Odd things you just learned.

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2012 Aug 21, 21:42:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 26, 21:25:40
Quote from: Night Sight on 2012 Aug 26, 21:16:18
Lets get back on topic shall we?
Cats have a likely chance to have extra toes. My cat actually has 7 on each paw XD

I've seen kittens with five toes on each hind paw before. The condition of a cat having extra toes is called polydactyl.

It's more likely to occur in cats from the east coast of the USA and the west coast of England.

This is going to be another cat-topic, isn't it.
Spoiler: Well, I learned this about cats through the suffering of others. • show
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Aug 26, 21:34:59
Cats have a likely chance to have extra toes. My cat actually has 7 on each paw XD

I've seen kittens with five toes on each hind paw before. The condition of a cat having extra toes is called polydactyl.

It's more likely to occur in cats from the east coast of the USA and the west coast of England.

Spoiler: Well, I learned this about cats through the suffering of others. • show

This... is... BRILLIANT! lol

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 26, 21:36:56
Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Aug 26, 21:34:59

This... is... BRILLIANT! lol

I just want to give this guy my money... Just because I have never seen an evil Idea so genius.

Little Judas

That the chocolate moose made in the MMMystery on the Friendship Express, is a pun.
Chocolate mousse --> Chocolate moose
I feel silly just noticing now.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Aug 27, 05:20:21
That the chocolate moose made in the MMMystery on the Friendship Express, is a pun.

I feel like whoever made the chocolate moose cheated. I've never seen mousse with the consistency of jello.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 27, 05:22:10
Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Aug 27, 05:20:21

I feel like whoever made the chocolate moose cheated. I've never seen mousse with the consistency of jello.

MULIA!!! >:O

Lord of Madness

that in WoW the voidwalker can give you a shield :3

Rissian

2012 Aug 28, 17:19:47 #47 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 28, 17:25:11 by Trege
Not really something I just learned but it does feel odd. My nephew is 12 years old and he's taller than I am. I'm only maybe 5.5FT so it's slightly odd being shorter than someone who's 12 years old.

Book Smarts

The pet battle system isn't coming out until World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria  :c

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 28, 17:19:47
Not really something I just learned but it does feel odd. My nephew is 12 years old and he's taller than I am. I'm only maybe 5.5FT so it's slightly odd being shorter than someone who's 12 years old.

I'm like 5'0" or 5'1". In high school, I was shorter than the students who were younger than me.

Apparently, a mother can carry a tall gene. My mom's friend has a son who's extremely tall. It wasn't until his younger step-sister ended up quickly gaining height on me that I realized that it's because of their mom, not because of his dad. :I

Seriously, though, I'm a high school graduate. I'm 19. And this girl is just now going into 6th grade, and she's already a bit taller than I am.

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 28, 20:04:58
I'm like 5'0" or 5'1". In high school, I was shorter than the students who were younger than me.

Apparently, a mother can carry a tall gene. My mom's friend has a son who's extremely tall. It wasn't until his younger step-sister ended up quickly gaining height on me that I realized that it's because of their mom, not because of his dad. :I

Seriously, though, I'm a high school graduate. I'm 19. And this girl is just now going into 6th grade, and she's already a bit taller than I am.

Both my parents are kind of short my dad is 5'6 1/2" and my mom's 5'4" almost all of my relatives are taller than me though. My cousins are really tall and my nephew's dad and his family are tall which is probably why my nephew is taller then I am. His grandma on his dads side is about 6'2".

It's probably why I'm not very tall but it doesn't bother me much it only feels odd when someone way younger is taller than me.  X3

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 28, 22:47:21
Both my parents are kind of short my dad is 5'6 1/2" and my mom's 5'4" almost all of my relatives are taller than me though. My cousins are really tall and my nephew's dad and his family are tall which is probably why my nephew is taller then I am. His grandma on his dads side is about 6'2".

It's probably why I'm not very tall but it doesn't bother me much it only feels odd when someone way younger is taller than me.  X3

i'm the oldest son, and the shortest in the whole family

Even my nephew is almost up to my chest.
He's 6

Lord of Madness

Fathers determine height mothers determine weight.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Aug 29, 00:26:13

Are you telling me it's just a coincidence? Their mother is actually really tall herself. Her son, who she had with her first husband, is freakishly tall. The daughter that I mentioned was had with her current husband, and she's extremely tall.

Lord of Madness

More or less the father determines the height of the child. The mother determines the weight. If though the mothers weight ratio is to much for a tall frame, you will be forced to be short so your bones don't break.

Rissian

2012 Aug 29, 00:47:52 #55 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 29, 00:51:54 by Trege
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Aug 29, 00:26:13

I don't really think weight is carried over in genetics, genetics can play a big factor in how your body gains weight or if you have a condition that causes weight gain, but if you were born completely healthy I think it ultimately depends on if you exercise and eat right, I think something other than genetics affects weight before you're born.

My cousin's father and mother are shorter than him but he still ended up tall likely from someone else in his family line, I think you can inherit traits from your grandparents but I'm not sure.

Lord of Madness

Genetics determine your body make up. A huge one is actually natural bone density. which determines height. but nutrition also determines how well your body can adapt to its height and help. but other than that Genetics determine height. That is why you stop growing at one point and dont grow forever. Ever see those giants that grow over 10 ft tall and have body problems? its because of genetics.

Rissian

2012 Aug 29, 01:02:24 #57 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 29, 01:10:10 by Trege
Err, I know.   :s

I was just saying that my cousin is taller than his parents so it's not ultimately up to parents to determine your height, or else he would have been shorter or as tall as as them, and from what I've just read you can inherit traits from grandparents, that were recessive in your parents but not in you, if I'm not wrong on this.

Chishio Kunrin

I just learned that it's pretty easy to imagine the character Justin Law from Soul Eater as a brony, especially after you see him headbutt someone, shouting "This is a headbutt of love!!!" Imagine him listening to brony music while kicking evil's butt "Love and Tolerate" style.
Spoiler: Picture • show

Rissian

*You Got to Share, You Got to Care. playing*
"This is a headbutt of love!"  >:O

That trying to sneak up and tame a wild kitten is a lot harder because of how easily they can turn around even after you caught them and sink their claws into your hand. I tried petting it and it rotated on it's back while I had it and clawed me.  :I

Usually once I catch them I try to pet them until they calm down.

Go Up