Elemental Magic 101 (sign up)

Started by Dark Hooves, 2014 Nov 10, 17:58:21

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dark Hooves

Do that again, that was perfect balance of focus and strength. I barely even saw that it was so fast.
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Aeterna Sol

"I can do it even faster using ki, which I mentioned before. True, I haven't mastered it yet, but I think I'm pretty good at it."

Peace Keeper

Now completely relaxed, he looks back at the tree, just wondering again on how to detect magic. He then looks back towards the group. He gets up and walks back to the tree near the group, limping slightly from the punch he threw. He lays down and looks towards the group training.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Dark Hooves

<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

annosrules

Match continues with his reading, thoroughly enthralled by his book.

Aeterna Sol

"Okay, just throw a big one, and I want more to watch me this time."

Dark Hooves

Everypony, come watch Blazing Sun.

annosrules

Match sighs, puts his book away and walks over to Blazing Sun.

Peace Keeper

Peacemaker watches carefully and activates his sharingan. He moves around a bit to get a better look.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Roots

Roots breaks his meditation and he quickly stands up, his magic returning within him as he did so. After a few quick stretches he walks over to witness what Blazing Sun was going to do.
"We know what we are, but know not what we may be. Do not ever limit yourself."

Aeterna Sol

"Okay, throw a big one." Blazing Sun then went into a deeply concentrated state, closing her eyes. Seconds later, the same aura from earlier appears again. "Let me show you my highest controllable power." Her aura turns white, with small bits of yellow lightning flowing within the aura itself.

Dark Hooves

He tosses a large rock towards Blazing Sun.

Aeterna Sol

Blazing Sun waited until the rock was one foot away from her face, and then punches it hard enough to create a big, easy-to-see shockwave. Afterward, her aura turned back from white with yellow lightning, to yellow with no lightning, to gone. "Too easy. Not that it wasn't good enough, of course. True, I have much more power than that, but I sometimes lose control of it if I go any higher."

Dark Hooves

Now let's start with changing you mana's nature. He gives Blazing Sun a special piece of paper. This is to find out which element your mana is.

Peace Keeper

Not bad. He deactivates his sharingan and returns to think how to sense magic. He sees a pony listening to a radio. Then he remembers back.

Spoiler: flashback • show

At a school science fair with his little brother when they were younger.
Oh cool a radio.
So that's how it looks like inside? Cool.
*reading from a card next to the part of the radio* The radio uses electricity to send a signal. The electricity goes to the antenna and spreads the e-lec-trical signal. The antenna can also recieve signal by ab-sorb-ing the electricity. The electricity can make the antenna like a magnet, absorbing the electrical signal and is sent to the re-kei-ver?
Receiver
Receiver and sends it to the speaker to create sound. Here's a button here to try.
Peacemaker presses and holds the button, which the speaker creates a white sound.
We can also use the button here on this one.
His little brother presses the second button of the second antenna, and the speaker made a beep sound. Intrigued, Peacemaker lets go of the button and his little brother tries it again, this time no sound.
Here's a knob here to turn to the station
He turns the knob, but nothing
Oh, forgot to turn it on
He holds the first switch and and dials the other. The speaker produces different sounds when the dial is moved. His little brother reads from the card next to the knob.
The antenna can sense different signals. This knob makes different sounds because it makes different fre-que-cies. The antenna can pick up many electrical signals, even radio stations from far away.
So that is how a radio works? That's crazy.

*To himself* Wait... A unicorn sends magic through the horn. What if I make my horn a receiver and pick up their magic? He also said that every life has magic. So if I can make myself like antenna, I could probably detect magic.

He gave a good smile in a bright sense of solving the problem. His smile then turned mellow when a thought came up.
*to himself* So how do I make my horn like an antenna?

Aeterna Sol

"I don't think I even need to look at this, but I'll hold on to it anyway. So my name's Blazing Sun just so you know. But here's the thing. My name has 'Sun' in it. what does the sun create? Light. Plus, most of my best abilities are related to either light or the sun itself. So I think my element is Light." She then realized she might be talking too much. "Wow... Was I talking too much?"

Dark Hooves

The paper shines brightly as if bathed in light.

So your elemental nature is light.

Aeterna Sol

"And apparently I was right! So, how do I do this... Elemental magic conversion thing?"

Dark Hooves

Focus your mana, then think of the sun shining brightly. Your mana should change it's nature to that of light.

Peace Keeper

Peacemaker plays around with his magic to feel an opposite effect of taking in magic or absorbing magic. He closes his eyes and concentrates on making his horn a magic antenna. So far he feels nothing, but still concentrates in picking up some magical feedback.

Go Up