Season 5 Discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2014 Jan 31, 19:17:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shadow-Flare

season 5 is going to be the best season so I got a lot of expiation also hi to anyone I don't know (just cause) :P

LostSanity

New season officially starts tomorrow!!

I'm excited. Really. I am. I can't believe I survived that longer-than-it-should-have-been wait.

However... I'm still a little worried...

I just want the longer-than-it-should-have-been wait to be worth it...

:I
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Buddy Minute

Waiting game, engaged.

*Has Hungry, Hungry Hippos ready*
Spoiler: show

LostSanity

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Gamepad

Massive Episode 1/2 Spoiilers :3

The town is strange for sure. Some of the Cutie Marks to me look like the Sims Traits and also some that already exist in LoE. The smiles all look like botox. :3

To me it also, feels like a Fallout Vault, something from Stable-Tec them and their weird experiments. Starlight Glimmer being the Overseer.

Also similar to a real life country, where all of the population they seem to believe whatever their leader says. Also, at the end Wilhelm scream.

Dream Dust

Just finished watching it. I won't spoil anything, I'm just going to say it was good.

That and I'm glad I can finally visit my favorite pony sites without having to worry about spoilers.

Pinkie Pie was just amazing the whole time. I couldn't get enough of her! :D

Quillpen

2015 Apr 04, 12:16:27 #46 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 04, 14:24:58 by LaptopBrony

TecFox

2015 Apr 04, 13:36:17 #47 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 04, 15:56:53 by TecFox
The S5 premiere was great. I can't wait for the next episode :D
Pinkie's facial expressions and that baloon pony (I think his name was Party Favor) with his bridge made my day lol.

Off-Topic but I have to let this out:
The German S4 premiere surprised me with a new voice for Rainbow Dash, Ugh... :facehoof:.
I don't know how to describe it, she tries to sound and to act like the English Rainbow Dash but fails in many attempts.
Her representation of RD's character/personality seems a bit off - It feels more forced than natural.
Now her voice is even more annoying than before.
Or maybe it's because I've never heard this voice before and I just have to get used to it.
Well, we'll see where this is going. >:/
What if I told you that you just wasted 5 seconds of your life by reading this line?
Also, here is my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMLykq9VgsRc-8jznL0UswA

Pipkin

Just a friendly reminder everyone, please make sure any discussions or screenshots from new episodes are hidden in spoiler tags until the monday following release, as per Section 2 of the rules.  Thanks!

Sunshine Smash

2015 Apr 04, 17:04:14 #49 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 04, 17:09:18 by Sunshine Smash
This was probably my favorite 2-parter! Even better than Twi's Kingdom!

I kinda want to see more of those 4 ponies at the end. Double Diamond sounds like a really cool guy!

I'm also really tense about what happened at the end there. What happened to Glimmer!? That's kind of nerve racking. No villian had escaped before, and still had villainous intent. This was a really cool twist, AND I REALLY WANT TO SEE MORE!

:3

EDIT: Does anyone know if there is an extended version of that credit song? It sounded awesome!

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chromastone64

I liked this start. You know you have a good villain when I hate their guts.
I actually fount the episodes a bit dark, what with Glimmer trying to, y'now, BLARGH everyone at the end. I was a little annoyed by Fluttershy throughout the start though.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Apr 04, 19:31:26
I liked this start. You know you have a good villain when I hate their guts.
I actually fount the episodes a bit dark, what with Glimmer trying to, y'now, BLARGH everyone at the end. I was a little annoyed by Fluttershy throughout the start though.

This may sound like a shocker, but I kinda saw her to be kinda like Senator Armstrong.

They both had good intentions, but went about them in all the wrong ways. And they were both stopped by people who tried to do the same thing as them, just in a way that wouldn't make the world horrible.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Nuserame

It Begins!

Spoiler: On EP 1-2. More spoilers for the spoiler pile! • show

A classic story, wrapped in pony.

I did not expect them to go there but I liked it! The story itself didn't do anything very surprising, but it really made for one entertaining episode. I especially liked Pinkie in this one, and the villain (her name kinda got away from me) was pretty well played, with just the right level of convincingness and evil undertone. The later of which should never become an overtone, like Sunset Shimmers somewhat cringe-worthy display in the first EQG movie...

It also once more shows that the majority of ponies are hilariously bad at spotting lies and insincerities... They have all the worse human traits, greed, fear, herd mentality, etc, except they are just really bad at hiding it and acting on it and the worst they generally do to each other is locking them in a house or throwing pie. It turns even a generally pretty dark story like this into something rather harmless and adorable!

Twilight is getting kinda preachy though. It was pretty funny how the villain kept interrupting her.

And I'm just gonna stay out of the Stalinist/Orwellian analogy theories because uh, that's taking things a bit too far even for me.

Also most of this thread does not discuss season 5? It was made in April 2014... maybe not do that for season 6.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chishio Kunrin

This was a really interesting premiere! Starlight Glimmer was really well-done as a villain, as a manipulative character who is actually pretty convincing. I never expected her to have her cutie mark!
I kind of wonder if Starlight Glimmer will come back later in the season.

