Winter Open Server Test Announcement! January 24th-26th!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 02, 23:49:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bluefire_the_lost_prince

WOW! im so excited, ive yet to get the chance to try the game earlier because i always caught the announcments just i little too late, i cant wait, i hope my computer will run it ok, i have 1 gb of ram, so here's hopin!  X3 :]

Please refrain from emote spam, thank you~

BeebarbX

Quote from: Bluefire_the_lost_prince on 2015 Jan 07, 20:09:14
WOW! im so excited, ive yet to get the chance to try the game earlier because i always caught the announcments just i little too late, i cant wait, i hope my computer will run it ok, i have 1 gb of ram, so here's hopin!  X3 :]

Stars, I hope you can too. 1GB of RAM is a little tiny in this day and age (suprising since it was fine back in 2006).

Princess Luna1

how an i download this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D: >A<  DD:

Peace Keeper

The game will be available on the 22nd. Right now it isn't up in the downloads page yet.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chack

Lordy Lou, is it that time already?! I now know that I must get a better internet connection before then!
Wait for it...

Brightning

*bounces up and down* YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!  :D Can't wait to see everyone there!
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream at night." -Edgar Allan Poe

White Pony

I'm making preparations to ensure I have food and drink readily available.  Nothing like "Red Bull" energy drinks and pop-tarts to keep one going.   ;)

Sandalaia

Who speak Romanian you answer me please.
Cine vorbeste romana sa imi raspunda va rog.

KirbyFluttershy

I'll be spending less time on the 25th depending on my plans are and not to mention I have to make room for my computer as well.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

haru_glory6

Mizuki

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

CMC Scootaloo

2015 Jan 09, 06:17:24 #91 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 09, 06:44:14 by CMC Scootaloo
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go again, what a way to kick off the new year! 0:)
And you're doing it exactly one year after the one in January 2014, I can't believe it, such a perfect timing! :D
Does that mean I can predict now when the other ones in this year will happen? :D

Anyway, I'm looking forward to another three days spent in Equestria! :D

I will definitely held my Hide & Seek events again, after they worked so well last time!
And I'm going to fly to the castle! :D
I can't wait! Let the pony dance, bronies! 0:)

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Jan 03, 01:29:30
Still Pre-alpha.  There's a lot of work yet to be done before we hit alpha X3

I'm interested, how many stages does a game run through before it's finished?

Quote from: Galapagois on 2015 Jan 03, 11:49:08
I bet it's gonna suck and be full of bugs and stuff.

I hope there are going to be a lot of bugs! xD
I want to try butt-sliding in Canterlot, I never got around to do that so far! :D

Quote from: White Pony on 2015 Jan 08, 04:42:50
I'm making preparations to ensure I have food and drink readily available.  Nothing like "Red Bull" energy drinks and pop-tarts to keep one going.   ;)

I also stuff myself with food always; tons of pizza, caffeine-containing energy drinks (as well as Red Bull type ones) and cream-filled chocolate bars! :D
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Griffinpeps

Hi everypony. I'm new here, this is my first post ever. To be honest I'm not one to browse forums often but then I found this game. This will also be my first time ever playing LoE so really looking forward to it.

One big question: When we log in to the game will there be a list of servers to choose from? If so, what difference does it make the server that is chosen?

Thanks in advance for everyone working in this amazing project. I wish everypony the best of lucks.

Quote from: AppleDie on 2015 Jan 04, 19:58:22
I'm excited !! :D

I'm terribly "nervicited".

BeebarbX

Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2015 Jan 09, 06:17:24
I'm interested, how many stages does a game run through before it's finished?

Well, there's usually:
1. pre-Alpha
2. Alpha
3. Beta
4. Release Candidate
5. Release

Sometimes it can go as far as:
1. pre-Alpha
2. Private Alpha
3. Public Alpha
4. Private Beta
5. Public Beta
6. Private Release Candidate
7. Public Release Candidate
8. Release

Of course how many stages it goes through is up to the individual developer.

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Griffinpeps on 2015 Jan 09, 23:10:51
One big question: When we log in to the game will there be a list of servers to choose from? If so, what difference does it make the server that is chosen?

The servers are designated in certain regions. Some servers have less lag than others for being closer to your locations. It is recommended to be in a server with the lowest lag. The latency is located next to the server names, with a number value of "ms" (millisecond) latency. I hope this helped.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

LemonDrop

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Jan 09, 23:44:33
The servers are designated in certain regions. Some servers have less lag than others for being closer to your locations. It is recommended to be in a server with the lowest lag. The latency is located next to the server names, with a number value of "ms" (millisecond) latency. I hope this helped.

What's funny is that with most people thinking like that the most bearable servers are actually the ones with the highest ping from physical location because they generally have the least load on them (though theres a point I'd assume where the load starts effecting the ping response time lol). I mean a 100ms difference in ping from connecting to somewhere a few thousand more miles away really isn't going to affect the heated "gameplay" I'd assume, and really the most annoying part about playing the osws is the random disconnects from the servers exploding/being restarted if anything.

Either way get da hype, I'm sure I'm going to have a blast :p

Minor-T5

the hype train has no brakes

No but seriously I can't wait.
The ponies I will play as:
Schmooky Luke, Barney Calhoof, and Floofie Pillow
---------------
Steam: Schmookyluke

Akilas

Oh man, i hope can download the game this time, now i see the advise before it  was too late, thanks, now i can finally play the game, i been whainting for hole year, but first i will have to use the media section to create my poni jajaja ^-^
Excuse my english, my real language is Spanish, soo, if someone talk Spanish too, that will real awsome.

"Deal with it"

Rune Shine

I can't wait! LoE open server weekend is the best day of my year. I downloaded the mod to play on private servers, but it's just not the same when there are 0 players in the world. The best thing about this game is the people who play it.

Go Up