A thread to help people be up to speed on LoE

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Apr 15, 01:04:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shadowking58

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Apr 15, 01:04:58

• A flight race game where you fly your pegasus through rings

Oh No! This is going to be Superman 64 all over again!!

Soulful Mirror

Can we play as Gryphon, young adult Dragon, Changelling or only Pony?

NotoriousSMALL

Will beta be an open beta or will it be by invite only?

Invultrois

It is free-to-play and no DLC and such. Free and totally free.  ovO

VcSaJen

QuoteThere are several kinds of free-to-play games:

Shareware refers to a trial of variable functionality intended to convince users to buy a full license of the pay-to-play game. Also known as game demos, shareware often gives free users severely limited functionality compared to the full game.
    Freemium games offer the "full version" of a product free of charge, while users are charged micropayments to access premium features and virtual goods, often in a piecemeal fashion.

Free-to-play isn't 'free', per se. But...
QuoteThe game will be free to play forever, with no premium access or downloadable content. Once you download the game, you get to play the whole thing.

I think the correct term is 'Freeware', or just 'free'.

Blurry Stencils

Welp. I'm such a noob. [glow=red,2,300][/glow]   :I
I draw, a whole gadhttp://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. bunch.

Mizuki

Quote from: dustyb216 on 2014 Aug 16, 11:00:26
Can we play as Gryphon, young adult Dragon, Changelling or only Pony?

Pony only! Sorry!

Also no Alicorns :P

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

TryxxStyxx6

I'm kinda curious as to if anyone has a clue to WHEN the servers will be up to try it again?  :D

Mizuki

Quote from: TryxxStyxx6 on 2014 Oct 15, 21:28:40
I'm kinda curious as to if anyone has a clue to WHEN the servers will be up to try it again?  :D

Not to worry, whenever an open server weekend does happen we spread the news pretty much all over the place well in advance 0:)

Cybestry

2014 Oct 17, 20:51:41 #209 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 17, 22:32:29 by Star Flame
2 things:
1.)Is going to be special events based on the holidays? For example, when it's the nightmare night,  can ponyville canterlot, etc. be decorated to the purpose? And if you get permission from hasbro, maybe have Princess Luna roaming around?
2.) When development slows down a little, can the servers be online for more time than weekends?

-EDIT

Two more things, is this like a classic mmorpg where you have upgrade to get stronger?
and finally, can unicorns pick up certain objects with their magic and carry them around or use them as weapons ovO?

Mizuki

2014 Oct 17, 23:50:26 #210 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 18, 00:46:01 by Mizuki
Quote from: Star Flame on 2014 Oct 17, 20:51:41
2 things:
1.)Is going to be special events based on the holidays? For example, when it's the nightmare night,  can ponyville canterlot, etc. be decorated to the purpose? And if you get permission from hasbro, maybe have Princess Luna roaming around?
2.) When development slows down a little, can the servers be online for more time than weekends?

-EDIT

Two more things, is this like a classic mmorpg where you have upgrade to get stronger?
and finally, can unicorns pick up certain objects with their magic and carry them around or use them as weapons ovO?

Have you read the FAQ? I'll do my best to answer some of these though!

1) Not in the foreseeable future, but that doesn't necessarily mean "never".
2) Someday we want the game to be accessible all the time, but for now we just gotta have OSW's!
3) It's not really my place to say! Sorry!
4) As far as I know, that won't be a thing. Sorry!

Naura

I think you might want to update the first comment with more information, now when even Appleoosa is done and everything.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Stuff

QuoteCharacters from the show
Because Hasbro holds copyright over the mane six, the princesses, Spike, and even a portion of the background characters, LoE is playing it safe and won't be adding characters from the show as NPCs unless they can get permission from Hasbro. They're currently working on contacting Hasbro to ask for permission.

Wait.. what?
Why do we need characters from the show?
That would completely ruin the whole "Alternate universe" idea.

... and by the way, is Fluffle Puff still going to be a thing later?

SuperKirbylover

I don't know if this was answered before, but...
We've been told that when you start out, you're a blankflank filly or colt,

Do you HAVE to start out as a filly/colt? I would rather skip the stage of being said filly/colt, because well what if I do something that I didnt mean to do, and I got a cutiemark I didnt want :(

Swebow has hinted at there being something about pets that earthpony players will love, but that information has yet to be revealed.

