Other Pony Games

Started by Chocolate Munchies, 2018 Aug 12, 06:14:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chocolate Munchies

2018 Aug 12, 06:14:00 Last Edit: 2018 Aug 22, 04:56:51 by Chocolate Munchies Reason: Tried to edit, but duplicated the post.
May be inappropriate to advertise other Pony games here, but just thought I'd ask if people had other suggestions for finished Pony related games. A couple I could suggest would be:

"Fallout Equestria: Remains." A side scrolling shooter/exploration. Very well done, but a bit dark given the Fallout background. Very good, worth a look if you like side-shooters.

"Fall of Anterfold Outland" A bit of a horror style game, but there are several in the series. I had a very hard time getting it to work, and not fantastic from what I saw.  Also had my antivirus think it had malware, but that seemed to have been a false positive. Probably wouldn't recommend it.

Many fan games seem to be quite dark. Anyone got some suggestions of more lighthearted/positive games?

Chocolate Munchies

May be inappropriate to advertise other Pony games here, but just thought I'd ask if people had other suggestions for finished Pony related games. A couple I could suggest would be:

"Fallout Equestria: Remains." A side scrolling shooter/exploration. Very well done, but a bit dark given the Fallout background. Very good, worth a look if you like side-shooters.

"Fall of Anterfold Outland" A bit of a horror style game, but there are several in the series. I had a very hard time getting it to work, and not fantastic from what I saw.  Also had my antivirus think it had malware, but that seemed to have been a false positive. Probably wouldn't recommend it.

Many fan games seem to be quite dark. Anyone got some suggestions of more lighthearted/positive games?

FluttyCherrry

Fall of Anterfold is the best horror you are probably didn't play so much it. My antivirus didn't block the game and there are many people which don't have such problems.

I recommend to visit the official discord channel and to discuss a bit with other people. If you didn't understand something in the game that doesn't mean what the game is bad.

Chocolate Munchies

Quote from: FluttyCherrry on 2018 Aug 29, 11:17:43Fall of Anterfold is the best horror you are probably didn't play so much it. My antivirus didn't block the game and there are many people which don't have such problems.

I recommend to visit the official discord channel and to discuss a bit with other people. If you didn't understand something in the game that doesn't mean what the game is bad.

Perhaps. I only tried one of them, and it just wouldn't run well on my PC. Crashed a few times, textures had popping issues, camera got stuck in the floor, and yes, I will admit the gameplay just wasn't my thing. Constant monster spawning in darkness, while you just run as far as you can. I've looked up a YouTube playthrough of it, and others seem to get it to work, so maybe there's something about my system it didn't like.

My phrasing was a bit negative, but I can only report my personal experience with the game. Though it sounds like the game's been updated since I tried it, so maybe I'll give it another go when I have a chance.

FluttyCherrry

2018 Aug 30, 09:12:08 #4 Last Edit: 2018 Aug 30, 09:24:13 by FluttyCherrry
Quote from: Chocolate Munchies on 2018 Aug 30, 06:36:41Perhaps. I only tried one of them, and it just wouldn't run well on my PC. Crashed a few times, textures had popping issues, camera got stuck in the floor, and yes, I will admit the gameplay just wasn't my thing. Constant monster spawning in darkness, while you just run as far as you can. I've looked up a YouTube playthrough of it, and others seem to get it to work, so maybe there's something about my system it didn't like.

My phrasing was a bit negative, but I can only report my personal experience with the game. Though it sounds like the game's been updated since I tried it, so maybe I'll give it another go when I have a chance.

If you mean ''unending spawn'' in Fall of Anterfold: Outland 2, they fixed it already. Soon will out Outland 3. For normal control use WASD control (You can get it from the launcher) and in folder exist file FoA Def.reg which can fix that problem. Sometimes the second launch stabilizes the textures.

If you mean appearing from the dark, it's normal. In new generation, each Fall of Anterfold game has extended the radius of visibility for the character.

Here is discord channel - https://discordapp.com/invite/Auy6Rve
If you will have some problems.

Chocolate Munchies

Day Dreaming Derpy - An adorable little JRPG featuring the lovable Mailmare. Let's you talk to some of the residents of Ponyville and fight ghosts in the dreamlands. Characters are modeled after I think it's called the chibi versions of MLP? Kind of tubby and squat. The game's pretty brightly coloured and cheerful, I'd recommend it.

AvesRamer

One feature that I really miss a lot is that in older X games each ship had different compatible weapon systems a player could mount on the ships. That made each ship individual and unique.
I see that we have a lot less weapons in X4 now and this might be the reason why Ego removed that system from X4, but I hope we will see more new weapon systems in the future and then I hope we get the compatible weapons for each ship back.

Any chance for this? What do you think? Any information about this? Is Egosoft happy without this feature?

Go Up