Hmm... Maybe ya'll can help out a pony 0:)

Started by Kirru, 2014 Jun 27, 19:53:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kirru

I'm a huuge gamer and I've gotten stuck... I've played just about every game on every mmorpg list, been to gamestop a thousand times looking for good games, but I can't get myself away from things like WoW... Even though, as everypony who plays or has played it knows, it's one disappointment after another. (I'm just a lore fanatic by now)

So I'm wondering if anyone's had any games that might interest me... PC, Xbox360 or PS3... I haven't upgraded yet but planning on it!!!!  ovO

I'm not into FPS games too much but I play them, Been hoping to get my hands on DayZ but haven't had the money... Played both Borderlands, beat it, got bored after third DLC...

I love horror games but they're always so short!! Fear was definitely my favorite, I really haven't tried or been able to find Amnesia... Like... anywhere... Only like... off fan made stuff... I wonder if that Fear online is worth playing maybe?

Like I said I've played most MMOs out there, Rift, Runes of Magic, Aion, Wow, I'm in alpha for Hots, LoL, the list could literally go on for hours... I'd need some like hidden secret of a game to play :o

I've got a Wii U and 2ds, but they're both broken so maybe something to really get me motivated to get them fixed? I've got Zombie U, Pokemon X, and Super Mario 3D world, but been iffy on getting them fixed since well... for one they broke so darn easily and for two, other than Pokemon... I play them obsessively for two or three weeks... then get so bored of them I can't look at them for weeks xD

I loved Skyrim especially, but played all of the Elder Scroll games, including beta testing ESO but not liking it enough to buy and play the game for real (Is it worth it super later on by now maybe?)

(Being a beta tester for over 15 years) I also beta'd WildStar but something in it kept me from continuing beyond it... idk if its too close to wow for my taste or if it's just too cartoony, which I thought was my favorite part of the game... Anypony elses' thoughts maybe?  o.O

Maybe some off games that I just haven't found or whatnot... Unknown to those oblivious xD

I'm sooo lost idk xD So I really hope you ponies make something of this, maybe find something you like to play also! I just need something to dooooooo on my days off from boring old work!  >A<  DD:

Thank you thank you everypony
White Pegasus with a baby or robins egg blue/white mane/tail. Long, not short. and ehhh 20% cooler than Rainbow Dash :P If any would like to give a shot at donating art for me? :D :D

Freezing Fade

My sub from WoW ran out a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't interested enough in the game anymore to renew my sub so I was basically in the same situation as you. I tried Wildstar with a free trial, it was fun but not fun enough to shell out 40 euros. So randomly I decided to Spore a shot, I had played it through once before and I enjoyed it. And man, I got hooked on the creature creation aspect, I totally love creating and downloading custom stuff in that game, especially ponies! There's a bundle of the base game + both DLCs are on sale on Steam right now for 13 euros until the 30th, it's totally worth giving a shot if it's on sale, the normal price is way overpriced though.

I could also suggest Vindictus, it's a f2p MMORPG that relies on action, skill and dodging and attacking at the right time rather than button mashing like regular MMORPGs. A great deal of fun, got hundreds of hours logged in that game, I'm burnt out from it at the moment though, the endgame gets pretty repetitive quickly :P

If you're cool with a 2.5D MMORPG, Trickster is a great one. The gameplay is pretty simple and kinda repetitive but the community is awesome. (I made more friends in a single day than I made in a year in WoW) I led a small brony guild in that game, it became inactive sadly  >.<

I used to play DayZ (the mod, not SA) a lot with my friends, I don't really like the state the mod is in these days though. The zeds seem to be way too strong and the loot seems to be way too scarce. (Or we've just been on bad servers) The SA was a letdown when I tried it about a half a year ago, I could probably give it another shot now though and see what's changed.

KirbyFluttershy

Well I believe that you can't play trickster online anymore because When I tried to get back in, the site said that some company stopped hosting it for their reasons.

If you're looking for a good MMORPG, Well Maple story is good if you're looking for free 2 play although a lot of people say it's pay 2 win because of nexon's lack of work activity going on and not following the community and there were a lot of downsides coming in this game so what i'm finding so far is that a lot of people have quit playing the game for their own reasons or playing another game.