There is more info to be revealed, I know, but, does this mean only Earth Ponies will have pets? I'd kinda hate that, to be honest.  :l
- they all go by "SuperKirbylover"

Tiger

Quote from: SuperKirbylover on 2015 Feb 06, 16:31:44
There is more info to be revealed, I know, but, does this mean only Earth Ponies will have pets? I'd kinda hate that, to be honest.  :l

Considering that Pegasi and Unicorns could get pets in the previous OSW, no.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Hash Myth

2015 Feb 07, 22:46:36 #215 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 30, 23:26:10 by Hash Myth
Quote from: Stuff on 2015 Jan 27, 18:37:39
... and by the way, is Fluffle Puff still going to be a thing later?

There can be only one Fluffle Puff, but the test of it ended up finding a exploit and every pony who ended up getting a costume of Fluffle Puff ended up spamming it and the real Fluffle Puff rage quit  lol (so to answer your question yes, but prob only the real Fluffle Puff will get it)

Also I kinda had a idea about the 3 classes of pony to balance it out so no character could get OP more then another.

Just do this http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5998.msg892149#msg892149

Mind you the stat system could be tweaked as getting a cutie mark could be your bonus... But a age system vs getting your cutie mark (or a level system) would be much better, also you could wait on getting a cutie mark or maybe unlocking all of them and choose the one that fits your special talent best  0:)

But I think the 3 main class should be this:

Pegasus = Flying (Evade Bonus) (Mid Def/Low Magic Def)
Unicorn = Magic (Energy bonus) (Low Def/High Magic Def)
Earth = Physical Strength (Str and Def bonus) (Low Evade/Mag Def)

But if anything LoE needs 2 Defense: Magic and Physical instead of just one (from the looks of it anyway).
I could not see any real balance without it as you have Magic attack and Physical attacks the same attack just as a stat number of how much HP damage it deals.

With both Magic Attack and Physical Attack separated with a Magic Defense and Physical Defense it will give LoE more of a MMORPG and less of a simple attack/Defense system.

Also Magic Defense could also be a elemental defense as well... I mean if you think about it... Unicorn's should have a better elemental defense if you understand how to defend vs it. Pegasus and Earth Pony's would not have this but have a general Defense vs the Physical attack. (Unless a item could help or something... need more MMORPG info)

Okay I am rambling on and on but think about this... If any pony was to win vs a Dragon or Hydra or maybe a Manticore , I would place my bets on all 3 together to have a chance... (Unicorn spam Magic Attacks and Heal, Pegasus would have quick attacks and evade (fly off and back in) and Earth Pony would draw the attack and take on damage.

Friendship is Magic (maybe if they really are friends you get a bonus too like overall time playing together in the same area and leveling up together could add stat bonus if your together? Yes I know, the ideas are endless and the programmers are limited)

rainbowdash1288

how do I go on a 3D server?  I want to play around and have fun..   :(

Mizuki

Quote from: rainbowdash1288 on 2015 Mar 21, 11:44:11
how do I go on a 3D server?  I want to play around and have fun..   :(

You can only play the game when the servers are open, but at the moment they are closed.

Keep an eye out for an announcement! We usually announce the dates of when the servers open a while in advance.

loefidget

I actually couldn't make it, the launcher wouldn't load or open the game for me :( oh well..
--->Luna and Vinyl are best pony<---

LadyInWhite

Are there Alicorn NPCs that you can interact with / learn skills from? Like there is a main storyline where an Alicorn (or whatever) sends you off on an epic quest and in the beginning are a few tutorial quests.

When I've been on the game I've had problems figuring out how the skills and such work. Also targeting was awkward.

Will there be a quest in the Crystal Kingdom where in the end you get an item that when equipped will let you look like a crystal pony (just like a skin overlay)?

When you eventually do the housing thing will it be an option to have your interior in one of the different cities (Crystal Kingdom, Cloudpolis etc.)?
LoE Characters:
Wind Whistler (f/pegasus/medic)
Moonlight Stardancer (f/unicorn/magic)

Go Up