Rainbow Rocks Preview

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2014 Jul 27, 04:24:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sugar--shock

I think the movie will be great and so is the antagonist's song and all, but honestly the thing bothering me about it is how the antagonists actually look. To me, they all pretty much look like Monster High and the Bratz threw up all over them, and Habro ran with that and just threw 'em in the movie. :l It's just a little annoying to me ... :s
~~Cody

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: sugar--shock on 2014 Aug 09, 11:34:46
I think the movie will be great and so is the antagonist's song and all, but honestly the thing bothering me about it is how the antagonists actually look. To me, they all pretty much look like Monster High and the Bratz threw up all over them, and Habro ran with that and just threw 'em in the movie. :l It's just a little annoying to me ... :s

Even though Monster High is kind of lame, you have to admit they do have some good character designs. And their dolls are better than the EG dolls... X3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

sugar--shock

Ngl, I actually really like both Monster High and the Bratz a lot, so I wasn't trying to insult them, but I just don't think it looks right in an MLP movie, y'know? X3 And yeah, both the designs and the dolls are beautiful imo. And most every doll is better than the EQG ones, hahah.  ^-^
~~Cody

cloudwilk

Psh, I don't care for any of the doll-stuff. XP

Oh, and one of my friends brought up an interesting connection between Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer... and its related to their names. Like they're opposites or related in some way. (Not blood-relative but a sort of Celestia/Luna thing going on.)

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 10, 23:29:53

Oh, and one of my friends brought up an interesting connection between Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer... and its related to their names. Like they're opposites or related in some way. (Not blood-relative but a sort of Celestia/Luna thing going on.)

To be honest, I've only looked at the dolls while helping do Christmas shopping for little kids in our family and extended family. One of them really wanted an Equestria Girls doll, and one of them really wanted a Monster High doll. I ended up looking at dolls from both lines in the store and realized the Monster High dolls look better and seem to be better quality. Oh Hasbro, you're really phoning it in...

Yeah, I noticed that. The word twilight means sunrise or sunset, and sparkle and shimmer are similar. I think Sunset Shimmer is voiced by the woman who does Twilight's singing voice.

Bro1997

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 11, 14:34:47

To be honest, I've only looked at the dolls while helping do Christmas shopping for little kids in our family and extended family. One of them really wanted an Equestria Girls doll, and one of them really wanted a Monster High doll. I ended up looking at dolls from both lines in the store and realized the Monster High dolls look better and seem to be better quality. Oh Hasbro, you're really phoning it in...

Yeah, I noticed that. The word twilight means sunrise or sunset, and sparkle and shimmer are similar. I think Sunset Shimmer is voiced by the woman who does Twilight's singing voice.

Hasbro isn't going to make it. Since people seem to complain about their toy quality I'm surprised they are doing well. You'd think that a company like Hasbro would consider having better quality toys knowing how much we spend on MLP merchandise but that's not true. Someday, they are going to file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and it will be their fault. Very interesting though that Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer do have some things in common, despite the major incidents between both of them.

cloudwilk

Seriously... Honestly, I liked the Vinyl figures so much more than Hasbro's actual merchandise XP Heck, I like the fanstuff more than Hasbro's actual stuff. I mean, this is a huge profit area for them, they can bring it up a few notches!

I've always been okay with stuffed toys and figures based on animals... but a doll on a human is just weird to me. That goes for action figures as well.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 11, 19:58:33
Seriously... Honestly, I liked the Vinyl figures so much more than Hasbro's actual merchandise XP Heck, I like the fanstuff more than Hasbro's actual stuff. I mean, this is a huge profit area for them, they can bring it up a few notches!

I've always been okay with stuffed toys and figures based on animals... but a doll on a human is just weird to me. That goes for action figures as well.

I'm more for the vinyl collectables and stuffed toys based on MLP more. I tend to buy things though with Hasbro's licensed approval on it so I know that the money will go back into making MLP better. They seriously should consider the bronies as a major investment in the My Little Pony franchise. I don't think though that Hasbro really cares much for older audiences. As much as they really should for their own good, the people working there don't care about us. And when you mean fanstuff, you talking about custom made merchandise that Hasbro never really approved on right? Like those custom made plushies and stuff like you find on DeviantArt. Because that is technically illegal!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 11, 19:47:46
Spoiler: show

Hasbro isn't going to make it. Since people seem to complain about their toy quality I'm surprised they are doing well. You'd think that a company like Hasbro would consider having better quality toys knowing how much we spend on MLP merchandise but that's not true. Someday, they are going to file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and it will be their fault. Very interesting though that Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer do have some things in common, despite the major incidents between both of them.

They rely on the fact that their main target is children, since all that matters to a lot of kids is that the show or movie is awesome. If they love the show or movie, they want the toy. Many kids have a lower standard than we bronies do.

