General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

S_Realm

Of course they would add more megalutions...

Zoroark

I kinda lost my third gen games before I got to play them... ono Hopefully this will make up for that :3
Steam Username: Festive Sapphire Splash

3DS Friend Code: 0173 - 1798 - 3148
My OCs!

S_Realm

Having played every generation except the current one (3DS too expensive for me to buy on my own, no more parents to ask for money >.< ) I really think the only thing that these remakes will do is introduce the 3rd generation to a new generation of kids.

Zhai

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 May 08, 10:31:32
Quote from: SerebiiIn The Games Department

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Following its reveal yesterday, there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. We'll bring more on these games as it comes

I guess that answers that.

ooooh i see. before yesterday, i never expected a sequel so thats ok. but now i think it would be cool to be a sequel aaay  lol kinda post apocaliptic hoenn. more water and earthyeaah

im still ok with the full remakes, im gonna still get them
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

Zoroark

And also, I thought the sequel was Emerald...   o.O

My OCs!

Sakura_Blossom

S_Realm

I hope they vastly expand the map (not necessarily add new places). The current gen makes narrow routes seem like antiquated gaming history. Wouldn't it be fun to explore an ACTUAL desert instead of a some# X somebigger# square-ish area?

Rikaria

Quote from: Zoroark on 2014 May 08, 12:12:32

Emerald wasn't much of a sequel, honestly. It just changed the storyline a bit, not continue where Ruby/Sapphire left off.

Speaking of which, they're probably gonna put Emerald elements in these remakes like bringing back Battle Frontier or something (kinda like how HeartGold/SoulSilver had Crystal elements in it). /deja vu
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

Let's not forget those dreadful moments in clearing the pokemon contest. Last time I couldn't clear smart and cute contest categories, but I don't like to be going through that in legit way except cool, beauty, and tough contest categories.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

The Contests didn't bother me, actually; I managed to get everything from them.

That being said, I wonder how they'll be brought back (and if Feebas will need Dry (Beauty) PokéBlocks again to evolve).

Zoroark

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 May 08, 13:15:27
Quote from: Zoroark on 2014 May 08, 12:12:32

Emerald wasn't much of a sequel, honestly. It just changed the storyline a bit, not continue where Ruby/Sapphire left off.

Speaking of which, they're probably gonna put Emerald elements in these remakes like bringing back Battle Frontier or something (kinda like how HeartGold/SoulSilver had Crystal elements in it). /deja vu
Hopefully bring back the Battle Frontier they will change it a little. ^-^

My OCs!

Zhai

pokemon contests were the best! I hope there are online contests now! squee
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

Tiger

Pokemon Emerald was my first pokemon game, so I'm just gonna wait for the G3 version of Pokemon Platinum  ovO

if i can ever get it that is  :c

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

GoldenTerrabyte

2014 May 08, 20:47:48 #33 Last Edit: 2014 May 08, 20:51:43 by Yellowpikmin476
Spoiler: Wall of Text! • show
So now I can finally say it for real...

HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

Anyway, yeah, super excited! I want Alpha Sapphire, and my brother wants Omega Ruby!
And this was the generation that had Mudkip as a starter, so I'll have my favorite Pokémon!
And Secret Bases are the ABSOLUTE PERFECT thing for StreetPass to be used for, am I right?
And I sincerely hope they bring back things from X and Y like outfits and Pokémon Amie. Actually, they HAVE to bring back Pokémon Amie because of Sylveon. I will be SO angry if they turn Sylveon into another freakin' "give it an item and trade it" evolver, because I really don't like those, because of not having anyone to trade with.
But on that note, my brother's getting it too, so that won't be a problem, will it?
And yeah, outfits, the guy in Ruby and Sapphire always has the weirdest hat, so I do hope to be able to change it! And I hope haircuts come back too! I eventually got to making my character look a lot like me in X, hope to be able to do the same here. I also liked giving him blonde hair and wearing an outfit to look like a Pokémon trainer version of Link!
Contests, didn't really do them in Emerald when I played it, but I loved them in Diamond! I hope they return! When there were Pokémon Musicals in B&W, I was excited, thinking they'd be more like Contests, and was pretty disappointed at what it was like.
And if they actually go so far as to remake Diamond and Pearl someday, I hope to see the Underground return! It was the best thing ever!
I'm back

S_Realm

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 08, 20:47:48

Anyway, yeah, super excited! I want Alpha Sapphire, and my brother wants Omega Ruby!
And this was the generation that had Mudkip as a starter, so I'll have my favorite Pokémon!
And Secret Bases are the ABSOLUTE PERFECT thing for StreetPass to be used for, am I right?
And I sincerely hope they bring back things from X and Y like outfits and Pokémon Amie. Actually, they HAVE to bring back Pokémon Amie because of Sylveon. I will be SO angry if they turn Sylveon into another freakin' "give it an item and trade it" evolver, because I really don't like those, because of not having anyone to trade with.
But on that note, my brother's getting it too, so that won't be a problem, will it?
And yeah, outfits, the guy in Ruby and Sapphire always has the weirdest hat, so I do hope to be able to change it! And I hope haircuts come back too! I eventually got to making my character look a lot like me in X, hope to be able to do the same here. I also liked giving him blonde hair and wearing an outfit to look like a Pokémon trainer version of Link!
Contests, didn't really do them in Emerald when I played it, but I loved them in Diamond! I hope they return! When there were Pokémon Musicals in B&W, I was excited, thinking they'd be more like Contests, and was pretty disappointed at what it was like.
And if they actually go so far as to remake Diamond and Pearl someday, I hope to see the Underground return! It was the best thing ever!

Bro, Blaziken is the obvious choice. ;)

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: S_Realm on 2014 May 08, 21:17:48
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 08, 20:47:48

Bro, Blaziken is the obvious choice. ;)
I don't really know about who's the best choice in terms of stats, but as for the obvious choice in terms of awesomeness and cutness and favoritism it's Swampert for me, because reasons.
I'm back

Rikaria

2014 May 08, 22:38:45 #36 Last Edit: 2014 May 09, 22:00:07 by Rikaria
That reminds me... I wonder what they'll do with Blazikenite considering that was event-only...

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

It has been confirmed through a trailer on TV that Japanese variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV is to showcase world exclusive first footage of the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this weekend in the episode airing on Sunday May 11th at 07:30 JST. It's not known what the footage will contain but we'll provide details and screenshots as soon as it airs

YAY, FOOTAGE! :D (I think that's 4:30 PM for anyone in central USA / GMT -6. I don't know about other regions, sorry >.<)

EDIT 2: Relevant pic:

O:

FakeSmile

Maybe those are their mega forms? I hope
in this new game we get more mega evolutions.
:3
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

LostSanity

I really don't see how more Mega Evolutions is a bad thing.

Just IMO though...

X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Go Up