I definitely can't wait for more episodes! :3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 05, 01:25:29
This was a really interesting premiere! Starlight Glimmer was really well-done as a villain, as a manipulative character who is actually pretty convincing. I never expected her to have her cutie mark!
I kind of wonder if Starlight Glimmer will come back later in the season.

I definitely can't wait for more episodes! :3

Given the ending it's more or less set up for Starlight Jong-Un to be the big bad for this season. Or at least one of them. If their cutie marks lead them all over the country to solve problems like this, then they're liable to meet a lot of baddies and make a lot of eneimes. I could see this season finale culminating with all of the baddies they tee-off throughout the series joining forces to take them down.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Apr 05, 01:42:00
Given the ending it's more or less set up for Starlight Jong-Un to be the big bad for this season. Or at least one of them. If their cutie marks lead them all over the country to solve problems like this, then they're liable to meet a lot of baddies and make a lot of eneimes. I could see this season finale culminating with all of the baddies they tee-off throughout the series joining forces to take them down.

True, true. This certainly has the potential to end up with the season finale being the Mane Six facing off against a Bad Six. Especially considering Starlight Glimmer's name is yet another name that reflects off Twilight Sparkle's. That, and we never got Starlight's backstory. We have no idea why she did this.

Think about it...
- Nightmare Moon: We learned the story of how Luna grew envious of how the ponies played during the day and slept through the night, and her envy transformed her into Nightmare Moon. We knew why she wanted to make it night forever.
- Discord: We were told that he ruled Equestria with chaos, reveling in everypony's suffering and torment.
- Chrysalis: She explained that Equestria has the most love of any land she has ever seen and that she wanted to conquer Equestria so her changelings could feed on the ponies' love.
- Sombra: Celestia explained that he had conquered the Crystal Empire and that he had a dark heart full of hatred. So, I guess we're to assume he did what he did out of hatred and darkness.
- Sunset Shimmer: It was explained that she used to be one of Celestia's students, but she grew impatient with Celestia's method of teaching. She wanted power, and she wanted it fast.
- Tirek: We were told the whole story of him and Scorpan going to Equestria to take over. He just wanted to be powerful and rule Equestria.
- The Dazzlings: Twilight explained their backstory that Starswirl banished them to another world due to how much conflict they were stirring up. Adagio was pretty upfront with the audience about what she and the other two wanted - to be adored. I like to headcanon that they grew up lonely due to ponies ostracizing them just because they were sirens, so Adagio decided they should just force others to love them. Sonata went into a simpler, happier place in her mind, and Aria closed herself off, telling herself she didn't need anyone. It was Adagio who pulled them together for such a plot.

But anyway, we didn't get anything about Starlight. Not a speck of her backstory, no explanation for why she feels the way she does or why she did all of this. We've always gotten some kind of explanation for villains, but not her. It makes me think she'll come back and they'll explain later.
I can only imagine that she was tired of living in envy of other ponies' talents or something, and she wanted to feel superior for once. I wonder what exactly her talent is.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Mizuki

I thought the two episodes were kinda predictable, but it was a nice change of pace from the usual "zoMG EPICNESS!!" type of premieres we usually see. I like grand openers too, but this was very refreshing ^-^

Anyway more under the spoiler!
I love how Pinkie Pie was a little more subdued in these episodes. After what we've seen of her lately, I was expecting her to be screeching at the top of her lungs about how fake everyone's smiles were, but instead she was just making hilariously judgmental faces the whole time. I loved it!! :D

I also loved the way Fluttershy was utilized in this episode too. I know that a lot of the time she's kind of the butt of every joke for being a total scardy-cat, but I love how important she was to the plot of the opener. Not to mention, watching her bob her head to the beat of the catchy song was so friggen adorable, omg.

(Did I mention I liked the song? Because I did! I do!)

I think the incidental ponies were great too. I was a little apprehensive about them including more stallions at first (seeing as how, in most kids shows, girls are usually outnumbered 4 to 1. I didn't want that to happen with pony too!) but the few that were shown were total sweethearts and of course Sugar Belle played a prominent role as well.

As Jerky as Rainbow Dash seemed in the episode, I thought she was being completely within her character to act the way she did, so I didn't mind. As a matter of fact everyone seemed pretty in character, which was fabulous.

I'm glad I stayed cautiously optimistic for Season 5. I'm currently enjoying it without getting disappointed either <3

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Cryptic-Dash

I thought pinkie was just best in this episode despite the fact I thought the overall episode(s), everything seemed to be solved to quick, still though... I can see starlight glimmer coming back like a Trixie style showdown.  :/

Still enjoyed the premiere though   ovO

PaintedStar

This was my favourite Season premiere so far.. Also my favourite two episodes in he whole show...

I hate Double Diamond's voice... It's soooo annoying. Also, my brother said he looks like Justin Bieber after getting his mark back... No wonder his talent is not singing  :D

Ründo

So their butts are now beacons... as long as it doesn't light up the night sky... otherwise the CMC will get involved.  "Girls. It's the cutie mark symbol. Cutie mark Crusaders away."
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Go Up