Baby's First OC: Coronita

Started by Coronita, 2018 Apr 18, 01:14:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Coronita

Hey everypony! First off let me say I adore LoE and many of the people I've met there have shared some great times with me. This OC developed quite naturally off the experiences she's had in LoE, and I think I'm at a point I can call her my mane pony. Pretty much a self-insert in many ways - I am not an actor, but I do want to play this role, so I'm trying to keep it simple for myself.

Getting on with it:

Name: Coronita - This is a play on the sun and the beer. It comes from... uh, Sponish? Heh. There's the burro influence. More on that in a bit.

Race: Unicorn.

Age: A very young adult, has had her cutie mark for maybe a week.

Appearance: Lots of yellow. Very slightly greenish, mostly-light-yellow coat. Her mane is styled in a short mohawk, bright yellow with orange-ish yellow shadows. Lime-green eyes.

Cutie Mark: A half-sun half-lime. She very recently got her cutie mark after teaching a Judo class (actually I want to change the name of this martial art to something more ponyish) for the first time. Whatever this mark specifically means I can't actually figure out - it's really just based on the name. Her personality might help me figure that out though? Her story still is in progress...

Character: A warm, energetic pony. Cares and worries for her friends. She's the type to slow down to give a pep talk to a runner that's falling behind. Competitive, but not for the sake of winning - she just wants to become the brightest pony she can be, and wants the same for everyone around her. She falls somewhere between Kindness and Honesty, if we're thinking about the Elements of Harmony. Her life is a balance between playing guitar and practicing martial arts. She does both without the use of her horn - she often feels insecure about not pushing herself hard enough.

Background: Grew up bouncing back and forth between Manehattan and a small Burro village in Mexicolt - I've taken a page out of the fanfic author kudzuhaiku's worldbuilding here.

Ehm... that's all I got for now. What does everypony think? Am I missing some things, or should I keep it vague to give myself breathing room? Any other tips? I want to start making OCs that are a bit less like me, too, and playing their roles.

Cloudy Skies

Shnuggles are nature's way of saying "Want a hug?" :P
Also they are a way of saying "I'm scared." :P
They also could mean "CAN I LATCH ONTO YOU LIKE A CRAZY PONY!?!?!?!"

Coronita

I'd be honored! I'm gonna want to make up a new OC for that one, though. I'll post it in your thread, OK?  :D

Cloudy Skies

Shnuggles are nature's way of saying "Want a hug?" :P
Also they are a way of saying "I'm scared." :P
They also could mean "CAN I LATCH ONTO YOU LIKE A CRAZY PONY!?!?!?!"

Go Up