Castle Crashers) 

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Jan 06, 22:29:20
My cousin finally stays over for January and there is a certain game i wanna play with him but its only available in the Playstation Store which has been under maintenance for the past 4 or 5 days, sadly i thought this game was a disc game but after rereading wiki i found out its a downloadable game on the Xbox/Playstation shops so if only i knew that a couple of weeks ago i would have gotten it already!
(Castle Crashers)
I think it's PC as well...on steam and stuff.

Stupid government people keep snooping on my business...
Not like how they normally do(and should) I mean like sending someone to our house to ask questions and get us to sign stuff and stuff!

No, we didn't do anything bad, we just have very little money and need to be on welfare.
Well, a lot of people abuse that here in America so the government needs to be really anti-personal spacey...

I don't blame them, but still...sucks... :x

Midnight Breeze

I'm having to switch to glasses because my contacts are getting uncomfortably thick and a habit of sleeping in them is not helping my eyes. This year my myopia worsened by almost 2 dioptres to -5.25/-5.75, which is considered severe. I could afford LASIK but I'm not a candidate because my vision isn't stable.

Adjusting to glasses isn't easy after 12 years of contact use. It looks like everything is convex and I have to turn my whole head instead of just move my eyes. What's more I've never driven with glasses before. I started wearing contacts before I started driving, so I'll need to adjust my driving habits accordingly.

I just hope my eyes don't get too much worse. If my prescription goes too much higher I'll need custom lenses, which are expensive. As it stands I had to pay $60 out of pocket with insurance for mid-range frames.

Lync Volan

Another one about my cousin.
My mom just HAD to lecture him about getting a job when he was planning to stay over and play for the whole month and now his back home because of her, she couldn't have just went to his house and lectured him when he wasn't hangin with me :l?
(like off my time!?)

Jcfraven

2016 Jan 08, 07:21:40 #17874 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 08, 07:28:15 by Jcfraven
Roleplayers with little to no understanding of pacing or conversational techniques. I don't expect everyone to have the most fluent possible grammar, I don't expect a perfect understanding of the English language, I don't expect an author-level ability to pace and describe, but a basic understanding of how to speak and keep a basic flow would be great.

Lync Volan

Basically any video game with a character leveling system
like i wanna win using skills and instinct not because my stats are OP DD:
Spoiler: i guess you can call this a rant? • show
i'd love a video game where when you level the only thing that happens is you unlock a cool new skill, it never gets stronger then it already is and it stays the same after everything is said and done, passive or attacks whatever! but with a limit! you can only have 4 of those skills on during battle (4 attack skills & 3 Passive skills), forcing everyone to pick the skills that suit there style best, if you care about stats so much! why not get rid of the stats getting higher trough leveling and just have a pre selection of which 3 or 2 stats you want your character to have heightened (basically if i pick speed my attacks and movement will be much faster then someone who didn't pick speed, if i pick Defence my blocking could resist more damage or my direct hits could take more damage then someone who didn't pick it, all from the start)

but if ya wanna be simple just add a description on what level you have to be to even stand a chance during the game and let us be able to choose previous levels to make our characters be so i can still enjoy the game after i leveled too high to have any fun anymore, i'd still have all the cool gadgets that come with leveling but none of the OP stats!

Admittedly i just beat the final boss in Kingdom Hearts Final mix and i was super disappointed to find out i was too high leveled to actually have any fun fightin him so it drove me to type this i guess?         

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Jan 08, 09:11:36
Basically any video game with a character leveling system
like i wanna win using skills and instinct not because my stats are OP DD:
Spoiler: i guess you can call this a rant? • show
i'd love a video game where when you level the only thing that happens is you unlock a cool new skill, it never gets stronger then it already is and it stays the same after everything is said and done, passive or attacks whatever! but with a limit! you can only have 4 of those skills on during battle (4 attack skills & 3 Passive skills), forcing everyone to pick the skills that suit there style best, if you care about stats so much! why not get rid of the stats getting higher trough leveling and just have a pre selection of which 3 or 2 stats you want your character to have heightened (basically if i pick speed my attacks and movement will be much faster then someone who didn't pick speed, if i pick Defence my blocking could resist more damage or my direct hits could take more damage then someone who didn't pick it, all from the start)

but if ya wanna be simple just add a description on what level you have to be to even stand a chance during the game and let us be able to choose previous levels to make our characters be so i can still enjoy the game after i leveled too high to have any fun anymore, i'd still have all the cool gadgets that come with leveling but none of the OP stats!

Admittedly i just beat the final boss in Kingdom Hearts Final mix and i was super disappointed to find out i was too high leveled to actually have any fun fightin him so it drove me to type this i guess?         

Monster hunter did it well I thought.
The reason your stats boost is because you get better armor, your characters base stats never get any better so using low level gear is like being a low level derp again, in addition there are plenty of different weapons you can use, but they take a lot of skill to use and master, it take a real hardcore fan to master all of them, usually no one can because they're so different.

It's a great game series, you should look it up.

Grizzly

When you like really really really really need to pee, but someone gets to the bathroom before you and then you have to hold it and wait. Annoying! *grumpy*
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Midnight Breeze

I've been playing Fallout 4 extensively for the past month and I just can't get immersed in the world because it's just not a believable post-apocalyptic world. I mean come on, it's been 210 years since the world got nuked yet humanity has done buck all to rebuild society. It literally looks like the bombs just hit yesterday. There's still no central government. No civil services. No manufacturing. No nothing. I mean for God's sake, there's still skeletons literally EVERYWHERE lying in the exact same position they were in when the bombs hit. Has not one single person in the past 2 centuries been motivated enough to want to clean up the world and start anew?

Also, there are houses and apartment buildings still standing yet everyone lives in shanty towns made of plywood and corrugated metal. Seriously, what the heck?

This is exactly why I sided with the Institute. Their methods may be questionable, but at least they're actually doing something. The rest of humanity is sitting on their thumbs doing nothing for the world. The Railroad seems noble on the surface, but they have no plan for the future of the world. All they care about is liberating synths and don't care how many innocent people they have to kill to do it. Then they just set them loose and they become raiders and junk. And don't even get me started on the Brotherhood of Steel. They think they can solve all their problems by shooting at them.

Compare that to the institute - clean, well-fed, quality healthcare, quality housing, poverty nonexistant. So why does the commonwealth hate them? I'd welcome the institute taking over.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jan 09, 03:04:34
America was built to where it in now in only 300 years...
I could see how that'd be hard to believe.

Go Up