Final Fantasy XI is what you can play, but it's pay 2 play. You can also get the game on steam. I'm pretty much experienced player in final fantasy XI since pre-seekers so I may be able to guide you as we play, but we have to take it slow. Final Fantasy XIV is also pay 2 play as well. I've seen a lot of people play the game for now. The community in final fantasy XI is great. Economy is varies by world, and of course there are endgame contents.

also the note-side about maple story, the game lost of players due to nexon's activity, false bans, updates, a lot of issues which is being ignored and can't fix those issues, and terrible events and items so apparently they lost the players to final fantasy XIV and other MMORPGs.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Freezing Fade

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Jun 28, 02:15:38
Well I believe that you can't play trickster online anymore because When I tried to get back in, the site said that some company stopped hosting it for their reasons.

There's a private server up which is just about as active as the official server was.

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Jun 28, 02:15:38
also the note-side about maple story, the game lost of players due to nexon's activity, false bans, updates, a lot of issues which is being ignored and can't fix those issues, and terrible events and items so apparently they lost the players to final fantasy XIV and other MMORPGs.
I should probably mention that Vindictus is hosted by Nexon too. They've taken decent care of it (at least the EU version) but except some p2w too.

AaronMk

2014 Jun 28, 09:32:22 #4 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 28, 17:36:36 by AaronMk
On account of it being free, there's always Team Fortress 2.

Also, Steam is going through a regular Summer Sale so now's a real good chance to jump in and get some cheap games. I'd recommend Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut) which I think is up for five dollars. Bioshock Infinite I think was on sale as well. But on the basis there's no immediate financial risk and all the incentive to get it, I'd still say TF2.

And if you do enjoy Team Fortress then a five dollar purchase at any time from the Mann Co store (I think it's five dollars at least) will set you up with Premium, which means more inventory space for more hats and weapons and a chance are more rare drops.

Otherwise, my suggestions go to:
Fallout New Vegas (with DLC) after plentiful modding to add content that was either removed from the game, or needs to be there to make it a fuller and longer game. This applies to Fallout 3. You can also keep yourself busy for several hundred hours in Skyrim on the hundreds of quests in there.

Half-Life and Half Life 2 and its related Episodic content.

Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, and Victoria 2 if you want to get into Paradox Grand Strategy titles.

ORION: Dino Horde is a game that's like, a dollar. So it's pretty much worth it no matter how you look at it, like Team Fortress 2.

Oh, and Kojima's Melon Slicing Simulator.

I'm also getting into Sleeping Dogs (not the Ubisoft trainwreck Watch_Dogs) which is turning out to be pretty sweet. I can dig the Chinese GTA and the game's version of Hong Kong is pretty fun.

I got a lot of other games I got from this past sale I need to try out too, like Witcher (which is pretty highly praised). I'd bother you with Far Cry, but Far Cry 1 is already turning out to be the closest thing to Dark Souls I've played in the FPS format so I won't bother you with it. This is only trumped by Arma, which is probably the closest thing to realistic modern combat you can get.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Naura

Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Buddy Minute

2014 Jul 06, 11:41:05 #6 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 06, 11:43:51 by Buddy Minute
If you ever get your WiiU fixed, I'd recommend raiding their virtual store and grabbing Earthbound. If you haven't heard of it (and you probably have), it's a hilariously weird game with fun gameplay that still manages to have a few good emotional scenes. It's one that everyone should try frankly.

Speaking games everyone should try, on PS3 there's Journey and the HD Shadow of the Colossus. Assuming you haven't heard of these, they're just absolutely beautiful games in their own right. Of course, these games are all pretty well know, but they're wonderful nonetheless.

For horror games, I don't see Eternal Darkness on your list. It's on the gamecube, so I don't know how you'd play it, but you really should when given the chance! It's a really polished game with great atmosphere and attention to detail. Plus, you've gotten love that Insanity system!

