Post Preview Formatting

Started by Tekner, 2012 Jun 20, 14:42:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tekner

This is a weird bug that probably means nothing. I can't figure out why it would happen. I was looking over the Pony Off-Topic board when I moused over the "I know where alicorns came from" thread and saw the syntactical mistake. I'm assuming the mistake at the end was that it was trying to print ' and got cut off. I looked at every single other thread and couldn't find such a typo. The only uncommon denominator in this particular thread is that it got cut off, as opposed to the apostrophe being in the middle of a post. I don't know how the post preview parser functions, but if it iterates over the OP, translates it, and prints it to the preview box, always checking if it's printing past a threshold, then maybe it got stuck between the translating and "thresholding" part and didn't finish the job. That's all I can think of :\

HerpyDooves

This also happens to me to. I think it's just the way it's displayed, ya know, in that mouse-over box.

Tekner

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jun 20, 16:48:19
This also happens to me to. I think it's just the way it's displayed, ya know, in that mouse-over box.
Yeah. It may be that one thread for all we know. However, that still means that something in the website code is allowing that to happen, and it needs to be fixed. Well, it could be ignored too; it isn't that big of a problem. Meh 0:)

Lord of Madness

lets just hope that right now this is not an underlying symptom of a huge and at the moment very hidden catastrophic programming error that has not been seen yet.

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jun 20, 22:26:22
lets just hope that right now this is not an underlying symptom of a huge and at the moment very hidden catastrophic programming error that has not been seen yet.

*Faints*

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Jun 20, 17:03:30
Yeah. It may be that one thread for all we know. However, that still means that something in the website code is allowing that to happen, and it needs to be fixed. Well, it could be ignored too; it isn't that big of a problem. Meh 0:)
you're the programmer x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Tekner

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 01:53:06
you're the programmer x3
*Ahem* Game programmer ;)
The moment I touch the website code... Um, Yeah... Let's just say big, physically impossible, and reality fabric ripping 'splosions will happen :I
Hehe.... Heh.. heh. :D

...That's a no-no.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Jun 21, 21:51:47
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 01:53:06
you're the programmer x3
*Ahem* Game programmer ;)
The moment I touch the website code... Um, Yeah... Let's just say big, physically impossible, and reality fabric ripping 'splosions will happen :I
Hehe.... Heh.. heh. :D

...That's a no-no.
oh... x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Tekner

I found another post with the exact same bug.

Liska

Tekner

McSleuthburger

are we done with this thread then?
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Liska

Yep. Moving to.. well it isn't resolved.. but I'll move it there anyways.

Go Up