This bot checking thing is getting ridiculous.

Started by Tiger, 2012 Jul 19, 23:38:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tiger

It's getting ridiculous okay? I've had to do that test to ensure the website I wasn't a bot like 15 times now. And I'm not even posting that much! I'm just opening many tabs and topics to see what's been posted. Honestly, it's getting to be too much. It bothered me when I wanted to make the OOC board for my new roleplay and when I finished that checking thing I forgot what I wanted to do ._. Can it be a little bit less trigger happy?

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Liska

Tiger

2012 Jul 20, 01:26:20 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 20, 01:28:04 by Tiger
It's the anti-spam thing that checks for spam bots, asks me to do simple sums like 1+2 or 2+4. It gets annoying after a while and sometimes erases what I've typed for a reply and I have to type it all over again ._. I'll put up a screenshot...

Excuse the desktop ponies...

PrincessButton

That's really weird.. I've NEVER seen that before, I didn't know that the spam bot checker did that.  :I
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Tiger

And this isn't the first time. It's done that once before, but that was a long time ago. And now IT BOMBARDS ME WITH SIMPLE MATH QUESTIONS ovO

PrincessButton

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 20, 05:14:32
And this isn't the first time. It's done that once before, but that was a long time ago. And now IT BOMBARDS ME WITH SIMPLE MATH QUESTIONS ovO
You're just...soo..suspicious!  ovO
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Giggle Tail

2012 Jul 20, 09:20:51 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 20, 10:33:50 by Giggle Tail
I'm guessing the "multiple tabs" thing has something to do with it, because I've never had that happen at all....

...Or I suppose it could be the desktop ponies somehow, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Oh, just now payed close attention to the screenshot.  When you said multiple tabs, for some reason I thought you meant multiple tabs of the forum.  I always have multiple tabs for different sites open too, so it's definitely not that :P
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Lary

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Zaner-Boy

SweBow

Check your PM tiger.

Your IP is a famous spammer IP. You need to virus check your computer and call your ISP whats wrong.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 20, 10:29:29
Check your PM tiger.

Your IP is a famous spammer IP. You need to virus check your computer and call your ISP whats wrong.
that sure doesn't sound good :I  good luck with your computer, Tiger.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Lary

Check your PM tiger.

Don't you mean infamous?

SweBow

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 20, 12:18:31
Check your PM tiger.

Don't you mean infamous?

No famous, all of her IPs are marked as being a spammer. My best guess is the ISP use a Proxy and thats why she is marked as a spammer even if her computer might be clean.

Blues-Music

Lary

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 20, 16:57:15
Wierd I don't see Tiger spam posts.

No, but spammers are using her IP; most likely through a proxy.

Lord of Madness

dident this also happen to her A LONG time ago?

Tiger

Well, this is bad >_> I don't know anyone with tech stuff like that so I suppose I'll have to check with my brother...
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 20, 17:14:11
dident this also happen to her A LONG time ago?

Yes, yes it did. But it wasn't THIS much!

Tekner

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 20, 15:03:28
No famous
No, infamous. Famous means well known for a good reason, while infamous means well known for a bad reason. It's an english thing, SweBow ^-^.
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 20, 15:03:28
all of her IPs are marked as being a spammer. My best guess is the ISP use a Proxy and thats why she is marked as a spammer even if her computer might be clean.
You should listen to SweBow. He is an IT for a living.

SweBow

27 = Threat level (High!)
22 and 75 = Last activity

First yes = Suspect of being a spammer
Second Yes = Content spammer

This is a Honeypot, we do not control this list. You or someone else must been caught by a lot of honeypots before getting blacklisted.

Tiger

Well, I really don't know what's going on with my computer... I-I'll need to check it later... I-I'm going to cheeck my posts and see if my account spammed things by itself  >.<

Go Up