Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snarfgsnor

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 02, 17:06:18
Humans!

As a wise man once said: "People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You  must be disgusting too!"  0:)

wise? whats wise about hating and discust?
i would rather say a pesimist or a negative person :]

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

lurk852

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 02, 17:10:07
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 02, 17:06:18
Humans!

As a wise man once said: "People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You  must be disgusting too!"  0:)

wise? whats wise about hating and discust?
i would rather say a pesimist or a negative person :]

I was only 56% serious :P

That, and the fact that "as a wise man once said" is the perfect way to preface any quote. :]
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Lord of Madness

a wise man once said... potato..

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Equestrian on 2012 Jun 02, 15:14:34
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 02, 14:59:28
Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2012 Jun 02, 04:25:13
Family opening my door, but not closing it the same way it was before. I often have my door almost closed, and I hate when its like that and they close it. And same for if it was closed and they leave it open when leaving my room. OCD.

When my mom comes in my room while I'm asleep, whether it's at night or in the morning, and then leaves, if she closes the door to where it doesn't click into place and you can just push or pull it open, it annoys me. Our cats always know when the door is like that, so they'll just push it open and come in. My room's off-limits to cats, dogs, and people, after all. :/

The guy whose "brilliant" idea it was to breed bees and accidentally invent Africanized Bees. Great job, man. You created extremely hateful, super territorial, merciless murder bees who will send the whole darn hive after you and kill you.

Parasites. They actually have no purpose or use in the world, so why must they exist? I understand bees' existence. I understand ants' existence, as much as I hate ants. What's up with parasites, though, other than to make organisms suffer?

You under the reason for the existence of ants? :l
Tell me then.
Ants invade other, perfectly functioning ecosystems that don't have ants, and tear them apart. Animals have gone extinct because of ants >:(

I tolerate vermin. I can't stand the large ones.
Lets say you've got a little tiny ant eating your leftover crumbs. Aww that's cute. But those gigantic ones the size of... of... a really big ant. KILL IT WITH FIRE! >:(

Ant tunnels make air for the earth to breathe. And EVERYTHING will go extinct whether you like it or not!

Lord of Madness

i dislike the fact that no matter what happens one day we will all cease to exist  :I DARN YOU LOGIC!!!!

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jun 02, 17:31:26
i dislike the fact that no matter what happens one day we will all cease to exist  :I DARN YOU LOGIC!!!!

i have to agree on that one. but i stopped thinking about it a looong time ago. and now you brought it up in my brain again :c

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Rainy-Chan

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jun 02, 17:31:26

i like it, its comforting to know that you dont have to live forever.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jun 02, 17:33:21 #47 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 02, 17:35:37 by Chishio Kunrin
Spoiler: show
Family opening my door, but not closing it the same way it was before. I often have my door almost closed, and I hate when its like that and they close it. And same for if it was closed and they leave it open when leaving my room. OCD.

When my mom comes in my room while I'm asleep, whether it's at night or in the morning, and then leaves, if she closes the door to where it doesn't click into place and you can just push or pull it open, it annoys me. Our cats always know when the door is like that, so they'll just push it open and come in. My room's off-limits to cats, dogs, and people, after all. :/

The guy whose "brilliant" idea it was to breed bees and accidentally invent Africanized Bees. Great job, man. You created extremely hateful, super territorial, merciless murder bees who will send the whole darn hive after you and kill you.

Parasites. They actually have no purpose or use in the world, so why must they exist? I understand bees' existence. I understand ants' existence, as much as I hate ants. What's up with parasites, though, other than to make organisms suffer?

Tell me then.
Ants invade other, perfectly functioning ecosystems that don't have ants, and tear them apart. Animals have gone extinct because of ants >:(

Lets say you've got a little tiny ant eating your leftover crumbs. Aww that's cute. But those gigantic ones the size of... of... a really big ant. KILL IT WITH FIRE! >:(

Ants help decompose things, and they probably even eat vomit.

There are other creatures that tear up ecosystems simply because they somehow got there from another place. I think there's a town or state or something here in America where people had a pest problem so they imported a type of frog, and now those frogs have begun overrunning the place and throwing their ecosystem out of balance.
Africanized Bees are a huge problem, too, though that's mostly because they come at you with everything they've got just for so much as walking within several feet of their hive. So many of them sting you that they quickly inject enough venom to kill you.
There's an African rat beginning to invade America, as well, and it's huge. Seriously.. huge.
Spoiler: A man holding one of the rats I'm talking about • show

The reason the guy in that photo is wearing a mask is because they're at a mine field. The rats are actually useful in Africa, where they train them to detect mines without triggering explosions. But here in America, they cause trouble and scare the crud out of people.

tl;dr: A lot of species start causing trouble for an ecosystem when they've been transported there from somewhere else.

[Edit]: The rats are called giant pouched rat, and apparently they can also detect tuberculosis. Neat. How do you know you have one? Well, it's... giant... and most of its tail is black/gray, but the end is pink.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 02, 17:33:21

Tell me then.

