Do you think S6 will be the last?

Started by Icy Shield, 2015 Oct 23, 16:01:07

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Icy Shield

Spoiler alert! Don't read any further if you didn't watched S5E18!

After recent cmc episode, we saw that they finally get their cutie marks. As much as I'm proud of them, this also could be a sind that show is getting close to grand finale. Although I could be wrong.

Let it snow!

LostSanity

Possibly.

To be completely honest... it probably should be with the 2017 movie acting as a de-facto "series finale."

But that's just my view on it.

We'll have to just wait and see what happens to find out.

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Mizuki

I agree with LostSanity in that they should probably end the show by 2017 with the movie...

But knowing Hasbro, they might keep airing it for the next 5 years or so :O

Then again, it's possible that they'll end it after the pony movie and then give Equestria Girls its own spin-off since it's doing so well right now.

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

McClaw

IIRC, it's standard for contracts for TV series to be written to last seven years. If that happened here, there will probably be seven seasons.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

LostSanity

Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Oct 23, 22:17:02
give Equestria Girls its own spin-off since it's doing so well right now.

Which I won't watch. Sorry.

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Breeze

It's more than just that. If you remember Lauren Faust said something along the lines of "I had planned for all the ponies to realize their dreams. Twilight becomes a princess. Rainbow Dash joins the Wonderbolts. Rarity gets her shop in Canterlot...and it's so sad that I can't take them there."

Well...Twilight IS a princess. Rainbow Dash DID join the wonderbolts. Rarity HAS her shop in Canterlot. Heck, Rarity even said "I have everything I ever dreamed of...". It's all falling into place.

That said, I swear I read that Hasbro and the team have plans for the show for at least the next 5 years. That was in early 2014 I first saw that, so that puts the timeline running through 2019. Things changing doesn't mean the end, just that things will go in a different direction. It's already happened once what with the elements of harmony and all.

Go Up