Now Recruiting: Concept Artists, 3D Modelers and 2D Artists!

Started by Liska, 2013 Mar 08, 17:35:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Liska

If you're a talented artist seeking an outlet for your creative potential, you'll be pleased to know that Legends of Equestria, the single largest and most comprehensive project for artists within the brony community, is currently looking for individuals just like you to help make the world of Legends of Equestria even bigger and better than ever! Right now, we're taking applications for all of the following departments: Concept Artists, 3D Modelers, 3D Animators, 2D Artists, and Public Relations.
All applicants must be at least 16 years of age. Here's what you'll need to apply!

Concept Artists.
Applicants must be comfortable drawing characters, creatures, and architecture in the style of the show, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. In order to apply for a concept artist  position, please email [email protected] with a link to your online portfolio. This portfolio should include something other than My Little Pony fan art. The email should also contain your Skype username, the amount of time you're able to devote to Legends of Equestria, your reason for wanting to join the project, and any strengths and weaknesses which are relevant to the position.

3D Modelers and Animators.
Applicants must have working knowledge of 3D modeling and/or animating and a reasonable amount of time available to devote to Legends of Equestria, as well as a willingness to follow directions from their team leaders. It is preferred that applicants have a specialty in architectural modeling, organic modeling, 3D animation/rigging/skinning, or any combination thereof. In order to apply for a 3D modeling or animating position, please email [email protected] with links to examples of your previous work. Please list the programs you use within the email.

2D Artists.
Applicants must be able to produce textures and graphics in the style of the show, have experience with color and design theory, an adequate amount of time they are willing to devote to Legends of Equestria, and a willingness to follow directions from their team leaders. In order to apply for a 2D artist position, please email [email protected] or [email protected] with examples of your work, and a description of your skills and experience in digital art. Please also list the programs you use within the email, as well as the reason you are interested in joining Legends of Equestria.

Notice from Kit: It's NOT all about ponies! We paint buildings, trees, other animals, props, clothing and so on. It is to your advantage to show artwork that focus on these things. Think castles, mountainous landscapes, detailed illustrations of machines and such. Showing textured UV maps is also very important. And while nearly everything we do is vectored and so you must show this skill, we love to see other styles and mediums. I'm adding this notice on the 11th of March so if you already submitted an application, you may update it with additional artwork and resend it.

Public Relations.
Applicants must be able to provide evidence that they are qualified to fill a position on the Legends of Equestria public relations team, speak in fluent and grammatically correct English, and have an adequate amount of time they are willing to devote to the project. In order to apply for a public relations position, please email [email protected] with a list of your qualifications and experience, as well as the reason you are interested in joining.

Should you be accepted, you will receive access to a large network of individuals from around the world with various talents who are willing to work toward the common goal of creating a large-scale project, plenty of practice and feedback within your specific area of interest, and work experience which could prove invaluable to any future employers. If you're interested in game development, passionate about ponies, or simply need a hobby which will put your talents to use, please do not let this opportunity pass by! Apply at Legends of Equestria today!

Legends of Equestria is not affiliated with Hasbro or DHX Media. All trademarks and copyrights are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Rad Thunder

Oh man, how I would love to be a part of this, but I can't draw or animate, and I don't know what kind of experience would be acceptable for Public Relations. Other then maybe be willing to sell the game, which I'm sure i can do.
Other then that, good luck. x3

Billow Pillow

Oh my... how wonderful! Hopefully you'll guys will obtain the new staff members you need to help [LoE] Progress to the next level of it's production! All very exciting indeed! Unfortunately for me though i don't actually have any of the required skills to attempt registry in these areas.   :nod:
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Julius

"Applicants must be able to produce textures and graphics in the style of the show"

SWEET CELESTIA YES! ovO

... I think. I most likely can if my vectors are of any indication. I mean, just look at my profile picture. Change the black outlines to colored outlines and there you go! :P

"have experience with color and design theory"

Oh Muffins... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! :c

"an adequate amount of time they are willing to devote to Legends of Equestria, and a willingness to follow directions from their team leaders."

Girl, I'm free all the time. And I can follow directions without a problem. :]

Jenzy should totally apply for Concept Artist... ^-^
Purr~

Johannes

Rad Thunder

You know what? I just applied for Public Relations. What's the worst that could happen?
Oh right. I get picked! lol

Weatherboy1

Alas, I would apply for Public Relations if I was 3 years older....

Julius

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2013 Mar 08, 18:37:14
You know what? I just applied for Public Relations. What's the worst that could happen?
Oh right. I get picked! lol

I'd apply for PR if I knew what exactly it is that they do. Hah, may apply anyways, just like you.  lol
Purr~

Johannes

I decided that I'll apply for CA. Though I'm really sure that I don't get the place.

One question.
How do I make an online portfolio?

Julius

Quote from: Johannes on 2013 Mar 08, 18:49:08
I decided that I'll apply for CA. Though I'm really sure that I don't get the place.

One question.

Do you have all of your work posted on DeviantArt? You could use that as your portfolio.
Purr~

Johannes

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Mar 08, 18:52:59
Quote from: Johannes on 2013 Mar 08, 18:49:08

One question.

Do you have all of your work posted on DeviantArt? You could use that as your portfolio.

Oh.
Well, that makes everything much easier.

Edit.
So I just put a link to my dA gallery?

Julius

Yeah, I would assume so. :)

I shall send in my applications later tonight... ovO
Purr~

Rissian

I'm interested in PR but looking I'm up more information, to see what it often entails. What they expect of you etc, before I think about applying.

Jenzy

"Applicants must be comfortable drawing characters, creatures, and architecture in the style of the show, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic."
I've already done A LOT on pony art. I'm pretty sure I can also get the creatures down as well. :nod:

Like Changelings and Griffons and such.

My only problem:
"All applicants must be at least 16 years of age."

And I'm only 15 years and 353 Days old.

:I Yikes. I'm barely 16. I'm not sure if I'm legible...

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Mar 08, 20:09:50
"Applicants must be comfortable drawing characters, creatures, and architecture in the style of the show, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic."
I've already done A LOT on pony art. I'm pretty sure I can also get the creatures down as well. :nod:

Like Changelings and Griffons and such.

My only problem:
"All applicants must be at least 16 years of age."

And I'm only 15 years and 353 Days old.

:I Yikes. I'm barely 16. I'm not sure if I'm legible...

Dude I bet it'll still be up in 12 days. Besides being that close, I think you should send a email to Anya about it

Jenzy

Ha ha jimm... =P

I just realized that wasn't the word...

I'm not sure if I'm... Eligible. Not being truly 16 yet, but in a couple weeks.

Yeah. I'll ask her and see what she thinks...

Ryo_D_Disk

Well I've sent in a application for PR , though I will admit not the greatest at applications, and I think while I was writing it and sent it, I may have gone a bit unprofessional  when I started writing interests in the project, but its sent now so no going back, however I do wish everyone the best of luck

ShadowHeart

gosh, I'd luv to help guys with the 2D art but I'm still learning. Design and colors are things I need to work on. I'll be taking drawing classes next year so I hope I can improve. Good luck to all applicants!

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Jenzy

I'd probably be good with 2D Art also, but Concepting is fine enough for me. So much art! ovO

Go Up