Open Server Weekend August 8th-10th!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Jun 13, 09:53:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Maldenser

They should let us download it early so we already have it on our computers when the servers go up

LitzieCreations

The version I downloaded on the last open server weekend will still work, right? Just want to make sure ^-^

KrystalClear

what happened to chat?... I cri... :'(

Lucien

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2014 Aug 07, 22:49:57
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:46:41
Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:44:58
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:37:34
Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:36:17
Time zones Fun for all... ish.

Anyways heres some north american time zones in order(when servers open)
PST/PDT - 9:01pm (Pacific)
MST/MDT - 10:01pm (Mountain)
CST/CDT - 11:01pm (Central)
EST/EDT - 12:01am (Eastern)
AST/ADT - 01:01am (Atlantic)

So people in Washington, Oregon, and California are already playing the game? And which states are on the Atlantic Time Zone? Because I'm on the eastern time zone.

There are no states that are in the Atlantic Time Zone. Some parts of Canada are though. And no people in those states are not playing yet. Everything is relative to EST in which the server is located. Those before EST like CST, MST, and PST, will be able to play at the same time relative to EST. Like i said before Time zones are fun...

So the game will start internationally at 12:01 AM in all of the United States and Canada basically? Meaning that if you live in the other time zones, you'll have to wait until 12:01 AM its around then be able to play. Why so long in Canada, though?

Interesting

NO. The EXACT SAME TIME it is 12:01 in EST, it will be 11:01 CST. EVERYONE WILL PLAY AT THE EXACT SAME TIME.

Kind of bugged me, sorry  X3

You know how Earth's rotation works...?
Starting anew. I am a musician. My past here means nothing.

Bro1997

Quote from: Night_Star030 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:58:48
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:33:21
Quote from: Night_Star030 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:31:42
Quote from: Dark Silvergun on 2014 Aug 07, 17:51:19
I'm wondering myself,
I thought the download link would be available by now,
but alas,
it is currently not.

So,
it's Waiting is Magic for now.

Seems they are a little behind with the build. But the moderator has posted it will be available 10 minutes before it opens. :I

Well, I guess it's because they're having problems with the servers. Technical difficulties I guess? The game is pretty advanced so I can imagine flaws in it. After all, if they're weren't, the game would already be officially released. But that will never happen in the next 50 years.

I wonder if it will be free or not. I cannot believe they will not charge some form of membership fee to play. All that time they put to develop the game, & time is money.

But I do remember a particular bug I encountered on the last open server weekend. When I used the 64 version, my little guy got stuck at the entrance of Sugarcane Corner (Sugar Cube Corner).  Using the 86 version got me out.

I believe it's free.

Post Merge

Quote from: Lucien on 2014 Aug 07, 23:05:34
Quote from: LunarDusk on 2014 Aug 07, 22:49:57
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:46:41
Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:44:58
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:37:34
Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:36:17
Time zones Fun for all... ish.

Anyways heres some north american time zones in order(when servers open)
PST/PDT - 9:01pm (Pacific)
MST/MDT - 10:01pm (Mountain)
CST/CDT - 11:01pm (Central)
EST/EDT - 12:01am (Eastern)
AST/ADT - 01:01am (Atlantic)

So people in Washington, Oregon, and California are already playing the game? And which states are on the Atlantic Time Zone? Because I'm on the eastern time zone.

There are no states that are in the Atlantic Time Zone. Some parts of Canada are though. And no people in those states are not playing yet. Everything is relative to EST in which the server is located. Those before EST like CST, MST, and PST, will be able to play at the same time relative to EST. Like i said before Time zones are fun...

So the game will start internationally at 12:01 AM in all of the United States and Canada basically? Meaning that if you live in the other time zones, you'll have to wait until 12:01 AM its around then be able to play. Why so long in Canada, though?

Interesting

NO. The EXACT SAME TIME it is 12:01 in EST, it will be 11:01 CST. EVERYONE WILL PLAY AT THE EXACT SAME TIME.

Kind of bugged me, sorry  X3

You know how Earth's rotation works...?

It's only fair though.

Blue Shield

I'm still waiting for the download... Wasn't it supposed to be available by now? I thought the mods said about 0000 EST...

Peace Keeper

Quote from: LitzieCreations on 2014 Aug 07, 23:04:57
The version I downloaded on the last open server weekend will still work, right? Just want to make sure ^-^

Eenope. You need this download. Previous ones will not work
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

hero4001

That sûre That i Will play loe!!! I wont miss à weekend  :D and good luck to not play Much. Of loe  lol

Bro1997

No, It won't. Believe me. I thought the same thing too. Don't know why though?

Meteor Sprint

Answerin' some questions now:

Yes the game will be free, this is to prevenet a C&D i believe

there's no special program to downlaod the game, you just follow the link, extract the game and play

And no the version from the last osw won't work

Bro1997

Quote from: Blue Shield on 2014 Aug 07, 23:06:30
I'm still waiting for the download... Wasn't it supposed to be available by now? I thought the mods said about 0000 EST...

There's tons of issues right now. It should be ready by 11:50 though.

LunarDusk

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Aug 07, 23:03:20
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 23:02:27
Quote from: LunarNixie on 2014 Aug 07, 23:01:14
so do i need a special program to download it or do i just download it? :o

Basically, you'll have to wait until the downloads page has links ready. It's a special program created specially for the LOE game.

I'd assume you just download and extract the game.
I don't remember clearly if you need the Unity plug-in

I think you do
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Darkness24

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 23:06:57

Previous version don't work becaus new stuff as been added and the codes might have changed since, its jsut that the last one is outdated

LitzieCreations

Oh alright, thanks for the heads-up! Now I must wait for download links to be up c:

Bro1997

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2014 Aug 07, 23:08:08
Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Aug 07, 23:03:20
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 23:02:27
Quote from: LunarNixie on 2014 Aug 07, 23:01:14
so do i need a special program to download it or do i just download it? :o

Basically, you'll have to wait until the downloads page has links ready. It's a special program created specially for the LOE game.

I'd assume you just download and extract the game.
I don't remember clearly if you need the Unity plug-in

I think you do

That's what I said. On most programs like these, you would use the Unity plug-in. Pony Creator uses it too.

Post Merge

Quote from: Darkness24 on 2014 Aug 07, 23:08:54
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 23:06:57

Previous version don't work becaus new stuff as been added and the codes might have changed since, its jsut that the last one is outdated

Well, that makes sense now! The codes would have to be changed anyway so it wouldn't look right. New versions look better anyways. I hope the game will be officially released by 2016.

Peace Keeper

Let's all relax to some music shall we

Spoiler: Was listening to this earlier • show

Spoiler: Some music I hear at home to relax • show
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

WizzlePiff

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:33:29
1 more hours béfore fryday  O: they nedd to pût the game right now  ovO

it is friday for me already for a couple of hours to be precise 5 hours it 5 am here europe the netherlands DAng no sleep  ovO
stay awake to paly :D

Night_Star030

You have to upload a new game version because they added stuff, them means that you loose all the data of your character. You have to redesign your pony have the codes for your character to export the PonyCodes into the Unity Character editor when you log-in into the game. :I

Too bad there is no way to save what you earned from the previous game versions. :l

hero4001

When do yu. Guy think That Will be the Other Free weekend  o.O

WizzlePiff

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Aug 07, 23:11:36
Let's all relax to some music shall we

Spoiler: Was listening to this earlier • show

Spoiler: Some music I hear at home to relax • show

Go Up