A thread to help people be up to speed on LoE

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Apr 15, 01:04:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mystery0123

Quote from: Soulshine on 2013 Jul 12, 11:53:38
I accidentally deleted my post. :P I guess I'll just post it again..

I'd like to know whether the game might be made available for some players once the Alpha version has been reached.  I mean, the game was a huge hit over last weekend's stress test.  I know a LOT of players would be overjoyed to just play the game as is, using it for RP and hanging out.

Will ANY amount of begging bring the game back in it's pre-alpha state or at least before it reaches Beta?

PLEEEASE!!!

I still can't believe I missed that... ono Would have been a blast to go to Equestria, even if it's just in a game... :c
Hey, guys, I am having a rough time with Youtube, there's a hater called Jack Meyer hating on me and my friends and he never stops! He also makes new acc...
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSossil/
It would be much appreciated if you helped with my dilemma...

Soulshine

Quote from: Mystery0123 on 2013 Jul 12, 12:39:21

I'd like to know whether the game might be made available for some players once the Alpha version has been reached.  I mean, the game was a huge hit over last weekend's stress test.  I know a LOT of players would be overjoyed to just play the game as is, using it for RP and hanging out.

Will ANY amount of begging bring the game back in it's pre-alpha state or at least before it reaches Beta?

PLEEEASE!!!

I still can't believe I missed that... ono Would have been a blast to go to Equestria, even if it's just in a game... :c

Yeah!  I'm thinking that maaaaybe if we ask reeealy nicely they'll be super nice and let players who don't mind bugs or whatever just have fun with what's already available.

Chishio Kunrin

PLEEEASE!!!

We don't have plans for another stress test, but simply judging from the way things go, there will likely be a stress test later.
As for Alpha testing, as far as I know, we don't have very many plans for that yet. If we do an Alpha test, it may be closed Alpha. However, we may do an open Beta. None of this is set in stone, though.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Soulshine

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jul 12, 13:30:17

PLEEEASE!!!

We don't have plans for another stress test, but simply judging from the way things go, there will likely be a stress test later.
As for Alpha testing, as far as I know, we don't have very many plans for that yet. If we do an Alpha test, it may be closed Alpha. However, we may do an open Beta. None of this is set in stone, though.

Thanks for the response! So bribery and pleading won't bring back the pre-alpha more permanently? I bet a kickstarter could make it worth sompony's while! *winkwink* ;D

Tekner

While the official statement on stress tests is that we aren't planning anymore, there will be more, we just can't disclose any details. The official statement on Alpha testing is also that we aren't planning it, except that that doesn't mean we're secretly planning it. Keeping the servers up to let you guys play has way more involved in that than you guys realize. It's not as simple as deciding if we want to be nice. Also, how would we decide who gets to play (rhetorical question)? We had over 10,000 new players join the game in just a few days, so there are too many people to choose from. I'm sorry, but that's just not going to happen.

We're making this game for your guys' enjoyment. We want to have you guys play it more than anything, or we wouldn't be working on it in our spare time for no pay. It's just not in the cards right now.

Quote from: Soulshine on 2013 Jul 12, 14:25:36
I bet a kickstarter could make it worth sompony's while! *winkwink* ;D
We can't accept any money as a matter of principle and potentially for legal reasons. That aside, we'd have to be the ones to start the kickstarter. You can't do that for us.

Soulshine

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jul 12, 14:30:12

While the official statement on stress tests is that we aren't planning anymore, there will be more, we just can't disclose any details. The official statement on Alpha testing is also that we aren't planning it, except that that doesn't mean we're secretly planning it. Keeping the servers up to let you guys play has way more involved in that than you guys realize. It's not as simple as deciding if we want to be nice. Also, how would we decide who gets to play (rhetorical question)? We had over 10,000 new players join the game in just a few days, so there are too many people to choose from. I'm sorry, but that's just not going to happen.

We're making this game for your guys' enjoyment. We want to have you guys play it more than anything, or we wouldn't be working on it in our spare time for no pay. It's just not in the cards right now.

Quote from: Soulshine on 2013 Jul 12, 14:25:36
I bet a kickstarter could make it worth sompony's while! *winkwink* ;D
We can't accept any money as a matter of principle and potentially for legal reasons. That aside, we'd have to be the ones to start the kickstarter. You can't do that for us.

