n.W.o Rorschach

I cant see chat in the forums anymore, what happened?  o.O
I play electric guitar
I like metal music
In my sword I trust
o==(:::::::::::::>

LemonDrop

2014 Nov 23, 16:22:56 #1 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 23, 16:32:29 by LemonDrop
Yea same. It was a 500 before it vanished so I think they are changing it most likely (I wonder if they actually took my IRC suggestion). Or maybe its just broken.

Greyscaleisme

I am curious as to this as well, what gives?
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Dashieisbestpony

I don't know, it stinks. It will probably be back up soon, though. I (kinda) know this from the last time they moved it, it disappeared for a little while and came back, so I think they are just refining some things.
Oof it's been too long

Gamepad

Remedy posted this http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13545.0

Wish there was more information.

I need to Tro... Err, help the new pones. :ajshifty:

blackhawk

New pones gonna have to wait until chatbox is back, from last time it shouldn't take too long.

LunarDusk

Hmm, didn't notice that until I saw this.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

wingedpineapple

"Chat is disabled cuz reasons"

Very informative :ajshifty:
[move][/move]

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2014 Nov 23, 19:34:59

Agreed...

blackhawk

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2014 Nov 23, 19:37:56

Agreed...

Sometimes there is some information to what we will never have access, and if I remember it's called "Confidential and Top Secret".

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Nov 23, 19:41:45

Agreed...

Sometimes there is some information to what we will never have access, and if I remember it's called "Confidential and Top Secret".

True, but this sort of thing should be public information. It affects almost all of the people who come on here regularly.

blackhawk

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2014 Nov 23, 19:47:25
Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Nov 23, 19:41:45

Agreed...

True, but this sort of thing should be public information. It affects almost all of the people who come on here regularly.

Well agree or disagree but not every mod will have specifically detailed information of sudden events, and they just have to either improvise or make short thread.

Roots

Chat is gone for now yes, but we shall return more powerful than the mods can possibly imagine!
"We know what we are, but know not what we may be. Do not ever limit yourself."

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Roots on 2014 Nov 23, 19:52:04
Chat is gone for now yes, but we shall return more powerful than the mods can possibly imagine!

Agreed! :nod:

Perry The Pony

We are currently evaluating the effectiveness and use of said chatbox.  Upon completion of the research the chatbox may or may not come back.

blackhawk

Quote from: Perry The Pony on 2014 Nov 23, 20:32:16
We are currently evaluating the effectiveness and use of said chatbox.  Upon completion of the research the chatbox may or may not come back.

That's something new, but it's understandable since I have heard that chatbox uses most of resources, so apparently we'll gonna have to stick with Personal Messages.

Perry The Pony

The chatbox takes more then just forum resources, it takes people resources too.  The face of the matter is the mod team has to watch the chatbox 24/7.  During this time we also have to watch the forums and as the holiday season comes closer and closer with each day it is becoming difficult for the moderation team to keep tabs on it 24/7.  Also the chatbox has been the source of some issues on the forums for some time now.  We have to balance out the fact that the mod team just like other members of the team have personal lives and other things going on.  So it may be in the best interest for us to remove the chatbox from the forum.  Also the chatbox will be removed when the game is open for full time play, so it was going to be removed anyways.

I would like to hear the community thoughts on this topic since there seems to be interest.

blackhawk

Well I completely agree with the fact that moderators cannot offer full 24/7 staying up to guard forum and chatbox at the same time, while they have their own lives to deal with such as, Family, School or doing personal things which might have higher priority, so removing chatbox is resonable compensation, to team members and their personal life and the forum resources to make it more stable, reliable to offer best performance to all forum users, so in this case my opinion is on full agree of removing chatbox.

wingedpineapple

Quote from: Perry The Pony on 2014 Nov 23, 20:40:55
I would like to hear the community thoughts on this topic since there seems to be interest.

Since there's no game yet.
Chat is practically the only reason I'm still here, but of course it can be just me :v
[move][/move]

Greyscaleisme

The chat is really the only reason I come here, its too difficult to run the game to chat, and all the people that I like to chat with aren't always here. If the chat was removed, I'd stop coming often, and it would negatively affect my experience here as well.

Go Up