I think the companies that have Hasbro's permission to sell MLP merchandise have to pay Hasbro a certain portion of their profits from that merchandise. So Hasbro still gets money from things like Funko's vinyl figures and 4DE's plushies.

Bro1997

2014 Aug 11, 20:57:04 #49 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 11, 21:00:01 by Bro1997
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 11, 20:39:48
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 11, 19:47:46

They rely on the fact that their main target is children, since all that matters to a lot of kids is that the show or movie is awesome. If they love the show or movie, they want the toy. Many kids have a lower standard than we bronies do.

I think the companies that have Hasbro's permission to sell MLP merchandise have to pay Hasbro a certain portion of their profits from that merchandise. So Hasbro still gets money from things like Funko's vinyl figures and 4DE's plushies.

Then, why should bronies care if the quality of the toys aren't good? They should be loved as well. Bronies should think like children and just enjoy playing with the toys. Imagination is better then quality in my view. Also, anything really that says "Licensed by Hasbro" means that any company that has that Hasbro logo on it will give a portion of the money back to them. It's good to know that as long as we buy their merchandise, Hasbro will still get money back. But, is it really necessary to brag on how terrible the toys are? Because we really shouldn't. Hasbro works hard to please us, you know.

cloudwilk

I know, I was just referring to Hasbro's official content aka their main content lines. The vinyl figures don't have Hasbro written all over it because it's part another company as well. I don't see why Hasbro at this point isn't trying to profit on the larger audience as much as it should. Yea, imagination is important with toys, but quality is as well. Even as a child I liked the stuffed toys bought at toy stores rather than the cheap, little McDonalds toys. It's not like Hasbro is creating really innovative toys, either. I mean it's okay if there's a whole new idea behind it, but if it's pretty straight forward and there's tons of fans willing to cash in, why not?

Yea, the fan-content on DA. It's illegal to a degree... if Hasbro makes nothing on it... but their are certain sites that the toys/shirts are sold from that make sure to regulate where the money goes so that it is legal. I'm pretty sure We Love Fine is one of them.

Chishio Kunrin

Not all bronies play with the toys...
In fact, most bronies buy the toys to collect them, not play with them. Or to decorate with because let's face it, a shelf or desk covered in ponies is pretty cool! I haven't taken my Funko vinyl figures out of their boxes. They're in my room looking awesome. I plan to get a Pinkie Pie plush from 4DE sometime and have her hang out with some of my other stuffed animals.

But I will not be getting any EG dolls, even if they're made by another company. I tend not to be very into dolls, even though I have some Bratz dolls.

Bro1997

2014 Aug 11, 23:31:23 #52 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 11, 23:43:23 by Bro1997
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 11, 22:18:26
In fact, most bronies buy the toys to collect them, not play with them. Or to decorate with because let's face it, a shelf or desk covered in ponies is pretty cool! I haven't taken my Funko vinyl figures out of their boxes. They're in my room looking awesome. I plan to get a Pinkie Pie plush from 4DE sometime and have her hang out with some of my other stuffed animals.

But I will not be getting any EG dolls, even if they're made by another company. I tend not to be very into dolls, even though I have some Bratz dolls.

I don't blame you on any of that. Aren't the majority of bronies between the ages of 18 and 35? Because if that's so, they probably would do that after all. Bronies are older so the majority probably are too embarrassed or don't have any time to play with the toys. Not to mention, in the next 10 to 30 years from now all that merchandise that you collect will be worth ton loads of money. Some that could be worth hundreds to thousands of dollars considering if they are being played with or not. Just look at the G1 MLP merchandise now. The accessories for those ponies are very rare now and hard to collect.

Post Merge

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 11, 21:31:49
I know, I was just referring to Hasbro's official content aka their main content lines. The vinyl figures don't have Hasbro written all over it because it's part another company as well. I don't see why Hasbro at this point isn't trying to profit on the larger audience as much as it should. Yea, imagination is important with toys, but quality is as well. Even as a child I liked the stuffed toys bought at toy stores rather than the cheap, little McDonalds toys. It's not like Hasbro is creating really innovative toys, either. I mean it's okay if there's a whole new idea behind it, but if it's pretty straight forward and there's tons of fans willing to cash in, why not?

Yea, the fan-content on DA. It's illegal to a degree... if Hasbro makes nothing on it... but their are certain sites that the toys/shirts are sold from that make sure to regulate where the money goes so that it is legal. I'm pretty sure We Love Fine is one of them.

