Do you prefer endless scrolling or pages?

Started by Liska, 2013 Oct 19, 00:13:59

previous topic - next topic

Endless scrolling or pages?

Pages!
13 (81.3%)
Endless scrolling!
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

Liska

Hey, guys. (This isn't related to anything regarding the forums or site.)

When you're browsing a website, do you like it when they continue loading content - resulting in endless scrolling, or do you prefer clicking on pages?

I personally prefer pages. I like using the scrollbar when scrolling sometimes; endless scrolling messes up my scrollbar size and then I accidentally hover over the "Show Desktop" button. Eugh.

So how about you?  0:)

Rissian

I prefer pages. Endless scrolling really sucks when you want to find specific topics or posts. And it's also taxing on PC's with low RAM. My own PC with 6GB starting racking up how much RAM was being used when browsing tumblr on larger subjects that go on forever.  DD:

blobking156

the problem with pages is you have to wait for the next one to load. i'd rather just scroll down indefinitely.

Night Pony

The problem with the endless scrolling is when you are to somewhere 50+ page content, if you click either back or forward by accident, you have to do the scrolling all over again to get where you were.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

blobking156

Back or forward buttons? in the websites I usewith endless scrolling there's an "go to top button" but my mouse is rarely over it.

Night Pony

*scroll scroll scroll* "Ooh what a nice post!" *click*
*Goes back to the endless page but at the top* "ugh." *Commence new scrolling to get where you were.*

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Aerodash

Pages are definitely worth the inconvenience of the need to navigate numbered links. It's a bunch easier to locate old posts ^^

Jenzy

As I would like to just scroll through everything to locate or just going and looking through various things, I would very much just stick to pages.

Like earlier said, when you go forward or backward, you often have to start over from the very beginning. And it indeed is a slow-down on the computer's speed when a lot of content has loaded.

You can of course "middle click" or "Ctrl+click" on an item, but with all the loaded content of the endless scrolling page still is a huge slowdown...

I would go for Pages and sacrifice not having to have endless scrolling for faster loading speeds.

Teal Turken

I very much prefer pages for the convenience! Quickly go to the page with posts you want to see, easily return where you were and other reasons!

Go Up