Thanks again for the response. I wasn't really serious about the kickstarter. I sort of meant to imply that if money were an issue to keep servers running then fans would almost definitely be willing to support it.

I have no doubt that running the servers takes a LOT of effort that most don't fully understand, and that brings me to my next question, namely, what would it take to make open Alpha or even pre-Alpha not only possible but actually happen?  If the team believes that it shouldn't be played before it's more complete then why? and what could change that?  If there aren't enough resources, as I suggested, what could the fan community do to fill that need?

Tekner

Quote from: Soulshine on 2013 Jul 12, 15:41:21
I have no doubt that running the servers takes a LOT of effort that most don't fully understand, and that brings me to my next question, namely, what would it take to make open Alpha or even pre-Alpha not only possible but actually happen?  If the team believes that it shouldn't be played before it's more complete then why? and what could change that?  If there aren't enough resources, as I suggested, what could the fan community do to fill that need?
There's nothing you guys can do other than be awesome fans and support us through development. The biggest thing is that hosting servers would distract us from actual development.

Mystery0123

Quote from: Soulshine on 2013 Jul 12, 13:14:14
Quote from: Mystery0123 on 2013 Jul 12, 12:39:21

PLEEEASE!!!

Yeah!  I'm thinking that maaaaybe if we ask reeealy nicely they'll be super nice and let players who don't mind bugs or whatever just have fun with what's already available.

Yea, maybe your right...  :/ but then they would have to worry about us and the bugs...  :s
Hey, guys, I am having a rough time with Youtube, there's a hater called Jack Meyer hating on me and my friends and he never stops! He also makes new acc...

PrincessMorningStar

I suggested they make a launcher, this way players could still play but when starting up the game it instantly updates what ever they have fixed or released that week.
A Princess does not only rule, but she also serves the Ponies of Equestria.

Pipkin

I think I heard that when the game is released it will auto-update, but I could be wrong.  That's not something they're going to be worrying about in pre-alpha however.

Tekner

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jul 12, 23:05:30
I think I heard that when the game is released it will auto-update, but I could be wrong.  That's not something they're going to be worrying about in pre-alpha however.
It will and we are working on a launcher.

Soulshine

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jul 12, 21:21:51
There's nothing you guys can do other than be awesome fans and support us through development. The biggest thing is that hosting servers would distract us from actual development.

Thanks for helping me understand. It is logical to keep efforts focused on the completion of the Alpha.

Since this appears to be a questions thread I suppose I won't feel guilty pestering folks with a few more..

Is there a limit to the number of qualified volunteers you'd like to accept into any given team?
Also, I noticed the recruitment call on EqD. Has any other recruitment strategy been used? Is recruitment something that could use fan support in any way? (Anything to make the project grow faster.)

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Soulshine on 2013 Jul 14, 10:09:21
Is there a limit to the number of qualified volunteers you'd like to accept into any given team?
Also, I noticed the recruitment call on EqD. Has any other recruitment strategy been used? Is recruitment something that could use fan support in any way? (Anything to make the project grow faster.)

There is no real limit to the number we can have, it really just depends on the Team leader
because yes you want to put as much stuff out as possible but you have to manage everyone and make sure whatever is being made is quality
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Ründo

Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Soulshine

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jul 14, 11:24:28
Quote from: Soulshine on 2013 Jul 14, 10:09:21

There is no real limit to the number we can have, it really just depends on the Team leader
because yes you want to put as much stuff out as possible but you have to manage everyone and make sure whatever is being made is quality

Good to know. Thanks.

Mystery0123

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jul 12, 21:21:51

Kinda had a feeling that would be the case, after all, the stress tests are painful enough, would that be right, mr Tekner? I know nothing about making games but I do imagine how much work it is to run one, even more so if it's not even in stage 1 yet, tests would just make the wait for the actual release longer, depending on how many there are...
What? I play online a lot, that's all... Especially mmo rpgs

Aerial Perspective

oh my goodness. i'm so excited I could just scream >A<

Mystery0123

hammihooves2003

im seriously wondering when its going to open back up for everyone!  :D but for now the world may never knoooowwwwww~ ono,but i cant wait to freaking play it,and be a pegasus and flyyy eveerryyywhere, :nod:
<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/bo5Gx6OFZm/embed/"; width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

tgame223

ono when is the beta?  :c i just made a account and no game access

Go Up