Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Oct 10, 21:34:09
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 10, 03:13:34
Do you like RPGs? You could try some if you haven's already e.g. Final Fantasy, The Elder Scrolls, Nier, something else?

Eh.. I dunno. I tried playing Skyrim, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any Final Fantasy, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Start with XIII, it's where I started. <3

Then I suggest you play XIII-2, XIII-3 and the rest in any order (Keep in mind X has a second game too, X-2)! :)

I have yet to play IV, X-2 and XII... But I have finished all the other Final Fantasies in the main series so I definitely recommend XIII to start. ^-^
Purr~

Ramisha

Oh oh oh try Dragon Age. The first game is free on Origin.
Also as I mentioned dragon age...

WELL I HATE YOU TOO. Jerk.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 11, 02:01:43
Oh oh oh try Dragon Age. The first game is free on Origin.
Also as I mentioned dragon age...

WELL I HATE YOU TOO. Jerk.

I wish Alistair was female...

I played Dragon Age as a male city elf and didn't romance anyone. Leliana isn't my type and Morrigan needs no explanation. If Alistair was a girl, I would totally romance him.

Cormac117

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Oct 10, 21:42:18
Do you like RPGs? You could try some if you haven's already e.g. Final Fantasy, The Elder Scrolls, Nier, something else?

Eh.. I dunno. I tried playing Skyrim, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any Final Fantasy, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Then I suggest you play XIII-2, XIII-3 and the rest in any order (Keep in mind X has a second game too, X-2)! :)

I have yet to play IV, X-2 and XII... But I have finished all the other Final Fantasies in the main series so I definitely recommend XIII to start. ^-^

Waaaaaait!? You actually like the 13 trilogy! Me too! It gets way too much hate.
Made a new account: Sunshine Smash.

Julius

Quote from: Cormac117 on 2014 Oct 11, 02:09:49

Waaaaaait!? You actually like the 13 trilogy! Me too! It gets way too much hate.

XIII Is actually my favorite game ever! 0:)
Purr~

Cormac117

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Oct 11, 02:28:52

XIII Is actually my favorite game ever! 0:)
Well hey! Look at that! It might not be my favorite game but it's way up there, in the top 5 maybe.
Made a new account: Sunshine Smash.

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 11, 02:06:28
I played Dragon Age as a male city elf and didn't romance anyone. Leliana isn't my type and Morrigan needs no explanation. If Alistair was a girl, I would totally romance him.

I read somewhere that he breaks up with you if you are an elf. Guess what race I am. But that's ok, I'm not planning on having a romance with anyone, it's kind of... weird because I designed the character after myself.
And it's hard to make him my friend because he's already on -5 of the like scale whatever thing  >:O it seems that if you don't say "yes I completely utterly agree with you you are the best I could not have said it better myself" he disapproves.

MischiefHowl

Kingdom Hearts 1 where you are forced to watch a 20 hour cut scene, lose and have to watch it all over again.
Or a game with no auto-save where you're doing amazing... and then you die.. aka 6 hours wasted.

Chromastone64

XIII's one of my favorites too! Granted, my fav FF is IX, but FF XIII-2 was AMAZING!!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Ramisha

My favorite is FF6 x3 don't hate me...

Julius

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 11, 08:39:00
My favorite is FF6 x3 don't hate me...

Why would anyone hate you for loving such an amazing game? ;)

Anyway, I hate the fact I got no time to play anything other than my 3DS lately...
Purr~

Chack

I feel like I'd be missing a WHOLE lot of story if I started with XIII. How many games are in Final Fantasy? Like, 15 or so?
How much am I missing here? I don't wanna go this late into a game series and not know who anyone is or what is happening. I literally cannot name any of the characters.
Wait for it...

Ramisha

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Oct 11, 21:59:46
I feel like I'd be missing a WHOLE lot of story if I started with XIII. How many games are in Final Fantasy? Like, 15 or so?
How much am I missing here? I don't wanna go this late into a game series and not know who anyone is or what is happening. I literally cannot name any of the characters.

Umm, the games are not related really - each one has its own story so you can play whichever you like. Each one is set in a different (but similar) universe and I'm sure you won't miss anything except for a few easter eggs.

Dark Hooves

the only FF games i know of that are connected are FFX and FFX2
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Julius

The only direct sequels are those with the same number in the title, so for example, X and X-2 or XIII, XIII-2 and XIII-3. :)
Purr~

PrincessButton

[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Randam Saiko

I love the Xcom games, but there are so many times where I just wanna punch my monitor.
IE:
-The hit rate says 80%, but actually means, "miss!"
-Your entire squad used overwatch and an enemy is caught in the trap? No problem, they dodge all 6 shots!
-Your troop is in firing position and can kill the enemy? Nope! You're out of ammo!
-The sniper with squadsight cannot shoot the enemy within the description's specified range.
-New enemies have appeared! Your team is flanked!
Spoiler: The description for Impossible mode speaks for itself. • show

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Zsaszz

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Oct 19, 22:09:49
I love the Xcom games, but there are so many times where I just wanna punch my monitor.
IE:
-Your entire squad used overwatch and an enemy is caught in the trap? No problem, they dodge all 6 shots!
-Your troop is in firing position and can kill the enemy? Nope! You're out of ammo!
-The sniper with squadsight cannot shoot the enemy within the description's specified range.

for me one of the most annoying enemies in xcom are the cryssalid, if they "beat" one of your crew members, they get zombified, and if you are not able to beat that zombie in the next 3 turns they turn into a new chrysalid, really??, like if you don't have enough problems dealing with the original ones you have to take care of more??, in the early games when the first chrysalid appear if they "take down" anyone of your crew and make him a zombie, you pretty much lost that match, and that gets really annoying pretty fast.

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Zsaszz on 2014 Oct 20, 01:21:21
Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Oct 19, 22:09:49
IE:

for me one of the most annoying enemies in xcom are the cryssalid, if they "beat" one of your crew members, they get zombified, and if you are not able to beat that zombie in the next 3 turns they turn into a new chrysalid, really??, like if you don't have enough problems dealing with the original ones you have to take care of more??, in the early games when the first chrysalid appear if they "take down" anyone of your crew and make him a zombie, you pretty much lost that match, and that gets really annoying pretty fast.

Spoiler: Enemy Within Spoiler • show
The Site Recon mission is literally a plant the bomb in the center of the cryssalid nest and get out. After breaking into the ship where the hive is located, you have 8 turns to get into the evacuation zone or everyone dies. Not only does the time limit and endless spawning from the hive nest stress you out to no end, you also have that one soldier trapped on the second floor being overran with cryssalids and they're also spawning from every side each turn.

^There's a mission where it's an absolute cryssalid nightmare.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

LegendOfZelda

You are playing Mario Kart Wii. You in first place when suddenly...A BLUE SHELL HITS YOU RIGHT BEFORE YOU CROSS THE FINISHING LINE AND YOU COME LAST.  :D
Notice me senpai... ;_;

Go Up