Odd cooking mistakes

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Nov 24, 17:37:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lord of Madness

Even though I did not take this image it happened to me... while boiling spaghetti i managed to set it on fire...

Nala Valor

I don't get the logic in this...  :I

Chishio Kunrin

Supposed to break the noodles in half and drop them in the water. :I That way they're completely submerged.

But yesh, noodles can burn. There's a ramen box thing you can get called Yakisoba, and the instructions specifically say that if you don't pour the water to the fill line, your noodles might ignite and burn. They're delicious, so it's worth the risk.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Johannes

My friend was making a salad in school. He had to put some vinegar to it.

He mixed teaspoon and tablespoon.

lurk852

Those are some pretty awesome mishaps.

One time in 6th grade my class was on an overnight field trip to live on an old ship for the duration. It went fine for my class, but as for the other class going on that trip, one of the guys assigned to make breakfast in the galley was apparently not too experienced in cooking. He was supposed to put salt in the stew he was making.

He mixed teaspoon and cup.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Flamestriker

I once managed to get a pudding with a gooey inside.

I mixed up! It was supposed to be fully solid. I put about a whole bottle of milk into it...
[move][/move]

Sea Foam

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 24, 17:44:32
Supposed to break the noodles in half and drop them in the water. :I That way they're completely submerged.

But yesh, noodles can burn. There's a ramen box thing you can get called Yakisoba, and the instructions specifically say that if you don't pour the water to the fill line, your noodles might ignite and burn. They're delicious, so it's worth the risk.

So, that's how I managed that one...  >:/

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Julius

I once tried making French Toast with that... Horrible diet bread because there was no other bread.

The resulting... Stuff... Looked like and tasted like pancakes, sweet, sweet pancakes. :P

And...

I once tried making rice, nothing special. I added so much stuff and I cooked it in such a way, that I got myself a fine Risotto. :]
Purr~

LaptopCommandStation

I cooked a frozen pizza once

Forgot to take the cardboard off the bottom

I'm surprised it didn't catch fire, but the crust didn't cook at all.
I also tried cooking chicken wings in the microwave.  Not recommended.
Oh, and the time I tried reheating my Tim Hortons coffee and burned the cup.  That was a joy.

I'm a man living by myself so i'll likely come up with a few more of these.. X3

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Nov 24, 20:35:34
I cooked a frozen pizza once

Forgot to take the cardboard off the bottom

I'm surprised it didn't catch fire, but the crust didn't cook at all.
I also tried cooking chicken wings in the microwave.  Not recommended.
Oh, and the time I tried reheating my Tim Hortons coffee and burned the cup.  That was a joy.

I'm a man living by myself so i'll likely come up with a few more of these.. X3

Cooking frozen hot wings in the microwave is sooo much lower quality. Most of the time, they're slimier if you cook them in the microwave rather than the oven.

Always have your pizza sitting on top of something, not just right on top of the bars of the rack in your oven. The pizza can sink through the bars and make a gooey mess in your oven. Seen it on the internet a few times.

Book Smarts

I've burnt hot chocolate and tv dinners because a family member put our microwave's voltage to max which lowers the time needed to microwave stuff safely.

how did you manage to set spagetti on fire  o_o ?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 25, 10:06:48
I've burnt hot chocolate and tv dinners because a family member put our microwave's voltage to max which lowers the time needed to microwave stuff safely.

how did you manage to set spagetti on fire  o_o ?

If the Yakisoba ramen is any clue, I'm guessing that dry noodles will ignite when exposed to excessive heat.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 24, 18:37:03

One time in 6th grade my class was on an overnight field trip to live on an old ship for the duration. It went fine for my class, but as for the other class going on that trip, one of the guys assigned to make breakfast in the galley was apparently not too experienced in cooking. He was supposed to put salt in the stew he was making.

in my head that much salt sounds delicious

Flamestriker

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Nov 26, 02:15:24
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 24, 18:37:03

in my head that much salt sounds delicious

It does, doesn't it?

I once burned toast in a toaster. We needed to buy a new toaster after that mishap.
[move][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

I burned peanut butter once.

SweBow

I once reheated a lasanga I made in the microwave. All of a sudden I hear a loud pop noise and the whole inside of the microwave is covered in lasagna. I still to this day haven't figured out how it happened but my guess is some airpocket.

Chishio Kunrin

Oh yeah, if you cook hot dogs in a microwave, make sure to stab them a few times with a fork. If you don't put holes in them, they'll explode.

Rissian

That actually almost happened to me when I was cooking a corn dog once.  :I It didn't explode but it did mess up the corn dog.

I once left a cookie in the microwave I was reheating it so it would be soft and gooey again turns out I left it in for too long because I got distracted and the smoke alarms started going off there was no fire just a smokey cookie.  ovO

My cooking turns out good usually 70% of the time the other 30% can sometimes have odd results.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Nov 26, 02:59:07
I once reheated a lasanga I made in the microwave. All of a sudden I hear a loud pop noise and the whole inside of the microwave is covered in lasagna. I still to this day haven't figured out how it happened but my guess is some airpocket.

I am still laughing at the image in my head of this.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 26, 02:25:47
I burned peanut butter once.

I just... I don't... this forum.

My brother and I made bannock, which is campfire bread, from this freaking gross-flank pancake mix. Was horrid. Then we cut holes in apples, filled it woth maple syrup, and roasted them on a stick. Delicious.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Go Up