Extremely Long Haired Unnamed Mare

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2012 Aug 07, 23:07:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

2012 Aug 07, 23:07:37 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 11, 19:29:14 by Zygrograxgra
Yeah, she doesn't have a name and she needs one. Nothing generic or too referencing, and that means nothing involving Rapunzel. Ever. And because I have no idea what the colors would be called, I'm giving hex codes. And all measurements are in what would be relative to ponies.

Name: TBD
Race: Pegasus
Coat color: A pretty, nice shade of lime and pink smooshed together. Hex code DFE56E
Mane/tail color: Even stripes of a purplish color and black. Hex codes A75A94 and 000000
Eye color: A very dark color, somewhat like black, but it isn't. Hex code 211137
Cutiemark: A pink and black hairbrush and a mirror
Home: Some small town between Canterlot and Manehattan. So no, she does not live in Ponyville.

Thanks for the pic Cutiebone! Still a name in progress though.

She's a pretty normal, if a little vain, pony for the most part, a hairdresser with a rather large house to her name. The main things about her (c wut I did thar?) are her mane and tail. They're extremely long. Not five feet, not ten feet. Over fifty feet each. She spent such an extremely long amount of time as a foal caring for her body that she mastered the art and found it as her talent. After that, she began to try and find out how to make manes even longer, harder to get dirty, and smoother, using herself as a test subject. She actually did manage to figure out a decent way to do so, though it takes a long while to work and requires frequent care.
She's tall. Obviously not Celestia tall, but still tall enough to need to look down a bit to to look into somepony's eyes. Along with this tallness, she is very thin, though most don't realize this due to her thick coat.
Her coat is very thick and soft, you could easily lose yourself in it. It's about four, five inches thick actually, and about seven inches thick around the base of her neck to between her front legs.
Surprisingly, it's not dirty in the slightest.
Now on to the big parts, her mane and tail. Each is over a whopping fifty feet long, and are scary clean and silky smooth. When she walks (she never runs. Ever.) they drag on the ground, and when she flies (gently, of course) they give her a neat little trail of her own.

Her daily schedule is usually the following.
5:00-5:09 AM: Wake up
5:10-5:20 AM: Have breakfast
5:21-6:20 AM: Carefully bathe and groom self
6:21-11:00 AM: Work salon
11:01 AM to 12:10 PM: Have lunch
12:01-12:30 PM: More careful grooming
12:31-4:00 PM: More salon work
4:01-8:00 PM: Whatever really. Shopping, chatting, walking, etc.
8:01-8:20 PM: Dinner. What else?
8:21-9:20 PM: Bathing again and more grooming, and if it's that time of the week adding a little special formula to make it just a little longer and better.
The rest is all sleep.

She was born in Las Pegasus, and did live there for about a decade. Of course, she had to move away due to reporters always being in her face, trying to get her to spill all her secrets on how she was managing to be so fluffy and clean. Fortunately, her family was already planning on leaving for other reasons, though they were planning on going all the way to Manehattan, where she lived for another uneventful six years. By then, she was old enough to go live on her own, so she just went out flying until she came upon a nice little field at roughly the same time as some others who had come to set up home there. The town slowly started growing, and she set up a salon using her expertise. Now there's the occasional out of town customer, just enough of them to keep the place going.

Personality wise, she's sweet and gentle, though she kinda needs to be so she doesn't damage her looks. Normally she's fine with incessant poking and all sorts of stuff like that, but damaging her appearance is the fastest way to make her smash your face with a shampoo bottle. So yes, she is full of her looks, though the worst you'll get if you insult them is an angry glare. Also, she loves snuggling with others, preferring to be the one snuggled against. She doesn't really understand personal space, actually. She'll brush against you, give random hugs, glomp, all sorts of stuff even if she's just met you, leading to quite a lot of irritation for those who don't know her.
She tends to put herself in front of others, despite how caring she is. She won't put her voice above normal talking unless she gets really angry, which only ever happens when someone damages her looks. So yes, she is vain. Extremely. However, she also wants others to look their best.
She's actually fine with others walking on and through her hair, as that doesn't do any harm and it does often get in the way otherwise. She often lets others use it as a blanket, actually.

She does not have a husband or children, instead opting to live alone for now. Inside, there's all the coat, mane, and tail care products you'll ever imagine. The rooms are also very large.

If you were to ask her what the worst thing about having a lot of fur is, she would likely say that everypony who's cold just keeps on following her even when she wants to be alone.

So yeah, she needs a name, and is most likely not yet complete in various other ways.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Stitchin Time

I don't even. And for a name suggestion, Velvet Locks.

Zygrograxgra

Added a picture from Cutiebone, this needs more people. I spent a long while making this character, why do all my threads of this type go unappreciated?
D:

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Stitchin Time

I guess nopony notices posts of this type anyway. My OC pages never get any attention, and some of them I spend hours on.  :c

Thetracker3

First:  :l 50 feet long... seems like she would spend her entire day keeping her mane and tail clean... especially if she lets them drag along the ground.
Second: I realize that it's your character and you're free to do with her as you see fit. It's just there should be a certain bit of realism behind it... 50 feet seems a bit unrealistic.
Third: Sorry for complaining, it's just sorta in my nature.
Fourth: I really like making lists like this, it is also in my nature.
Fifth: No idea why your posts are unappreciated, and does it really matter that much?
Sixth: Really like how you planned out her daily life... you really went into detail. (i also love how her schedule gives her almost 10 minutes to wake up)
Seventh: she is one of the more interesting OC's I've seen.
Pity Anti-bronies, for they don't know the love of The Herd.

Pet's name: Fëanáro
Ultimate brony survey: http://derpy.me/UBS2012

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Thetracker3 on 2012 Aug 13, 11:41:56
First:  :l 50 feet long... seems like she would spend her entire day keeping her mane and tail clean... especially if she lets them drag along the ground.
Second: I realize that it's your character and you're free to do with her as you see fit. It's just there should be a certain bit of realism behind it... 50 feet seems a bit unrealistic.
Third: Sorry for complaining, it's just sorta in my nature.
Fourth: I really like making lists like this, it is also in my nature.
Fifth: No idea why your posts are unappreciated, and does it really matter that much?
Sixth: Really like how you planned out her daily life... you really went into detail. (i also love how her schedule gives her almost 10 minutes to wake up)
Seventh: she is one of the more interesting OC's I've seen.

1&2: When I made this character I had one thought in my head at the start.
Spoiler: SPOILER ALERT • show
It was hair.

Like the thing says, she has ways.
3: It's in my nature to complain too.
5: Not really
6: :D
7: Thanks

:V

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Snowy

Interesting! I really like it! Cant really think of a name now  X3 But i'm sure somepony will come up with a good one.
((Thanks everyone for the pictures ^-^))

Cutiebone

This section is where you put original characters for rping, so unless you rp with her not many people are going to get attracted...
Think it's a great OC idea though
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Go Up