Alanca

Cutie Mark:
The 4 Elements

Job:
Guardian of the Aether

Personalty:
Serious, no-nonsense, caring.

Bio:
Alanca is the main Guardian pony of the Aether. She prefers not to tell about her past, but gain enough trust and you might know about it. Or find a Alestran and try to squeeze the story out of them. She controls the 5 Elements (Earth, Air, Fire, Water and the Aether).

Pictures of the pony:

Spoiler: show

Backstory:

Alanca grew up in Canterlot with her 4 sisters. Each of them gained their cutie mark of the elements. Alanca was a blank flank, and often teased. Little is known about her early life. When they were all able to sustain themselves, they created the paradise of the Aether, and Alanca gained her cutie mark of the Aether. The paradise was barren and lifeless, so they started to pick very special ponies to join them, and those picked became known as Alestreans. Many years passed as the Alestrans protected Equestria. The problem was is that those who weren't Alestreans couldn't see them, so their work became unnoticed. The Aether became a land of myth and legend. Ponies were rejecting it's existence and just called it an old ponies tale. Alanca was content with it. "If they do not see us, fine. We can carry our work unnoticed and nothing will change." Is famously quoted. The other sisters were not happy. They wanted to show everyone they existed and have power to be reckoned with. On their personal quest they got consumed by evil and hatred. The Aether was close to crumbling under the dark cloud cloaked over it. Alestreans took sides to the sisters or Alanca. Alanca's side was the smaller, but stronger. A cry from the Alestreans was given out to remove the tyrant sisters from the Aether all together. A long and hard fought battle raged between the sisters and Alanca. Through much determination, Alanca came out victorious. Alanca exiled the sisters from the Aether. Strangely, all the sisters (Including Alanca) lost their cutie marks. Alanca's was replaced with 4 of the elements, and 2 pink braces appeared on her back legs. The other sisters became blank flanks, and were cursed to never gain them again. The Aether returned to the paradise it once was, and Alanca has been Guardian of the Aether ever since.

Facts:

-The Braces on Alanca's legs represent the Aether.

-In a crisis, Alanca's horn will glow black.

RP in the Aether:

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2401.0

Felicity

Cutie Mark:
Paintbrush and Easel

Job:
Self-employed artist

Personalty:
Happy-go-lucky, sensitive, excitable

Bio:
Felicity is a self made artist. She has a workshop in ponyville and has a class for student artists. Her favorite things to draw are Cakes and Sweets, which is ironic since she can't bake

Pictures of the pony:

Backstory
Felicity was a hobbyist from the age of 12. At the age of 16 she moved out and started as an assistant baker in Sugar Cube Corner, which didn't go too well and was fired. After that she tried to make a living off of anything she could find. She was in poverty and could barley afford eating each week. One day a pony came over to look at some trinkets she was selling and saw her paintings. He gave her allot of bits for it, and felicity realized she could make a living that way. After getting recognized she bought a workshop and started an art class

Weaknesses:
Unable to bake, annoying, sensitive, easy to scare

Lemon Juice and Lime Drop

Cutie Mark:
Lemon Juice-Lime
Lime Drop-Lemon

Job:
Lime/Lemon sales-ponies

Personalty:
Kind, generous, friendly towards each other

Bio:
Still to complete

Pictures of the Ponies:

Lemon Juice

Lime Drop

Backstory:
Still to complete

Weaknesses:
Can be aggressive, afraid of loosing each other

Facts:

-Lemon Juice and Lime Drop are twins

-They are in business together

Taegu

Cutie Mark:
Suitcase

Job:
No-one knows. Something to do with photography or being a flight attendant? She makes a lot of bits from it though.

Personalty:
Serious, intelligent, cosmopolitan

Bio:
Taegu lives in Manehattan and is a very experienced jet setter. She's lived there all her life and makes a lot of bits. Her job is unknown. She has a tendency to never take a joke and often get offended. Besides that, she's intelligent and can speak the worlds 5 major languages

Pictures of the pony:

Trips:
[spoiler]Paris, Prance:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/BsvIf.png
[/spoiler]

Backstory
Still to complete

Weaknesses:
Never see's the bigger picture. Over suspecting

Facts

-She knows and fluently speaks every major language in the world.

-She has tricks to overcome jet lag

sonyablademaster

Gracie Sky

The character is extremely Sueish and the story is difficult to believe from a logical stand point.

Other than that, it's a nice character. Your idea of The Aether is compelling enough to hold its own.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

LarryMcLie

2012 May 24, 18:52:51 #3 Last Edit: 2012 May 24, 18:57:32 by LarryMcLie
Guardian of the Aether! Well I'm the king of the Aether! I even have the skin.

KoalaLover99

Rumor

Felicity is sort've a mary sue.. x3

Morning Glory

I don't think Felicity is a Sue. She's a simple, believable character so far. A happy-go-lucky painter. Sounds great!

Alanca certainly is, but Felicity isn't yet. Her background and stuff might make her one, but so far if she's just a regular pony with a talent for painting then she's a great character. What fun! Cute and basic. My favorite!

Rumor

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 May 28, 16:23:57
I don't think Felicity is a Sue. She's a simple, believable character so far. A happy-go-lucky painter. Sounds great!

Alanca certainly is, but Felicity isn't yet. Her background and stuff might make her one, but so far if she's just a regular pony with a talent for painting then she's a great character. What fun! Cute and basic. My favorite!
You make a good point. :]

KoalaLover99

I may sound stupid here... but what is Mary sue?

Morning Glory

2012 May 28, 18:57:24 #9 Last Edit: 2012 May 28, 19:03:34 by Morning Glory
Basically it's a character that is perfect, or has an unrealistic amount of special qualities and defining features. Looking at ponies in particular, you can see lots of people on this board have created what could be called "Mary Sues".

Look at Ponyville. Most of the ponies there are believable, regular ponies. They are bakers, or flower sellers, or carpenters. Even the mane six aren't that super special aside from being the Elements of Harmony. They're a farmer, a dressmaker, a pastry chef, a wildlife caretaker, and a weather pony, aside from Twilight Sparkle. They have a few things they are good at, and a few things they are not so good at. They are most like a real person, with real flaws and hence real personalities. When you get into the realm of wildly powerfully demi-gods, it makes your character seem petty and uninteresting. What interesting things could ever happen to a pony that could fix all their problems with a swish of a horn? To make a character with extreme benefits work, you have to include an extreme disadvantage as well. Think in Disney's Aladdin, with the Genie.

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!!!

itty bitty living space

The Genie only works as a likeable, interesting character because he is quite literally a slave. He has wonderful amazing powers, but cant use them for his own benefit, and must always obey his master's orders. If you're going to have a super-hero tier pony character, they have to have something that makes them weaker as well. To make them realistic, and hence, worth while.

Thunder Jet

Also, you can't be an Alicorn in the game.

KoalaLover99

2012 May 29, 11:11:35 #11 Last Edit: 2012 May 29, 11:17:12 by KoalaLover99
got it ;)

Alanca was kind of invented for my RP sooooo... :P

KoalaLover99

New OC's Lime and Lemon Drop!

And Felicity is finished ;)

Rumor

Quote from: KoalaLover99 on 2012 Jun 05, 16:19:38
New OC's Lime and Lemon Drop!

And Felicity is finished ;)
Two people on this site already have an OC named Lemon Drop I think.. :P