Wanders Tavern [Open-RP]

Started by DrifterCrow, 2017 Sep 14, 16:21:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Onyx Quill

*Onyx takes a carrot from his pack and shoves it in his mouth, then he sees Scarlet*

"Wha? Oh! Hewwooo Scawet!" *Talking with his mouth full*
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

Gamepaw

Having devoured the pie in near record time the rather rotund wolf began licking it's container clean, unaware of the looks he was getting from the other patrons.

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper looks at the new patron and points towards the tables and bar stools. He says, "Welcome. Please take a seat. I'll be right with you in a moment."

Then he looks towards Scarlet. He answers, "This is the Wanders Tavern, and the door you went through isn't an ordinary door. It's a magical door that appears in several different places around the world at once. All leading to this old place. The doors themselves only appeared in those places because back then, those were the spots no pony would settle near. Which was thousands of years ago when this tavern's previous owner was still alive. Since his passing, the tavern was gone from history. Not even legends and myths could keep it alive. But now that I'm here, the doors are now appearing back in their old spots. I can move those doors if you want, I just need updated maps than what I have now."

He pauses for a moment before looking at her. He asks, "Does that answer any of your questions?"
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

ScarletInk

Quote from: DrifterCrow on 2017 Sep 15, 09:25:22The tavern keeper looks at the new patron and points towards the tables and bar stools. He says, "Welcome. Please take a seat. I'll be right with you in a moment."

Then he looks towards Scarlet. He answers, "This is the Wanders Tavern, and the door you went through isn't an ordinary door. It's a magical door that appears in several different places around the world at once. All leading to this old place. The doors themselves only appeared in those places because back then, those were the spots no pony would settle near. Which was thousands of years ago when this tavern's previous owner was still alive. Since his passing, the tavern was gone from history. Not even legends and myths could keep it alive. But now that I'm here, the doors are now appearing back in their old spots. I can move those doors if you want, I just need updated maps than what I have now."

He pauses for a moment before looking at her. He asks, "Does that answer any of your questions?"

Well, I'd say yes...

*It's not the first time Scarlet heard about magical places like this, but still one question bugs her.
But another voice steals her attention.*

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Sep 15, 01:51:20*Onyx takes a carrot from his pack and shoves it in his mouth, then he sees Scarlet*

"Wha? Oh! Hewwooo Scawet!" *Talking with his mouth full*

Onyx?!

*She turns around, seeing her usually travelling, carrot lover friend.*
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Onyx Quill

*Onyx swallows the carrot, nearly choking*

"So, you ended up here too? I was going to Pony Joe's in Canterlot. I just wanted a decent cup of coffee and an eclair. Such is my luck..."
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper sets down the glass cup and walks towards the door, opening it up. After walking through it, the door closes.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

ScarletInk

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Sep 15, 16:15:05*Onyx swallows the carrot, nearly choking*

"So, you ended up here too? I was going to Pony Joe's in Canterlot. I just wanted a decent cup of coffee and an eclair. Such is my luck..."

And I was bringing these books...

*She gestures to the pile of books on the table.*

... To my library and accidentally walked in: I don't see very well with my eye tail...
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Onyx Quill

*Onyx looks confounded*

"Just how many entrances does this place have?!"

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper exits out of the door with a cup of coffee and a plate of eclair. Since Onyx has yet to find a spot. He places the items on the bar counter. He walks back over to the glass cup and picks it up, resuming to clean it. He looks towards Onyx and says, "If you want the cup of coffee and eclair, best to take it now while it's hot and fresh."

B-bop

Spoiler: show
Name: Flare
Species: Pegasus
Eyes: Green
Coat: Sunny-yellow
Mane/tail: Red and Orange--fire-colored; both worn long
Talent: General Science (Biology/Chemistry/Alchemy, etc.)
Cutie mark: Flame/Burner
Hometown: Cantermore
Current residence: Ponydale, Library

Enter: Flare

A sunny-colored pegasus strode along the streets of Ponydale, a plethora of new potions brimming from the bottles in her saddlebag. Flying might have been much faster to get where she was going, but Wobble was in need of something special from her today, and it'd be a shame if she dropped it from the sky...especially if they landed on somepony.

She lifted her goggles so they rested neatly on her fiery mane, revealing her other bags---circles under her sleepless, green eyes. A smile, however, played its way across the mare's face when, finally, she spotted the building she was looking for and happily trotted towards it.

Placing her hoof on the door, she pressed it open and walked inside... but she slowed to a stop when she noticed the bar, the guests... the absence of obnoxious candy and confetti.