Well, the vinyl figures would be from two different companies. Part of the money would go to Funko, the rest to Hasbro. The other money would be divided between taxes on local, state, and federal levels and the store (Wal-Mart, Amazon, etc) itself. Hasbro won't truly try to profit off the larger audience. Because as I've said before, they don't care. All they care about is that "Ponies are for little girls" and that's that. The world's perception of ponies isn't what we want it to be and Hasbro doesn't want to be blamed for aiming something like MLP to adults which most people in our judgemental world of ours think is unacceptable and inappropriate. I agree with you. Stuffed toys are way more better then plastic figures. They are a little more life like, but still don't judge quality because some bronies like to collect and play with them. Much like their young female counterparts. I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't done anything about DA yet. You think they would've considering how many bronies/pegasisters are making hundreds without the company that OWNS MLP doing anything about it. It isn't right to Hasbro at all. I'm with them if they want to sue against those making money illegally.

AaronMk

2014 Aug 18, 23:08:24 #53 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 19, 03:55:26 by Chishio Kunrin
Preview clip released today

Spoiler: Clip in video form • show

Hedging ten dollars on a bet they're Windigos.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Aug 19, 03:52:07 #54 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 19, 04:01:24 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 11, 23:31:23
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 11, 22:18:26

I don't blame you on any of that. Aren't the majority of bronies between the ages of 18 and 35? Because if that's so, they probably would do that after all. Bronies are older so the majority probably are too embarrassed or don't have any time to play with the toys. Not to mention, in the next 10 to 30 years from now all that merchandise that you collect will be worth ton loads of money. Some that could be worth hundreds to thousands of dollars considering if they are being played with or not. Just look at the G1 MLP merchandise now. The accessories for those ponies are very rare now and hard to collect.

Or we just don't actually want to play with them. It's not that we're embarrassed to or don't have time. We just don't actually want to. We like to use them more as decoration and a fun collection.
Some bronies probably do play with their pony toys, but many don't because they just don't want to.

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 18, 23:08:24

Yessss! However,
I think they're sirens, not Windigos. Their power to cause disharmony is caused by singing.

Anyway, now we know why they're there and what they're doing! I feel kind of bad for them.
They're just hungry. It's not their fault that their food is disharmony.

Post Merge

Okay, I just found out their full names.
The orange one is Adagio Dazzle.
The pigtail one is Sonata Dusk.
The ponytail one is Aria Blaze.

REALLY, HASBRO?! DAZZLE?! What is your obsession with Dazzle?! Diamond Dazzle Tiara?! Daring Dazzle Do?! And now Adagio Dazzle?! Find a new word!

cloudwilk

The clip looked kinda interesting... I honestly think this one will be better than the last.. (I mean, at least its not a stuck on destroying the high school thing) Their designs... are obviously merchandise teen girls, so I don't care for that. But at least the story sounds interesting and they didn't forget about Equestria.

Chishio Kunrin

A list of songs that're gonna be on the soundtrack has been revealed:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/08/rainbow-rocks-full-song-listing-via.html
Though, it looks like some of the songs on the soundtrack will be ones from the first movie, specifically Equestria Girls (Cafeteria Song), A Friend For Life, Opening Titles (Remix), This Is Our Big Night (Full Version), and Time To Come Together. Pretty sure the "Equestria Girls (Cafeteria Song)" song is Help Twilight Win The Crown.

So that means the songs for Rainbow Rocks are likely:
Awesome As I Want To Be (I think)
Battle (definitely. We heard this one in the other preview)
Better Than Ever
Rainbow Rocks
Shine Like Rainbows
Tricks Up My Sleeve
Under Our Spell

Those last two sound like villain songs. :3 Though, for some reason...
Tricks Up My Sleeve feels like Trixie. I think she might join the sirens' band.

AaronMk

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 19, 03:52:07

REALLY, HASBRO?! DAZZLE?! What is your obsession with Dazzle?! Diamond Dazzle Tiara?! Daring Dazzle Do?! And now Adagio Dazzle?! Find a new word!

No offence m8, but that certainly took you a while. Pretty sure we had those all out since the first clip if not before then.

Sonata Dusk even has her own adora-tag on the booru.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 19, 17:47:00
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 19, 03:52:07

No offence m8, but that certainly took you a while. Pretty sure we had those all out since the first clip if not before then.

Sonata Dusk even has her own adora-tag on the booru.

Blerg, I haven't actively been looking into Rainbow Rocks.
I just find stuff out when it shows up on my Facebook feed because of Equestria Daily.

Buddy Minute

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 18, 23:08:24

I love their designs. Whoever's in charge of that is doing a great job.

I really hope Celestia isn't the one who banished them. It's just too weird that she'd unleash these three on some other world as punishment. It's weird that she's even using this mirror as a punishment. I dunno, maybe the mirror was owned by another character, and they're the one who banished them?

Go Up