I also second the guy who mentioned Fallout. It's so great. I've played it to death on PS3, and the modded PC version (which I recently bought) should be even better. Those guy give you so much variety in character building, I've probably gone through the game dozens of times with different builds. My favorite was a charismatic sniper with low endurance. :D
Spoiler: show

Kirru

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, lol I've got kind of a hectic life atm working overnight and 3 kids on my back half the time I'm home with housekeeping the other half xD

I love that you guys suggested so much so I'll shuffle through and let you guys know what all I've got here :3

Starting first post down, I haven't heard of Spore, Earthbound, Eternal Darkness(Though I never did have a gamecube... One of the few I've never owned :( ) or pretty much anything that AaronMk mentioned, except for Team Fortress which I've been slightly interested in... Will definitely look those up, and see what I find :3

Journey I watched Pewdiepie and Ghostrobo on Youtube play many times, as fun as it was to watch I don't think it'd be more than another one playthrough and done ordeal... I did play one of the Fallouts.... Whichever one that starts out with a birthday party lol... and I did enjoy that for a few hundred hours... I'll prolly jump out and buy a few of those games :o

I missed Tricksters' peak of play but I did look at it, I believe I was internetless at the time... I'm trying to keep away from off servers due to the <3 <3 <3 of torrents and utorrent hates my computer  D: Everytime I get into it I end up spending buckoos of money with virus removal (Even with top of the line security $90/year services) I also played Vindictus(The graphics and character models are AMAZING though don't get me wrong!) and I'm not a fan of dungeon crawler mmos... Just annoys me, idk I like the free world deal :o Maple Story I played, for about 3 months and got bored rather quickly xD p2w are always like that...

With DayZ  I REALLY want to play that but $50 for a beta with few players except for friends seems a bit steep... and Arma 2 is fun at times but a pain at other times... 

I also missed the first FF online but the second I have on my ps3, and I have to admit its a great community, first week I played I got into a great guild and everything, but without a ps3 keyboard its annoying... and my ps3 doesn't seem to like my usb keyboards... Wish they were compatible... I may end up getting a computer version once we get a bit more money but again thats $30/month for my hubby and I to play together plus the $30~ for the game itself and headsets/keyboard :o I'm on a wally world budget for another 14 months QQ (Cmon time... fly by so hubby gets his degree :D)

Pokemon mmo..... I want a full blown pokemon mmo with 3d character models and breeding.. and riding... and leveling... and battling.... Pokemon x/y online basically :D If they had that... I'd never play another game again I don't think....... I've played those gameboy graphic browser and download games since I was 8 though.... and even though the obsession has stayed... I don't think I want to really play them anymore xD I'm a stickler for graphics... Especially with pokemon xD '

Again tysm for answering me guys and any other suggestions are amazing!!! I'll check those games out Aaron and update what I thinks  0:) <3 0:)
White Pegasus with a baby or robins egg blue/white mane/tail. Long, not short. and ehhh 20% cooler than Rainbow Dash :P If any would like to give a shot at donating art for me? :D :D

GoldenTerrabyte

2014 Jul 15, 11:41:19 #8 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 15, 12:30:41 by Yellowpikmin476
Terraria, Terraria, TERRARIA! You should get it for PC, that is the best version! It's an amazing game! You will NEVER get bored of it I tell ya! It's just packed to the brim with cool items to play with, enemies to fight, places to explore, and bosses to prepare for and fight!
It is a sidescrolling sandbox/adventure game. The BEST part is the amount of ITEMS and STUFF there is to find and play with! From Swords to Spears, Bows to Guns, magical weapons, and even more variety than that! I really suggest getting this game! You will NOT be disappointed!

And definitely do NOT knock it within the first half hour! It's the kind of game that the farther you get in, the cooler and more interesting it gets!
I'm back

Nala Valor

I remember a Chanel on YouTube did a video about games that flew under the radar of popularity. Maybe that could interest you. Sadly I can't link the video since I'm on iPod and its a pain to copy paste YouTube things so just search "games you might not have tried" or search the Chanel "extra credit" and into there playlists.

Buddy Minute

I forgot a very special game from a long time ago, but I'm going to throw it out there despite the fact that it's just on Nintendo DS. Ghost Trick. It's a puzzle game with limited replay, but the storytelling and style are great. It's rank it up there with Earthbound, Shadow of the Colossus, and other great games for providing a good emotional experience.
Spoiler: show

AaronMk

I'd also like to add to my recommended list.

