Go Down

Dawnstar

2012 May 13, 20:31:30 Last Edit: 2012 May 13, 21:14:31 by Dawnstar

Name: Respite Arcis
Species: Earth Pony
Coat: Tan
Mane/Tail: Purple
Eyes: Bright Gold
Cutie Mark: Golden laurels surrounding a teal keep.
Hometown: Ponyville
Residence: Varies

Personality: Has an unwavering sense of calm about him. May rush to another pony's aid if he believes they need assistance. Extremely stubborn.

Talents: Respite has always been a tough pony ever since he was a colt. While not overly strong, he has a tendancy to press his stamina and willpower to a point where other ponies would collapse from exhaustion. Holding true to his name, Respite will step in to help other ponies giving them a chance to rest.

Respite earned his cutie mark on a survival dare between a handful of other ponies in the everfree forest. They had dared each other to see who could stay the longest in the forest without fleeing in fear when a pack of Timberwolves appeared. They tried to fight the wolves off, but a bunch of foals stood little chance against the pack. Respite managed to draw the pack's attention to himself and lured them away from the other ponies until he managed to lose them across a river, after which his cutie mark appeared.

Expand for images:
Spoiler: show
A grown Respite wearing his armour:

Respite as a colt before acquiring his cutie mark:

Rad Thunder

So he's a knight? That's pretty sweet! B)

Dawnstar

Yeah, haven't come up with how that happened yet, but he's a knight of Canterlot. However, he's not one of the city guard type knights but rather a field knight traveling from town to town.

Rumor

Dawnstar

I do my best to make my characters interesting. :)

I usually tend to have a knightly character somewhere in everything I do as a force of habit so that's where Respite here came from.

Rumor

But how do you come up with there design?  o_o

Dawnstar

I start with just a basic idea for what I want the character to be like, usually don't even have a name at that point. I've been using Generalzoi's Pony Creator to make the ponies as my drawing skills are a bit rusty right now. Then I just mess with the colors until I get something I like and in this one's case I managed to cobble together the outfit accessories in the creator to make some presentable armour.

The cutie marks I make myself and are usually after I think of a name and are just before backstory and touch ups.

sonyablademaster

Haned tom.

Oblivion says " Well this might be one worth copyinf the genetic code from." (( In other words I like it.))
In life there is no good or evil. There is only opinions and business.

Dawnstar

I'm glad you like them. Character creation is one of my better skills and while not all of them turn out all right it's always nice when they do.  :)

Just have the short back story for my third pony to finish before I post her here.

sonyablademaster

Go Up