Ants help decompose things, and they probably even eat vomit.

There are other creatures that tear up ecosystems simply because they somehow got there from another place. I think there's a town or state or something here in America where people had a pest problem so they imported a type of frog, and now those frogs have begun overrunning the place and throwing their ecosystem out of balance.
Africanized Bees are a huge problem, too, though that's mostly because they come at you with everything they've got just for so much as walking within several feet of their hive. So many of them sting you that they quickly inject enough venom to kill you.
There's an African rat beginning to invade America, as well, and it's huge. Seriously.. huge.
Spoiler: A man holding one of the rats I'm talking about • show

The reason the guy in that photo is wearing a mask is because they're at a mine field. The rats are actually useful in Africa, where they train them to detect mines without triggering explosions. But here in America, they cause trouble and scare the crud out of people.

tl;dr: A lot of species start causing trouble for an ecosystem when they've been transported there from somewhere else.

australia is actully the biggest example of that. well if humans were involved. i cant remeber what species they actully released in the wild there. but it ended up with a huge problem, so they released another animal that ate the first one. but they started hunting other animals becuase they were a easier pray. so yeah disturbance in the ecosystem is dangerous :)

Chishio Kunrin

Hmm, Australia has a lot of mischievous creatures. Isn't there a rabbit problem somewhere there? And the occasional mouse plague in one part? Crocodiles, venomous snakes, venomous spiders (Sydney Funnelweb, eek!), box jellyfish, dingoes (just because of humans feeding them).. Cone snail..
And I heard the blue-ringed octopus has a pretty nasty bite:

Well, we're off-topic. o_O It annoys me when my ADD leads me away from where I should be focusing.

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 02, 17:45:54
Hmm, Australia has a lot of mischievous creatures. Isn't there a rabbit problem somewhere there? And the occasional mouse plague in one part? Crocodiles, venomous snakes, venomous spiders (Sydney Funnelweb, eek!), box jellyfish, dingoes (just because of humans feeding them).. Cone snail..
And I heard the blue-ringed octopus has a pretty nasty bite:

well i think they started with mice to get rid of some something cant remeber what. but then they putted out snakes and then something to eat snakes again. and then they stopped i think. anyway. the point was that we humans shoulndt get involved in the ecosystem. and sorry if i got missled by your post X3

and a thing that annoys me? when people treat things as facts when the "facts" are based on their opinion or made up thoughts.

Link

One thing: Styrofoam. It HURTS.  DD:

It feels like my ears are being sawed open when someone messes with that stuff...ugh.  >.<
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Chishio Kunrin

The fact that most middle and high school US history textbooks are soooo biased. :l
I never realized that until I hit US History I in college and the textbook was talking about England's side of the story and France's and Spain's stories on their actions and problems that took place in the west hemisphere.

US History textbooks also tend to leave things out like the fact that England wasn't the first country to land in America. Vikings visited America from Greenland and were scared away by Native Americans because there were way more before another country (can't remember who) did a quick visit and left behind a plague that wiped out a massive chunk of the natives before England ever set foot here.

I quite like history.. and don't really like when people desecrate the past.

Link

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 02, 18:06:30
The fact that most middle and high school US history textbooks are soooo biased. :l
I never realized that until I hit US History I in college and the textbook was talking about England's side of the story and France's and Spain's stories on their actions and problems that took place in the west hemisphere.

US History textbooks also tend to leave things out like the fact that England wasn't the first country to land in America. Vikings visited America from Greenland and were scared away by Native Americans because there were way more before another country (can't remember who) did a quick visit and left behind a plague that wiped out a massive chunk of the natives before England ever set foot here.

Yea, mine are pretty biased too, especially in the political sections later on in my U.S. History... :I (Although I agree, History is one of the subjects I actually enjoy  ^-^)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

snarfgsnor

said whut now? really? srry for minor derail but. vikings got scared away becuase of natives? no thats incorrect lol Leif Erikson went to some islands (i think) around canada and settled and died there and thats the really story.
and "the winner writes the story" would describe for the english/french part.

and Pollen. i hate that. specialy if you are alergic to it lol

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 02, 18:12:04

said whut now? really? srry for minor derail but. vikings got scared away becuase of natives? no thats incorrect lol Leif Erikson went to some islands (i think) around canada and settled and died there and thats the really story.

I read that vikings used Greenland for stuff, and some of them ventured down from Greenland to find that there was a huge populous of Native Americans. o_O Natives had the home advantage.

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 02, 18:14:28
Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 02, 18:12:04

I read that vikings used Greenland for stuff, and some of them ventured down from Greenland to find that there was a huge populous of Native Americans. o_O Natives had the home advantage.

noooo. they travelled from green land. correct. but they settled on a Island they called "vinland" which was an island just of the coast on the northwestern part of Canada.
map in the spoiler

Lord of Madness

Link

Nothing, nothing at all? Or is it something? How should I know? These things are so easy to confuse... ovO
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Lord of Madness

i find it annoying when my friends lie to me about something I TOLD THEM LOL

Go Up