Unusua Academy, A School For Ponies With Unusual Powers (Sign up first)

Started by MrSpyro, 2014 Jan 28, 20:08:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Checkmate

Not if it is a draw.  Observe.  Checkmate's hooves moved in a flurry, and, soon enough, the board was empty save for the kings.

Rush of MLP

Rush rubbed his chin. [Color=gray]"I see your point, but how would it be practical for anything to end in a draw?"[/color]

Checkmate

A draw is a tactically safe situation if a victory is impossible.  After all, the opponent cannot react immediately if they were not expecting a draw.  If a pony is expecting a draw, they'll know how to react in that situation.

Rush of MLP

Rush chuckled, accepting defeat. [Color=gray]"I see. At least you don't have any holes in your logic, unlike some ponies..."[/color]

Checkmate

Any holes in one's logic are merely weaknesses to be exploited.  Checkmate finally looked around, before holding out a hoof.  Checkmate.

Rush of MLP

[Color=gray]"Rush."[/color] He said, shaking Checkmate's hoof.

Checkmate

Pleasure to meet at least one other pony who can hold an intelligent conversation.

Rush of MLP

[Color=gray]"Likewise. Though I must say, it is a bit odd that you would put yourself out away from everypony, given your talent. I would assume you may want to become familiar with the others' talents, just in case you would need to use that knowledge in your favor at some point."[/color] Rush said, looking around

Checkmate

I've been watching them.  I don't need to talk to them to see their talents, many of them demonstrate easily.  And, should they attempt to harm me, they're too rash.  It's easily counterable.

Rush of MLP

[Color=gray]"And mine?"[/color] Rush asked in a curious, yet vaguely serious tone.

Checkmate

You've been smart enough to not demonstrate it.  May I ask, since I gave you mine?

Rush of MLP

Rush thought a moment, hesitating for a moment before answering. [Color=gray]"I suppose. I am a master of memory-tapping and illusion magic."[/color]

Checkmate

Interesting.  I must admit, I've dabbled in illusion magic.  I simply don't have the strength for a longer lasting illusion.  Still, the tactical possibilities are endless.

Rush of MLP

[Color=gray]"Hm. That's interesting, but I can still see your strengths lying in a better place than discouragement of the enemy, or even distraction."[/color] Rush said with a shrug.

Checkmate

Indeed.  While those are factors, they do not win a fight alone.

Rush of MLP

[Color=gray]"And neither does brute strength, nor strategy without the means of pulling it off."[/color]

Checkmate

Exactly.  One must always understand the capabilities of their forces or themselves.  Only then can they even begin to formulate a strategy.

Rush of MLP

[Color=gray]"Though one also must realize the willingness of the forces under them; one disobeyed order and a plan can be sent into disarray and fail."[/color]

Checkmate

Indeed.  The proper method seems to be to combine punishment and celebration.  Lean too much towards cruelty, and soldiers will desert.  Other way, and they may be loyal, but they will be less organized.

Rush of MLP

[Color=gray]"Or they could lean towards mutiny if being treated poorly, but with your mindset, I don't feel as though you would have to worry too much with that. Reward the good, punish the bad; that, I admit, is a good overall strategy towards life."[/color]

Go Up