This.. This wasn't where she needed to be.

The door swung shut, making a noise that drew the attention of a few ponies...and some sort of...dog.

Then she finally spoke, dumbfounded.

"How...did I-"

//OOC:
 Aaaa, sorry if this is a bit much. It's my first RP post, really  X3  X3  X3 Hope I'm not too late to join!
"I got rhythm
So do you
Let's turn it on and show 'em what we can do!"

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper looks up at newcomer and smiles. "Welcome," He says. "Take a seat and I'll be right with you in a moment."

He places down the glass cup on the counter and walks on over to the end of the counter, over by the neatly stack of menus.

@B-bop Don't worry, this started a few days ago. Plus this is an open-rp, so it's fine. If this was a serious RP thread, I'd still say the post is good.

B-bop

"I don't- I don't think you understand. You see, I was..." She tried to explain to him how she had ended up here, but she really had no idea. Perhaps she had been half-asleep and took a wrong turn?

She flattened back her ears. Even so, the keep was so polite, she didn't have the heart to deny his service... So she sighed and stepped inside, taking a seat at the bar.

"I guess I could use something to eat anyhow.." Looking around, she reached out for a menu and opened it up to see what was on it.
"I got rhythm
So do you

DrifterCrow

The menu seems to consist of food and drink items from around the world, including items that Flare has an interest in. The tavern keeper chuckled at her confusion and says, "You aren't the first to come in confused. You certainly won't be the last. I'll answer any questions you got, but first, let's start with drinks. What can I get ya?"

Onyx Quill

*Onyx looks over at the coffee and eclair. He tilts his head to the side, then smiles*

"Thanks, pony-who-runs-a-weird-trans-dimensional-tavern-that-made-random-doorways-appear-throughout-the-world! Hmmm, that's a bit long-winded. Can I call you 'barkeep'?"

*He takes a sip of coffee and bites into the eclair. He nods in satisfaction. It's not Pony Joe's level of quality, but it's pretty good.*
 "Not bad! Not bad at all."

*He swallows a bite, then starts singing softly*

"Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile! Don't let the mud and whizzbangs steal your swag! Smile foals, that's the style!"

Onyx Quill

*Onyx pulls out a bag of bits, and drops them on the counter. Goes back to munching.*

"Anyway, Scarlet. Great to see you, as always!"

DrifterCrow

The tavern keepers expression turned annoyed when he heard Onyx. He turns towards Onyx and says, "No, you may not call me 'barkeep'. There is a difference between a bar and a tavern. Second, call me 'Keeper'. Third, this is not a weird trans-dimensional tavern. This tavern is located within this dimension and only this dimension. Fourth, the 'random doorways' aren't random. Finally, if you are going to sing, do it in the corner there."

He tavern keeper points at the open elevated corner that looks to be a stage for entertainers and singers.

Onyx Quill

*Onyx thinks for a moment*

"Alright then, Keeper it is. I'm Onyx Quill. It does seem an interesting way to run a business. Creating an alternate dimension to keep it in, I mean. As for me singing loudly enough for everypony to hear? Well... they don't deserve that kind of cruelty."

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper's face seems to grow more annoyed. He says, "Let me rephrase. The tavern is not in its own dimension, it's in the same plane of existence as everything else. The same dimension as the world. I would like it if you would not assume so much. Questions I can deal with; assumptions not so much. I also rather like it that you don't go insulting my tavern."

B-bop

"Don't get your feathers in a rustle, Keep~" Flare smiled, overhearing the conversation. She put the menu down on the bar to look at him.

"I think it might have been intended as a compliment. Besides, you can't really help for ponies to make up theories, especially when you kidnap them out of thin air. They get to thinking. In fact, I'm a bit curious myself..."

She neatly fixed the menu so that it was facing up then let out a sigh. "This is a mile and a half long. What do you recommend?"
"I got rhythm
So do you

DrifterCrow

He looks over at Flare and says, "Menus change. If you look again, it will change to whatever you food and drink items that are on your mind."

As he said, the menu begins to change to the food and drinks Flare has had or seen in the past. The tavern keeper states, "As for the doors, not my fault some of you went through a wooden door that had the name 'Wanders Tavern' on it or was placed in the same spot as it was thousands of years ago when this place was famous. Besides, I have no control over a tavern like this, especially one so heavily enchanted."

The tavern keeper paused for a bit before saying, "Also, the tavern doesn't like being called weird."

Go Up