Although the game takes a lot of heat, and opinion is heavily split I now would say with a straight-face: pick up Far Cry 2. In the light of 3 - which I haven't gotten to yet - it feels sort of under-appreciated for what it is. I do have my qualms with it, but the premise and core principles I find fascinating and fun.

As a run-down, you could jokingly call Far Cry 2 Ubisoft's Malaria Survival Sim, or Central African survival sim. The game puts you in the shoes of one of a wide number of characters sent to kill the arms dealer named The Jackal (who in his weird way is the best character in Far Cry 2). As the character wanders the fictional Central African nation while it's in the clutches of violent civil war means the player character needs to face things like gun jams and back-fires which makes many fire-fights with well-used weapons tense and unpredictable. The AI will actively seek you out, and not just wander around in a sort of "alert" state with a heightened cone of vision; they'll respond to changes around them like explosions and act thus.

The Malaria effect feels something of an after thought though, and there hasn't been a single moment it's ever threatened me. And unless you want to be a hardcore survivalists regular visits to the armory will over-ride the weapons malfunctions, and there's enough dotted around that a pit-stop between missions isn't inconvenient or too out of the way.

The major qualm I have with the game is its writing. It doesn't have a story that's nearly as solid as the world and what makes it dangerous. The characters aren't all that fleshed out (then again, Far Cry 1 was worse in that respect in a hundred different ways). And all the dialog is spoken in as quickly a way as it was written, most of the time there does't seem to be that much emotion. And a lot of the story elements aren't that well explained beyond what it is you have to shoot and where it is; at least Far Cry 1 explored in some way the alien-monkeys.

The Jackal only stands out as the best character. His evident insanity excuses the terrible dialog that afflicts everyone (and Bai is excused from this because he's, well, Chinese). And through the Jackal Tapes his history and motivations are better explored.

I also noticed I didn't mention it earlier, or has it been mentioned. But: BIOSHOCK BIOSHOCK BIOSHOCK.

Even if you have to fight with Bioshock 1 to work I recommend getting into the trilogy. Muscling through 1 and going through 2 is well worth it when you work your way up to Bioshock Infinite as someone fully primed to the world of Bioshock, and not someone who would have just as well got into Infinite because it was the cool new thing of its time.

Because a slave obeys. So would you kindly?

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Kirru

Been through the Bioshock games over and over again, it's quite memorable to me actually xD My husband wouldn't play the first one cause it was 'too dark' as he complained, Simply hiding the fact that around every turn he jumped at the simplest noise xD I pick on him to this day... He won't even touch Dead Space xD Although I must say the latest Bioshock has been a bit of a downer for me... I was excited and loved the story but it's WAY too short and the DLC takes WAY too long to come out... We bought the super duper amazing omega expensive version with ALL DLC downloads with it... and only two have come out xD and just as everything else, we played it, discarded it, and went back to get Bioshock 2 instead xD Went from a pretty decent length game with one, to a really in depth for 2.. down to... Ehh lets make a sequel! In the third one -.- Horrible... Just... Just... don't make a game if you're not going to go all out peeps... It sucks : /

lol anyway I found a good game to keep me interested and bash me if you want... but I finally tried Star Trek Online... Being a Trekkie since I was little... (I grew up to X-Files and Star Trek xD) I'd been resisting for the last four years to play it and I feel bad I didn't... The community is still pretty large even after losing, a lot like WoW has... but since it's got both on land and space gameplay I'm pretty happy... and I just got my Galaxy (U.S.S Enterprise Next Gen ship) so I'm dishin out the proton torpedoes :P *engage*

I never got into real time games like EvE though... but now I'm definitely looking at wishing and dreaming of the new game that's expensive as hell but worth every penny... I'll ask hubby the name when he wakes up and repost... Only bad thing there is I work at Wal-mart and he's in college... so I'm pretty sure we all know what kind of budget I'm dealing with :D *payday* yay I made 700$! Ok.... 900$ of bills... 200$ for groceries... 1050$ for rent... Welp... I'm screwed again :D *works like a grunt* yay menial pay :o

