Lets talk about Spyro

Started by lazyloll, 2015 Feb 06, 13:46:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

lazyloll

So I see pokemon, Legend of Zelda discussions.

Who is a Spyro fan ?!

I have played and finished every Spyro game that came out for Playstation 1 and up~

Who else is out there ?!  :3

-ReiMar-

My OC's wings are Spyro-inspired)
:]

This game was lotsa fun, I'd like to have a new title for it)
:D

lazyloll

@-ReiMar-

That's so cool ! I'm in love with Spyro.

It's sad that they couldn't make a MMORPG of SPyro. I would've LOVED that ! They just came back with the Skylanders version of Spyro. I think that's such a dumb version of Spyro..

-ReiMar-

Ye, my OC can't fly, just glide. Wings are too small to pull the body to sky)

MMORPGs take away a lot of charm from games. Instead of a chosen hero saving the world, you are treated as one while billions of other "heroes" run around in clown outfits, dancing into each other's faces~ Tis dumb. ^^" Something like Dragon Age Inquisition could've been better. A somewhat open world to explore, but you are still the most important thing in it)
:D

lazyloll

@-ReiMar-

That's true, that it takes away the charm of the game.

I just like the chance to make a customization part of creating your own character and being able to play around with it in this open world with many other people with you. (I Don't find many games In that form though, Legends of Equestria is the one game I found to my liking so far)

I've never played Dragon Age Inquisition before..What is that about ?

-ReiMar-

Welcome to the Earth, buddy) XD Dragon Age Inquisition is #1 RPG of this year))
lol
Tis has all but other people ruining the fun) Tho if you're a youngster, do know tis Rated 18+. Cause blood and stuff~

I don't like playing with other people much, got that thing from school. If the game is heavily multiplayer-oriented with no single player, chances are high that I won't play it at all. For lack of MLP games, I found my way here) Tis ok, tho not much to do if you're alone for now)

Weremetalwolf

Oh dear, I remember when spyro first came out on ps1, what was it? 1998-1999? Heh, I can't really remember but I remember how much I loved that series when I was a kid (yeah, because I'm old now lol ). I personally don't like how they changed his style in Skylanders. To me, they went too far away from how Spyro looked in the first games. I mean, look how cute he was in the first games and then look how he then changed in skykanders. It's just so... different.
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

LostSanity

I like the games. I just never played them myself. They looked pretty fun though when I watched Let's Plays of them though.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

lazyloll

@Weremetalwolf

I really dislike the Skylanders version, I've been with spyro since the beggining and it's just a terrible spin-off.

I do like one of the newer versions, 'The legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon' They still kept his image but modernized it. That was my favorite, considering it was also two player.

@LostSanity

You should really play them. It's just overall a fun game. :3

Weremetalwolf

I don't think I would ever get into Skylander after seeing how spyro looks in there. I grew up with Spyro series and looking how he changed like that it's just... ugh.
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

lazyloll

@Weremetalwolf

Exactly ! I know what that feeling is and it's terrible. Nothing else besides the Original series can fulfill my Spyro game craving.  :nod:

Shadow Mare

The amout of butt hurtness about Spyro being in Skylanders is disgusting. If you want to play the old Spyro games, THEN GO PLAY THEM. I happen to love Skylanders.

lazyloll

@Shadowmare

There's no butthurtness about Spyro being in Skylanders. I happen to like Skylanders, too. I played it for the longest time until there were too many portals to buy and it cost too much money..

I'm saying just the fact Spyro is in the game and how they recreated him is a terrible design from the original, how he is supposed to look.

No bashing on Skylanders.  :3

Murano

I like Skylanders, although I find it quite easy.    :/

I've not played every Spyro game but Spyro the Dragon was one of the first games I played back in the Sony PlayStation days, and I thought Dawn of the Dragon on the 360 was cool especially since you could fly unlike in other Spyro games.   I do hope more Spyro games are made in the future, or who knows maybe a Cynder game.    :3

Chromastone64

Me and my friend love Spyro TO DEATH, although he's not a fan of Skylanders. I on the other hand, have two whole boxes of the things X3
The Legend series is our favourite. The ending of Dawn Of The Dragon is the only video game ending that actually made me cry.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

LostSanity

Quote from: lazyloll on 2015 Feb 06, 19:12:35
@LostSanity

You should really play them. It's just overall a fun game. :3

There's a few problems with doing that.

1. I don't have enough money for ALL of them
2. Even if I did, they're pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to find now

So... yeah...

:s

Shadow Mare

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Feb 07, 18:18:34
There's a few problems with doing that.

1. I don't have enough money for ALL of them
2. Even if I did, they're pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to find now

So... yeah...

:s

Ebay and Amazon are the key.

Pipkin

I just bought a PS3 a couple days ago and literally squee'd with joy when I found the old Spyro games on PSN.  I'm working on Year of the Dragon right now as that was the one I remember playing....was it really 14 years ago...wow

LostSanity

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2015 Feb 07, 18:30:41
Ebay and Amazon are the key.

That's true. However there's a problem with that which is something I forgot to mention before.

They are more than likely UNBELIEVABLY expensive on there. WAY too expensive.

>:/

Chromastone64

I remember I got Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (or Gateway To Glimmer) a while back on PS3. I'm not quite sure if we ever beat it when we were younger on PS1. I love the final boss theme.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Go Up