Anyyyywhoo xD I never really got into Far Cry... Though the YouTube moments are definitely worth a laugh xD Even on the hardest difficulty it's pretty lame

Nala Valor definitely get back to me on that channel if you get the chance, I would love to hear about it... Everytime I look things up it's just the same games over and over -.-'

and for lil Yellow Pikmin who sounds so much like Pikachu O.o I loathe to play sidescrollers... But I'll send my hubby that direction xD I'm an open world let's explore the universe kind of person... and Sidescrollers, even Child of Light bored me a bit because of the you must stay on this course during the entire game deal... I'm an explorer, I can't help it :P

Dunno if anyone was interested but I'll throw it out there for my suggestions... Just came out so it's still full price... Sacred 3... I loved Sacred 2 to bits and pieces and they released their newest about two weeks ago, Been having fun with that :3 The voice acting is... well pretty cheesy... but it definitely knocks out a few laughs... Gameplay is pretty unique also :3 Go Go Power Rangers! O.o Ok I'm done :D

Welp thanks for more ideas :D They always interest me and keep them coming :o I'm bound to find something eventually!!

Zsaszz

Well I have several suggestions too, im more of a MMORPG and RPG fan, Dragon's Dogma is a really good game, and it has a really good duration, especially if you get the Dark Arisen edition that comes with the Dlc, Kingdoms of Amalur is another Great game too, it has an art style similar to Wow, but it's not online( there was goin to be an Online Kingdoms of Amalur, but the studio went bankrupt so they never finished it), I was going to suggest Sacred too but it looks like you already played it, Dark souls is an excellent choice too but its unforgiving difficulty makes it unattractive to some people, to me it was excellent, and more but only will add those for now.

In the Fps genre I can suggest Planetside 2 but you need to have a really good pc( or wait until it comes out on the ps4), someone already suggested Far Cry which is a really good game, wolfenstein the New order is really good too, Metro Last Light is awesome, one of my favorite games, Crysis 3( but is rather short).

I will also suggest my favorite game of all times: Metal Gear, Great game, with Great storyline, but it's better if you start from the first game on the ps1( or going even further, the Metal Gear game of the NES  :P), so you can get a better view of the story, otherwise you will not understand the story at all.

Minecraft and terraria are really entertaining and time consuming both.

And I can keep going on and on, but I will only say those for the moment  lol

Kirru

lol yep you've listed more of my gaming regime xD

I actually have Dragon's Dogma now... Very entertaining, still playing it actually xD I love games with extra content... Dragon Age/Elder Scrolls/Mass Effect were all very fun since they had multiple playthroughs available and much more than just good or evil, building friendships and relationships are a huuuge plus in a game. Never heard of Kingdoms of Amalur though... Is it PC/Ps3? We played Dark Souls and Dark souls 2... Demon souls we never got to play though... I'm still wondering whether that'll keep us happy?

We played Planetside... was fun but I don't really like the vast intensity of it myself.. You walk out to up to 150 people in a map on each side... Spawn, dead, spawn, dead.. 5 seconds later, dead.

I really hope no one hates me for it but I loathe Minecraft... I'm a graphics freak... Gotta look at least somewhat human.. lol I was never into legos, actually I ended up falling and getting one lodged into my side as a kid... Was NOT fun removing that nasty thing. Runescape is another thing I absolutely loathe.. Just.... Never got into them... Now with Everquest Landmark coming out I definitely will be playing that, wishing I had 50$ to dish out to them extra to get to play.... Thats detailed and same ideas as Minecraft so I hope to get into that, cause I loved Horizons/Istaria if anyone knows of those... Sandbox is great, my favorite type of game... but I need the detail!!!

PocketShadow

2014 Aug 14, 22:46:31 #15 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 14, 23:13:29 by PocketShadow
I'm not really too experienced with MMOs honestly. I've played a few :P
Have you tried any RPG-Maker horror games? They're pretty awesome and I'm sure any computer can run them. I recommend Ib, The Witch's House, and Mad Father.

If your PC is powerful enough you could always get a bunch of emulators and play tons of old games. I've been playing a lot of PS1 games recently. Mainly Spyro and Crash Bandicoot as of now. :3
:P

Go Up